//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Manually choking?

HondaClaw is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Manually choking?

Well ever since I bought my trx 300 the choke has not been operable, so I manually choke it to cold start it.. (almost never works...) And it does this a lot but I was wondering if that when gas come back through from where the airfilter goes to the carb, is that a bad problem? Any thoughts are accepted

--
    Is your air filter/airbox flooding? If it is,,your float is sticking/worn out. To get your choke working,,,and well worth it!!!!!! You need a good control,,is yours broke? A good cable,,yours is prolly seized.and more than likely ,your actuall choke plunger is stuck in your carb body. If that's the case,report back and I'll walk you thru that. It usually isn't easy,,but we'll get it! Gonna be 29 here Friday Morning. YOU NEED your choke!

--
    I know, and yeah, from previous trouble shootings I have safely assumed my float is not operating right XD and my choke plunger is stuck, god only knows how XD I did order a rebuild kit from G&H discount ATV but they sent me one for a 93 and up trx 300, and I never sent it back.. Anyway I gotta get my old choke out.. and fix my float, I'm just scared to rip into my carb

--
    Gotta soak the plunger,,a cpl days if it's really bad.. If it's average,pull your cable out,which maybe you have done? Obviously,doing this stretches the tabs on the plunger. It's the only way in! Then CAREFULLY and slowly see ,with the right sized screwdriver,if you can turn it. Do not brake the ears off! If it won't turn,leave it soak till it will. At some point you will get it spinning in there,,Then it's time to rinse the crap out of it as you turn,you're making MINUTE space in there to get this out! After awhile you will be able to very carefully try pulling it up out with a good pair of needle nose pliars. Then clean the hole out very well! You may be able to shine the plunger up,lube it w a little grease,and reinstall. After of course you have thouroughly cleaned your carb! You will simply take off the 4 screws holding the float bowl on. Blow air thru the main jet,pilot jet,the air holes coming in from the back of the carb that mixes your air with those respective passages,Remove your float,carefully taking care of the float needle. Inspect it that it does NOT have a ridge in it,If it does,it needs replaced. Clean everything spotless. Reassemble. No scary springs or diaphragms. They also have new ones on Ebay ,I don't know what they're going for.

--
    I see carbs go for like $100-$120 and yeah my choke cable isn't connected to anything as the part where it connects to the plunger was like splayed apart somehow -_- (not by me)

--
    Hello!Welcome to the site! I hope to be friend with you in the future!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //