//ArrowChat Code
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: How to gain posting access to the rest of the site.

--
    I also have read what seems to be conflicting info in the front end swap. I have read everything from straight swap to you gotta change the neck, the races, the bearing, it'll need shimming plus a new steering stop.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

--
    I have arbitrarily decided that a new bearing set and maybe a shim will make it work, we'll see. Also, granted, this is more down the road but I and curious whether these Chinese zongshang it whatever 250cc ohc motors are direct bolt ins. I have seen it implied in multiple ways but I have never read anyone saying yeah, I did that and it is. Any thoughts?

--
    I think I probably got my 10 so I'll finish this up by justifying myself a little.
    Why am I extending the swingarm? Well because I'm a big dude, about 6'4" and 240. I've already put risers and higher bars on it. Both the front and rear suspension will be higher. I'll probably put a thicker seatpad on it and seat what can be done with peg positioning. I'm stretching the whole bike out so to speak. Yes, I know I should have a 350 at my size but I don't. It was an impulse buy and this is what I got, hell or high water. Oh, and what do you guys think about a supertrapp slip on? I had one on my xr so I'm nostalgic for them. Also at my size and weight I'm considering just increasing the spring weight front and rear but would rather not if it isn't necessary.

Thanks for listening, tomorrow I'll check and see if I have full access yet and any feedback you fellas want to give me.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyGrind View Post
    but did you die?
    Nope, and I've put some miles on it with almost no suspension.

--
    Darn, looks like I got 2 weeks more probation.

--
    The rules make sense to me! definitely worth the wait for all the info on here!

--
    Site looks awesome

--
    I'm new here and wow, when was the last time this page was updated

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    In an effort to help new members familiarize themselves with the site and some of our habits here we've introduced a trial period for new registrations. During this trial period you'll be limited to this forum, the Introduction forum, and also Site/Feedback section if your having problems. Veteran members will be available to help answer questions, and you'll still be able to search and read in other portions of the site but you will be limited to posting in these areas only. Full access to post in the rest of the site is of course still 100% free. We only ask now that you spend some time in these areas first and learn more about the site first before we turn you completely loose. Those requirements are:

• A registration time of 2 months or more.
    • At least 10 total posts on the forum. If you had existing posts before this was implemented, they will count towards your total. If you are new, then you'll need a total of 10 posts in the three above mentioned area before your given access to post elsewhere.

Again, you are still available to read all of the other existing threads and posts on the site, you just are not able to reply to them or make new threads until these requirements have been met.

Thanks for your patience and glad to have you here at 3WW!
    Woot, tricky though when you need technical help fast and existing threads dont exist.

--
    I'm a new user to your site - is it possible to get questions regarding my 1985 Big Red answered here, or does the 2 month wait for a newbie mean their questions won't be seen by the all the members?

--
    Anybody out there know any good exhaust mods for an 85 big red. Also how easy is it to bypass the key barrel and still have the lights and stuff work? It's gonna be my winter project

--
    I'm new to this website and need help getting my wheelers running strong again but can't navigate this site barely. Any help is appreciated!!
    Please message me on here
    Last edited by GageWallin; 11-16-2017 at 02:27 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcardtoo View Post
    I'm a new user to your site - is it possible to get questions regarding my 1985 Big Red answered here, or does the 2 month wait for a newbie mean their questions won't be seen by the all the members?
    I'm also wondering the same thing.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by GageWallin View Post
    I'm also wondering the same thing.
    If you post your question in 'New Member Discussion', the rest of us will see it and someone can help you.

You are encouraged to ask as many questions as you like starting right now. Just please start a new thread and there's a greater chance that someone familiar with your specific machine will see the post and answer you.

If you need parts, you can post a 'want to buy' thread (post) in new member discussion and it will be seen by everyone on the site as well so chances are you'll get a response on that fairly quickly too.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--

New guy....

So were do I start posting my 10 post guys ? ..work with me haven't been on a Forum in a long time , been mostly Facebook etc.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //