//ArrowChat Code
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: How to gain posting access to the rest of the site.

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by corey koemple View Post
    im realy not understanding y 3ww does this but oh well.
    #1 it's to contain spam posters to one area of the site. The average 3WW member doesn't see the spam now, but us Moderators see a lot of it and remove it so it don't clutter up the site.
    Howdy

--
    Having been a member of many, many forums I have never seen such an extreme approach to reducing spammers. Your registration forms are supposed to get rid of spammers, and if they dont then you need to update your techniques...email activation..the popular typing a funky looking word...and such are more than enough to stop spammers...the few that get past the system would take mere seconds to delete. I have ran and moderated many forums as well...the 2 month waiting period is going to send possible members to other sites where they dont have to wait the period to gain full access. Im not trying to beat a dead horse...but it would be different if the site was part of an organization..or something big..but its a 3 wheeler website..and from what Ive seen most the "spam" this site has is ignorant questions asked by uneducated people mechanically,electrically, etc. I suggest changing your policies to gain more members but if you havent done it already your probably not going to pay any attention to me. The forum is no different than a business if you make each customer not go past the doorway for 2 months to avoid the 2 jehovas witnesses you see all year youre probably going to go bankrupt...js.

--
    Does any one no were I can get a rear disc rotar can't find one or a disc that may work thank you

shovelryder is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fordtech90 View Post
    Having been a member of many, many forums I have never seen such an extreme approach to reducing spammers. Your registration forms are supposed to get rid of spammers, and if they dont then you need to update your techniques...email activation..the popular typing a funky looking word...and such are more than enough to stop spammers...the few that get past the system would take mere seconds to delete. I have ran and moderated many forums as well...the 2 month waiting period is going to send possible members to other sites where they dont have to wait the period to gain full access. Im not trying to beat a dead horse...but it would be different if the site was part of an organization..or something big..but its a 3 wheeler website..and from what Ive seen most the "spam" this site has is ignorant questions asked by uneducated people mechanically,electrically, etc. I suggest changing your policies to gain more members but if you havent done it already your probably not going to pay any attention to me. The forum is no different than a business if you make each customer not go past the doorway for 2 months to avoid the 2 jehovas witnesses you see all year youre probably going to go bankrupt...js.
    i see it totally different..... The folks worth having will stay.

--
    i should have joined along time ago. i have been looking on this site as a visitor for ten years just dont post on forums much so never joined.

--
    two months..... phew!! might be dead by then!!! Anyway ... KOOL site!!! Guess I'll keep readin!!

--
    Other folks can try to find another community like 3WW. They will be looking for a long time!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelryder View Post
    i see it totally different..... The folks worth having will stay.
    I'm worth it!!! take my word!! lol

--
    Starting my 2 months...

--
    Dang this is a preety serious site LOL! I dont mind that I have to wait 2 months lol! Theres gotta be a better way to get rid of spammers. I do agree that these rules will make people post alot of rubish just to get the 10 posts. Oh well whatever, rules are rules. I just want to talk about TRIKES!

--
    Give somebody a little authority and they abuse it

--
    Well Ive been on here for over a year but recently have been able to get back working on my bike and have over 20 posts maybe I can get a break? I swear yesterday my wife walked in and said "Really? You are on that site again? Is this all you do?" I replied " Go make me a samich!" Actually I didnt say that. I just said yes.

--
    Well guys i guess i better start posting or im never going to be able to. Ive been a member for some time an just been reading a lot of post. Now its come down to I need some parts. Im 35 now but back when I was 16 a guy sold me a 86 250r that he put together out of a create brand new for me. I rode the piss out of the thing until I sold it to some lucky fella for $550 exactly what I paid for it. So now ive acquired another 86 250r that was converted into one of the 4wheelers with that ugly conversion they sold for them after the band. Good thing about it is it looks like they quit riding it after the conversion was installed. So now i own it and immediately hacked the conversion off and installed r front end back on. I put the conversion on ebay and it sold for $450 to my surprise. (Wow) Ok now to the point I need a 10inch front rim and have been trying to contact xowner to see if he has anymore and also the triple tree for inverted forks jason hall machines. I want to start this restoration an am need of these parts so could someone help me get in touch with the right folks. Thanks for all the help

--
    I wish I could post somewhere to get some help. Its probably a good thing cause I dont have a clue how this site works. Im winging it.

--
    same here. dunes forever. ride fast,take chances.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //