//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 tecate TT build

--

86 tecate TT build

I bought this trike in '03 and have been slowly but surely been collecting parts. I took a few years off and had it parked, had a few years where i drove it, but the ultimate goal in mind was to someday restore it. Last August i dug it out of storage, took it for one last ride and disassembled it. What i wanted to build was an era correct TT trike because the story behind mine was that it was a TT racer from Kentucky. I knew that it had to have a white frame because i used to drool over biggreenmachine 's first generation tecate. My neighbor restores 6 figure cars so he was more than qualified to spray it. I took some a bunch of parts to him to paint and started messing with the rest of the parts. I thought i'd polish the swinger and some other aluminum parts. Thats where i made my mistake. Polished parts are like a drug addiction, the more you get the more you need. Eventually i decided that all the aluminum had to be polished. I started with the easy stuff like the swinger, motor mounts, forks, and tripples. The time i spent polishing started to effect my work so i sent most everything else out to Greg King. I can't say enough good about this guy. His rates are incredibly reasonable, turn around time is amazing, and best of all his work is top notch. The period correct part of the build is still in effect, but it is also a show machine. With all that said, i have some parts of the assembled motor and carb. This is the first time i split cases myself and was surprised to find fairly easy. This is all i have pictures of at this point but photobucket will be updated as i make progress.

--
    DUDE!!!!! That looks like a million bucks!!! AWESOME
    Just sit back and chillaxx

--
    wow !!! that is amazing looking !! great job man.
    down to parts because i no longer have a place to ride trikes.

GIT IT RAAAGGGGG !!!!

--
    Looks sweet, that's going to be tough to keep clean.
    nstyle73

"When in doubt, wind it out"

Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-nstyle73

--
    Wow. Looks so good. Almost wish I hadn't seen those pics. I'm in the planning stage of a restore for my '86, lol.
    Last edited by TatTooL23; 09-19-2011 at 01:05 AM.
    TPC TRIKES

FSU Powersports

RNS Powdercoating

--
    Looks awesome.. Can't wait to see some more pics..
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    I forgot to put up some before pics. nstyle- it will be very easy to keep clean it won't be ridden. haha

I am looking for a a set of 8" blue duro tires like are on in the first pic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
    i was contemplating a full polished engine next myself...next meaning much later on. looks great!

unfortunately nstyle is right...ive had a ZX7R for many years now with a polished frame. it oxidizes and starts to look dull just on its own. so it does take a good amount of keeping up with. gking mentioned after using mothers aluminum polish, throw some plain wax on it so it holds up longer. i didnt try that yet, but thought it might be worth a shot.

i know what you mean about being a polish addict. it just feeds on itself until you are all polished!

what kind of carb are you rocking there?

not sure if your interested but jeswinehart can do a KIPS emblem in white if you are interested, may go nice with the white hoses. sblt500r also does a billet oil fill cap in case your interested in that as well.
    Last edited by sportvette; 09-19-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    86 KXT250B1 (4)
    87 KXT250B2
    85 ATC250R
    85 ATC350X
    84 ATC200S
    87 Banshee
    96 ZX7R

R-tifacts is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Looks real good man, the white hoses look sweet, and the pollished motor....wow there is some time into that for sure. Keep the pictures coming!
    Dying breed with a need for speed

85 ATC 70
    85 250es Big Red
    85 ATC 250R
    86 ATC 350x
    86 KXT Tecate
    87 ATC 250r replica

--
    Well, i finally convinced the fiance that building the tecate in the house was a good deal. I had to compromise and it is going in a spare bedroom instead of the living room so i guess we both won. Rtifacts, your pic gave me some leverage, thanks Here are a couple more pics. I polished these parts last year so i hit them quick with some mothers and put a coat of wax on. If i have some time tomorrow i'll throw the tripples and forks on the frame. I have a bunch of parts coming in sometime this week. I'm kind of at a stand still till i get my swing arm bearings but i'll do what i can

Don't know why it looks scratchy in this photo, doesn't look like this in person

How many fingers am i holding up?

--
    Looking good!!!!!

--
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
    86 KXT250B1 (4)
    87 KXT250B2
    85 ATC250R
    85 ATC350X
    84 ATC200S
    87 Banshee
    96 ZX7R

--
    NICE!!!!!!! looking awsome man good work, what are you doing with the blue duro tires?

--
    Those tripples look great! They are kind of a rough casting- it must have taken me 4 cases of beer to do mine, and I still wasnt happy with them. Cant wait to see that Calfab nice and shiny!

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

--
    I was wanting to put the blue duros on this but haven't been able to locate any. I'll keep looking but it won't break my heart if i have to put regular tires on it. It did take me an awful long time to do the tripples. I a die grinder with a sanding wheel on it to knock off the casting lines and other abnormalities but all of the finish sanding was done by hand. If i had to measure it in beer i'd say 4 cases is pretty accurate. If i get a chance i'll get some pics of the calfab tonight. Not going to lie, i'm pretty proud of how that turned out.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //