//ArrowChat Code
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: How to gain posting access to the rest of the site.

--
    Well, finally to post #10. Now, I just need to wait 2 months to see the rest of the site I am blocked from. I thought it was odd there was not a members classified/for sale section. I have been here for awhile just reading posts and learning how to work on my bikes.
    Some hay wire and a zip tie will fix that!

--
    Ahhh, been wondering why I couldn't post.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

--
    Not sure if it's been two months yet but I'm gonna bang out my 10 post.

--
    Hey everyone, my name is Mark. I live in Las Vegas

--
    When I was a kid, I wanted an ATC 70 and then a 110 more than anything in life.

--
    I never got one sad to say. I had an xr200, the a kx250 and forgot all about my dream of owning and ATC, but since then, whenever I found myself in a position to ride one, you couldn't pry the grin off my face.

--
    Oddly, it never occurred to me to get one even though I have aquired just about everything else I'd always wanted, this one just kind slipped my mind.

--
    About 2 months while browsing OfferUp, I saw an 83 200x about a mile away from for 500 bucks. I bought it.

--
    This thing is sooooo beat to hell you'd have to see it to believe. I new I was paying way to much while I was doing it, but I just didn't care. So now I am fixing/rebuilding/modifing it to meet my needs.

--
    Front and rear suspension is completely shot. Rear wheel bearings are almost non-existent, triple bearings have a ton of play, tires are bald, front break doesn't work, rear break rez is broken...

--
    kid I bought it from had put "dual exhaust" on it, and by dual exhaust I mean he hacked that head pipe with possibly a Dremel, slip on clamped a y pipe and then put two slip on mufflers that are, I kid you not, zip tied to hold them on. The second melted a hole it the airbox and something had rubbed through the pipe so the exhaust has a big whole in it.

--
    Come to think of it, many of the parts are held on by zip ties. Headlights, tail light, exhaust, etc.

--
    This 18 yo kid advertised this beast as in excellent condition. He claimed to work as a motorcycle mechanic and bragged about his custum work. I asked him before and after I gave him the money, " come on dude, level with me, what all is wrong with it" and with a straight face he said nothing. Ha, kids, whatever. Anyway, the motor ran strong and all the gear worked so I bought it, so as of today...

--
    I have 83 250r triples and shocks plus a new bearing set, an 85 200x swingarm and a 350x rear shock. All of which seem to be in good condition..

--
    IThere are some questions I still would like answers to, hence my 10 quick posts.
    I am planning on extending the swingarm 3 or 4 inches before installation of it and 350 shock. I am hoping someone on here makes or sells the modified linkage required. Since I have an 83 I don't even have the original linkage to get measurements and fab one and I would rather just buy one anyway.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //