//ArrowChat Code
Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: How to gain posting access to the rest of the site.

--
    Does anybody know how to get in contact or how to order/buy decals from Harlan Lysne??

Thanks, Scott

--
    its a great website but 2 months thats fu*kin stupid i posted on the new member area and never got a response cause only 2 people are viewing it and 91 are viewing the area where every 1 else is so needless to say i never got any help on my 3 wheeler thanks to any 1 here i managed to figure it out but still whats the point of this crap

--
    I've had been registered for quite a while but only just bought a trike so now I'm here in anger! Not quite sure how to get my 10 posts up but I'll work on it.

My trike is a 1979 ATC110. It's immaculate. Single owner. Low miles. Runs very well. Plastic work perfect and so are all the stickers. Came with tool bag and owners manual! A guy on ebay is selling late model ('84) motors. Thinking about buying one to fit in mine and shelve the original motor. Would be nice to keep it low miles and wear out something that doesnt have "matching numbers". Cant't find much info on the reasons I cant fit a late model motor in mine. The seller tells me there are "too many". Any idea's? I'm sure someone, or a few people, have done it. The electrics are easy, that's what I do. Different engine mounts that require frame mods are not really ok as it's such a minter.. Any advice would be great. Cheers

--
    I'm new too. Definitely wish we didnt need to wait ages and post heaps to get into the site more but rules are rules i guess..! Know anything about late model ATC110 motors going into a '79 ATC110?

--
    What is up with the rule change? I used to post on here before with questions. It doesn't make sense that you can only post in one area to get the count up. oh well

1985 ATC250R
    1985 ATC350X
    1985 ATC110
    1985 ATC250SX
    1976 ATC90
    1984 ATC200S

--
    I guess they are trying to keep spammers out or something, they can get annoying

1985 ATC250R
    1985 ATC350X
    1985 ATC110
    1985 ATC250SX
    1976 ATC90
    1984 ATC200S

kebby28 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    So, this is my first time in a forum and I am so confused I don't really know where this post is going to end up but... I have a 84 200es and I get great spark when I hold the plug about a 1/4 inch away from the head but when I touch it to the head I get nothing? Its kinda weird. Any help would be great. I have rebuilt these things my whole life and could be allot of help to others but this one has me stumped. Thanks

--
    Quote Originally Posted by kebby28 View Post
    So, this is my first time in a forum and I am so confused I don't really know where this post is going to end up but... I have a 84 200es and I get great spark when I hold the plug about a 1/4 inch away from the head but when I touch it to the head I get nothing? Its kinda weird. Any help would be great. I have rebuilt these things my whole life and could be allot of help to others but this one has me stumped. Thanks
    You shouldn't get any spark through the insulator of the plug unless it is touching a ground. A 1/4 inch away and it still sparks? Does it arc to the head? We are
    talking about the plug being in the boot right? It sound to me like a grounding issue almost like the coil could have a bad ground and it is somehow feeding back to itself. Try checking all the wires with the coil other than that it could be a bad coil as I have seem some on other types of engines that will have enough to shock
    you but not enough to get through the resistance of the plug. Most plugs have resisters in them now days. Like for instance a Champion plug number will start with a "R" like RJ19LM which used to just be J19LM. Hope this helps somewhat. Best of luck.

--

Hello everyone! I'm not actually new. I was registered here back in 2006-2007 sometime but haven't been back for a while since I sold the trike I had then and didn't feel I needed to come back but now I have more trikes so here I am. That and I can't remember my ID or password for the life of me! I might as well be new though so It's only fair that I have to deal with the new rules even though it sucks. Anyway, Glad to be back. Now restoring a 1985 ATC 250 SX so I'm sure I'll be here a bit more often and hope you folks can help me and I'll help all I can. Have a good day!

--
    Suggestions and opinions on what could have caused this! I worked on a quad for a guy and he gave me a 1985 250SX but the rear differential was demolished in it. I put up an ad on CL for one and got a steal on one for $100 but not without consequence. The guy told me that the timing chain fell off the top sprocket and was
    laying in the bottom end and the motor wouldn't turn. He said it was just sitting there idling and it died and wouldn't start back up. I pulled the motor since I am
    going to fully restore it and wanted it down to the frame anyway. I started pulling the top end off and looked in the valve adjusting cover and could see the chain was still there and looked normal. I thought " Uh Oh". Then got the head off and found a disaster with a bent valve, broken valve, and a chewed up piston and
    combustion chamber including the valve seats. I checked everything out to try to find a reason this happened and everything looked good. The rod is straight
    and not overextending, normal free play, crank looks good, etc. The only thing I can think of it that the valve lash was never adjusted and the valve slammed
    shut too hard and that's what sheared the head off of the valve. The guy said it started sounding like a "chain clatter" before it quit. I run my own small engine
    repair shop and think I am right but thought I would throw up some pics and see what other opinions you guys have. Just kind of a open discussion on it. I have
    the first one that was given to me that seems to have an okay motor but am going to do a full rebuild since it's a restore so I'm not too worried about it as it will
    be fixed anyway but like I said, Any opinions are welcome. Maybe someone has a different logical explanation for it. IDK. My only uncertainty it the rod has some
    discoloration on it like heat coloring but I have seen this before and thought it was normal from heat treating during manufacturing. Usually I don't see much of it
    left because of wear and oil staining but this one is pretty prominent. Let me know what you guys think. I hope I can get the pics up since I'm
    new again. Thanks! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1353315139717.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	273.8 KB 
ID:	158081Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1353315193370.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	158082Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1353315401172.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	158083

--
    Sorry folks. I posted this in the wrong place. Oops!

rouseanator is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    i wish i could contribute to some of the blogs but awesome site very helpful for when you are stumped on your new trike project

--
    when the timing chain fell off the exaust valve was probly open and the piston broke it cause the engines are zero tolerance engines or, the chain got so lose and jump a few teeth and then the piston hit the valve and then the chain probly fell off, had it happen to one of my 200 engines, same deal.

--
    Perhaps I should post a "hello" just to get things going on membership. Ummm...

I have a Tri-z 250 I recently restored with help from this forum. I joined as an effort toward sale of the trike but it is on craigslist already.

For those who have a tri-zinger they want to mod (that was my first place to try an offer help) I may have an old expansion chamber for that lil dude. I used to race one (just a pit bike really, I raced motocross on two wheels) and we got our Zinger up to something over 50mph with a pipe, open air filter, and centrifugal clutch springs from a yamahopper moped. It was silly fast. . .the front wheel would whine at top speed.

Forums are confusing to me, please be kind if I am stepping on the wrong toes by posting this. Mr. Golightly, are you any relation to Alan Golightly?

--
    im realy not understanding y 3ww does this but oh well.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //