//ArrowChat Code
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: How to gain posting access to the rest of the site.

--
    Does anyone have a contact for a planting company.

--
    Hi all, I have been lurking on here for quite sometime. I picked up the trike bug about a year and a half ago.

These machines are like my children now. I can't believe that something like a 3 wheeler could be so awesome.

I rebuilt my custom winter camo 83 200 last winter, this will be the first winter ill be able to "ride the river" with a group of 3wheeler enthusiasts.

RIDE RED OR DIE

--
    I joined to ask a question about my 185S ignition but I think I will have figured it out and fixed it myself in 2 months. This seems like a great site I guess I can make 9 more posts about the weather or something but that dosent make much sense,

--
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipB View Post
    I joined to ask a question about my 185S ignition but I think I will have figured it out and fixed it myself in 2 months. This seems like a great site I guess I can make 9 more posts about the weather or something but that dosent make much sense,
    Just start a new thread and describe your issue, quite a few people check both new member and old member sections. Also don't forget to post what year your 185S is, sometimes there's different specs or changes year to year. This section is pretty much a generic talk about anything for new members, atleast how I see it.

--
    So is it 10 posts 2 months or both?

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    According to the requirements listed in the first post....
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby barney View Post
    So is it 10 posts 2 months or both?
    It's an "and" requirement from what I've seen, so 10 posts + 2 months. I've seen a lot of old users with under 10 posts not able to post in the main areas.

--
    Think I have 11 posts now lol when do I get to see/use the classifieds!?!?

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

How to gain posting access to the rest of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by twomanytoys View Post
    Think I have 11 posts now lol when do I get to see/use the classifieds!?!?
    To know there's a lot to think about, I know it's wicked confusing and misleading and there's a lot of math involved.

Basically, get a calculator. Ask your calculator "Calculator, have I reached the ten minimum post count of this forum?" See what it says, if it says anything.

Then ask the calculator, "Calculator, have I been a member of this forum for two months?" See what it says to that, once again, if it says anything.

If it doesn't reply to either question, then you'll have to continue to wait until it tells you it's OK. Usually it's two months and ten posts, but we've actually put a restriction on your account so your probationary period is longer. It's all up to the calculator now.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    It is very tricky math...

Been a (lurking) member since 2011. I have more than 10 posts. Perhaps I just need to wait for approval....

--
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! That's a lot of math! I'm going to handle that equation one step at a time and if I can figure anything out I'll let you know.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! That's a lot of math! I'm going to handle that equation one step at a time and if I can figure anything out I'll let you know.
    Dont strain anything! LOL I am in!!!!

--
    Good to hear! Woot!!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Since we are on the topic of becoming a "full" member, another side effect is once you meet the requirements, it can take up to like a day for the server to run an update to update your status to a full member. It's not an instant thing.

Also yea that math is a bit hard. I come from a programming background, so the problem looks more like:

if($member['posts'] >= 10 && $member['daysMemberFor'] >= 60){ // 10 posts AND 2 months)
    $member++;
    }

However there's a fair chance someone could read the first post and get the wrong logic applied like this:

if($member['posts'] >= 10 || $member['daysMemberFor'] >= 60){ // 10 posts OR 2 months
    $member++;
    }

If you know C/Java then you can follow along, other wise it's just jumbled text for you =). Well I guess really it's more PHP because of the $ vars, I've done too much programming, can't even keep the langs straight.

--
    I am new to this, how do i post a posting for help with my new three wheeler project?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //