//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: oven build!!

--

oven build!!

i like to make things, and i want to start to powder so why not start right. I've had the hot coat it for almost 2 yrs now, and its still in the box!! i have a ton of projects, and not much time, but i have to start somewhere. I cant see powdering all the bits, and not the frame, and axles and any other large items you may want to do. which brings us to the oven build! It will be 3x4x6 inside dimensions. framed with 20 gauge studs, insulated with mineralwool insulation, and sheathed with galvanized sheet metal. I built the base out of 1 5/8 solid unistrut. it will be heated with roughly 10,000 watts of electric heating elements controlled by a thermostat. I have a little work to do on the frame yet, then i need to find some sheet metal. the places ive called are all aroung 45-50.00 for a 4x8 or 4x10 sheet of 22 gauge, i would rather go a bit thicker, but alot of ovens are built with less with no issues. It will have a door on the one end with a window, and temp shooting port. i will update the thread as i progress, hopefully once i get the sheet metal i will be off and running. I have almost everything i need, minus sheet metal, and i only got about 170.00 in it so far. I have to get my new compressor piped down to the basement also!! heres my progress. thanks for looking.

--
    the compressor!! got a hell of a deal on it off craigslist. a little bigger than i was gonna buy, but it was actually less than the 60 gallon i was gonna buy! guy bought it a yr ago to start a business that never materialized. its still on the shipping pallet.

--
    The oven looks pretty sturdy. Once it's insulated, will there be enough room in it for a frame? It looks like it will be tight in there. Great job though. I will be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    its 4' high inside, 6' deep, frames will roll in on a trolley. tons of room especially for most atv frames i would think. thanks. check back for updates.

--
    Awesome job! You will LOVE that compressor. And you've got the 4 Zinger guarding it I see..
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    I would add another set of casters in the middle of the base.looks good I wish I had the room to do one myself

--
    Curious what you are using as far as heating elements and thermostat control. I've thought about an oven myself but have never made it past "thought". Looks good so far though.
    TRIKE INTERESTS
    A1/A2 TECATE's

BIKE INTERESTS
    ATK, Husqvarna, Maico, Harley Davidson & Yamaha Twins

PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE FOLLOWING STOLEN 3/30/2012

1999 ATK 260LQ ENG# 425681 Red/White/Blue VIN# 4MAV1CC43XA009376 (Its the last one missing out of four the first three were destroyed)

My Feedback

--
    ben i thought about casters in the middle, but dont think i need them. i stood in the center, and there is no sag at all there. these castors were on the bottom of big server racks that weigh well over 1000 lbs when full!! they are nice and super smooth rolling action!! and i will be heating it with 3-4 3000 watt 240v electric heating elements controlled by a simple oven t-stat, and a 50 amp contactor.
    Last edited by aldochina; 10-12-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: add some info

--
    heres some of the parts i robbed from an old oven that i will be using. and the control box that i robbed from work, with all the components i will need. a schematic i drew up for the wiring. i'm kinda flying by the seat of my pants on the design. it may change a bit. i will mount the elements on the sidewalls vertically, and will prob have a fan for circulating the air in the oven. Gotta figure out how to support the door. think im just gonna make a frame out of some 1" angle. i will beframing the old oven window into my door.

--
    i need to find another free oven!! I need 2 more elements, and the t-stat. the one on this oven was part of a big digital crt board. i just want an old knob style control! I may hit up some appliance stores to see what i can come up with on the cheap if i dont find an oven soon!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by aldochina View Post
    i need to find another free oven!! I need 2 more elements, and the t-stat. the one on this oven was part of a big digital crt board. i just want an old knob style control! I may hit up some appliance stores to see what i can come up with on the cheap if i dont find an oven soon!!
    I would go to Sears or Radio Shack and see if they have a T Stat. We used to have a Sears Home Store down here that would sell parts for appliances, mowers, etc.

Very cool build!
    Keep on Triking!!!! "I am the NIGHT RIDER!!!"

RIP Ninja!

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-thestud25

Trike Fest 2011, 2012 Vet!
    Founding member of the Haspin 6ft Bats Club!!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    86 Kawasak KLT110. All documentation, bought from original owner.
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

--
    What is funny is how easily and cost efectively you can build one.Yours looks to be very well constructed.The worst part about powdercoating is sandblasting items first.If you are willing to that with a few dealerships nearby you can make a few bucks.

--
    I've got an old railroad switchboard cabinet with double doors on both sides I've thought about turning in to a PC oven, I just don't have the shop space.

--
    Rory,
    Any updates on this build?

--
    Scary how old this thread is! Been away a long time, but hoping to be back in the game soon. This will be a big part of it! I have tons of pics of this build, but they are scattered across 8 years of phones cameras and cards lol. Very excited to have this done(98%).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181123_204037.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //