//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 2002 honda rancher 350 4x4 quad, any one can tell me more about it

--

2002 honda rancher 350 4x4 quad, any one can tell me more about it

I am going to buy a 2002 honda rancher 350 4x4 quad soon in two weeks. any one has ever owned these such a machine?? any recall on this quad? any issues? should i know of

Thanks.

--
    My dad has a 2001 Honda Rancher 350 4x4. Its the Electric Shift version. Its a good quad for the most part. It is developing some weird shifting problems lately. I don't know if that was because my friend was driving and he did know how to exactly shift or the ES program is going out. I have heard that the ES boxes can go bad sometimes.

Also, the electric start almost never works now. My uncle has the exact same bike and its doing he same thing. When you push the electric start button it just clicks. Its not the battery. I think i have read somewhere that it is the relay or the starter is going bad. Either way, it has a pull start so its not really a big issue.

I will tell you what, that thing could climb a tree if you put studs on the tires. Its a working man's quad that is for sure. Besides those two issues, we have had no problems with the bike. It has ALOT of hours on it and still starts up strong, no ticking, no smoking, etc.

Its just one of those things that parts wear out in time and may need replacing.
    My Rides:
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r - Want to trade for TRX250r
    1989 Suzuki LT-160

--
    Okay now i understood about those 350es rancher. i perfer to go with foot shifter model on honda rancher 350 4x4 quad. Thanks again for help me out with info.

--
    My dad had one and I loved that bike. Like k00leo said it was a beast. His was the foot shift model and he never had any problems with it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by k00leo View Post
    My dad has a 2001 Honda Rancher 350 4x4. Its the Electric Shift version. Its a good quad for the most part. It is developing some weird shifting problems lately. I don't know if that was because my friend was driving and he did know how to exactly shift or the ES program is going out. I have heard that the ES boxes can go bad sometimes.
    Just adding onto what I said earlier. I took the rancher out for a spin the other day. Nothing was wrong with the Electric Shift (ES). The idle was set too high so it wouldn't go in gear as smoothly. Some kind of safety feature i guess. Either way, turned down the idle and all is good.
    My Rides:
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r - Want to trade for TRX250r
    1989 Suzuki LT-160

--
    kool, how about 2000-2004 honda foreman 450s 4x4 quad??

--
    Starters,fr wheel bearings,axle boots.Great machines all in all. You obviously know,you won't go wrong with a Honda. RAncher Es's,,angle sensor is almost always the problem if they aren't shifting. That or water in the wiring under the fuses or harness at the ECM. Great machines! Good luck and let us know what you find! Post up any more ?? 's you may have. Although,,I'm in here once a month!??

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //