//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 86 tecate TT build

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    Hey joe,
    If you have some more stuff that you want polished send me a PM.
    Ill get ahold of you when im ready to get this pipe fixed, thanks.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Almost 8 years after the original post, this machine is finally coming together. The vision changed somewhat in that time, it will be a show only trike. While everything is rebuilt or new, I won't be putting any fluids in or attempting to start it. It's a bit of a bummer, but it is what it is. I'm waiting one parts to come back from the player right now, when I get them next week I should have 99% of the parts. I picked up some very special pieces for this machine over the last 20 years, it's definitely going to be a 1 of a kind machine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190701_122016.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	259176
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    ...... I'm waiting one parts to come back from the player right now.......
    Looks more like serious business to me. But it's your build, call it what you want, playa.

--
    Is that an NOS tank?!?!

I see from the living room trike pile, that you too have an understanding lady like mine.... Although Deonna broke her big toe on my BSA A50 while walking thru the living room in the dark one night to get a glass of water.

She's NOT cool about spray painting stuff and then baking it in the oven or using the oven for bearing removal, though.

Looking forward to the results

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    A Kiester is always quick to jump on a typo and make a funny joke. Well played buddy.

Ironchop, there's lots of deception in this photo. The tank is a Clarke reproduction, and my wife is absolutely not ok with this. Ive been unsuccessfully lobbying to keep this in the living room for many years. We made a compromise, she's letting me build it in the living room but after the Pine Lake race at the end of this month, it has to find a new home. The basement hardly seems like a suitable place for it, I really have no clue where it will go

--
    A Kiester is always quick to jump on a typo and make a funny joke. Well played buddy.

Ironchop, there's lots of deception in this photo. The tank is a Clarke reproduction, and my wife is absolutely not ok with this. Ive been unsuccessfully lobbying to keep this in the living room for many years. We made a compromise, she's letting me build it in the living room but after the Pine Lake race at the end of this month, it has to find a new home. The basement hardly seems like a suitable place for it, I really have no clue where it will go
    I have a nice, cozy spot picked out for it in my living room next to my Mugen 250r
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Are you married Bendan?

--
    Are you married Bendan?
    To his Mugen, yes

--

If you put it in a glass case I bet it can stay. Maybe etch some sensitive inscription on the glass too. Little trick that might work for you.
    It is eye candy already! My imagination is running wild. Great idea and work!
    Last edited by fieldy; 07-02-2019 at 12:59 AM.

--
    Are you married Bendan?
    Was, not anymore. Now I can build stuff in my living room and wash parts in the dishwasher and set sleeves in my oven. It’s truly epic
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    .......or using the oven for bearing removal, though.
    That's ok. The gas grill outside is quicker for carrier bearing removal than your oven.

--
    Got my parts back from the platers and started final assembly.
    I know for a fact they lost my brake bleeders, now I'm paranoid every time I can't find a bolt. I also misplaced some parts over the years, had to make an emergency call to the tecate store for some stuff. This will be conplete in 2 weeks, somehow Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190708_221418.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	259241

--
    I know for a fact they lost my brake bleeders, now I'm paranoid every time I can't find a bolt. I also misplaced some parts over the years, had to make an emergency call to the tecate store for some stuff. This will be conplete in 2 weeks, somehow
    I'm telling you, there's a wormhole in the Time-Space Continuun inside your garage that eats hardware. I have the same damn problem

--
    Thanks buddy, I had no clue why it was upside down. And yes, the worm hole sucks. I imagine a nice parallel universe where there is a hamper full of all the socks that got lost in the dryer and my damn missing bolts.

Also, a stupid mistake by me, I didn't check my bolts and had a 1st gen swingarm link bolt beautifully chromed instead of the 2nd gen one that is about a half inch longer. Not sure how I'm going to fix this mess up. Very disapointing

--
    This build is fighting me the whole way. The GPI radiators don't fit worth a . I got the wrong axle bearing spacer, didn't realize till I had both bearings pressed in. Progress is being made, but it's slow. Still determined to get it done and loaded in the trailer by next Sunday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190713_012129.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	259295

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //