//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Yamaha tri Zinger (4zinger) tires

--

Yamaha tri Zinger (4zinger) tires

I am sure this must have been asked before, but does anyone have any suggestions for replacement tires for the Yamaha tri zinger or 4 zinger? OEM size was a 15x7.00-6. Only size on the market is a 145/70-6 which is about an inch shorter and really too narrow for a 6" wide rim. Is there anything out there closer to the 15" diameter? I believe the last one made was a Dunlop KT465. I would even be interested in some used ones if they still had decent tread. I would need 4 as I have a 4 zinger. Thanks for the help.

--
    i'm keeping an eye out as well for my YT60. i'm just running the 145/70x6 Kenda Scorpions that came on it when i bought it. not bad, but the lip of the rim does show. i've been trying a bunch of differant sites for lawn mower tires and go kart/minibike tires, haven't found the right size yet myself. found plenty in the 15x6x6's though.
    although for my rears i've been thinking about getting Carlisle 13x6.50x6 for a flat tracker look. can get that size in Smooth (slick), Turf Master or Turf Saver. they've got the same tires in a 15x6x6. heck there's even a 14x4.50x6 Super Lug, basicly a Chevron pattern (tractor style tread), but no 7in wide found yet other than the Dunlops.

edit: bikebandit or rockymountain does have the Dunlop's
    Last edited by Jon Boy; 09-26-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    74 HONDA ATC 70
    85 HONDA 125M (undergoing surgery)
    85 YAMAHA YT60 red w/yellow trim (sold, still in the family)

"What the f*** are you doing Bill? The racetrack is no place for snacks and fancy cakes....
    I'll have a Custard Cream if your asking."

Quote Originally Posted by swampthang View Post
    Got to love that search button. Faster then a liquid R.

--
    I'm pretty sure I tried to order one of the Dunlops from Bike Bandit and was told they were discontinued. Found one for sale on Ebay, did the Buy it now and the ebay seller had to refund my money as he didn't have any either (discontinued). I looked everywhere for the Dunlops for months. Finally bought 3 Kenda Scorpions.
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DT175 View Post
    I am sure this must have been asked before, but does anyone have any suggestions for replacement tires for the Yamaha tri zinger or 4 zinger? OEM size was a 15x7.00-6. Only size on the market is a 145/70-6 which is about an inch shorter and really too narrow for a 6" wide rim. Is there anything out there closer to the 15" diameter? I believe the last one made was a Dunlop KT465. I would even be interested in some used ones if they still had decent tread. I would need 4 as I have a 4 zinger. Thanks for the help.
    Here ya go. Never ran a set but looks to be a good deal for that tire?? http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/...-p/4136676.htm I may get a set soon for the super z when it is done.
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

--
    thanks crazy, but it says "out of stock". i wonder what the ply is? well if they restock i'll have my front tire, then i'd just have to decide on what to use on the back.
    74 HONDA ATC 70

"What the f*** are you doing Bill? The racetrack is no place for snacks and fancy cakes....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Boy View Post
    thanks crazy, but it says "out of stock". i wonder what the ply is? well if they restock i'll have my front tire, then i'd just have to decide on what to use on the back.
    Ya ...I called them and
    they too are discontinued. Dang.....
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

--
    Thanks to all for your advise. I guess I will keep watching ebay. Maybe something will turn up. Also I think I can run a 7" dia x 6" wide wheel from an early moto 4 80 with the 3/70mm bolt circle and run a 16x8-7 tire. Now if I could just find 4 of those in good shape.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DT175 View Post
    Also I think I can run a 7" dia x 6" wide wheel from an early moto 4 80 with the 3/70mm bolt circle and run a 16x8-7 tire.
    i did not know that, you just gave me another idea for the front now.
    74 HONDA ATC 70

--
    Any luck finding tires?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //