//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How to gain posting access to the rest of the site.

Billy Golightly is online now Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries

How to gain posting access to the rest of the site.

EDIT 6-9-2019: The below is now deprecated and no longer in affect - all new members will now have access to all open areas of 3WW with the exception of the classifieds areas, which will still require the same criteria mentioned below. Everything else should function as expected, if you're unable to post in or reply to threads in other open areas of the site, please PM me and let me know?

In an effort to help new members familiarize themselves with the site and some of our habits here we've introduced a trial period for new registrations. During this trial period you'll be limited to this forum, the Introduction forum, and also Site/Feedback section if your having problems. Veteran members will be available to help answer questions, and you'll still be able to search and read in other portions of the site but you will be limited to posting in these areas only. Full access to post in the rest of the site is of course still 100% free. We only ask now that you spend some time in these areas first and learn more about the site first before we turn you completely loose. Those requirements are:

• A registration time of 2 months or more.
    • At least 10 total posts on the forum. If you had existing posts before this was implemented, they will count towards your total. If you are new, then you'll need a total of 10 posts in the three above mentioned area before your given access to post elsewhere.

Again, you are still available to read all of the other existing threads and posts on the site, you just are not able to reply to them or make new threads until these requirements have been met.

Thanks for your patience and glad to have you here at 3WW!
    Last edited by Billy Golightly; 06-11-2019 at 08:41 PM.

jdowd123 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    What happened to the classifieds section I dont see anymore

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I would just like to add, the two month waiting period is well worth the wait. This is the place to be for all things trike.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jdowd123 View Post
    What happened to the classifieds section I dont see anymore
    I think that may be part of what they are talking about. I've been trolling this site for all the great info for a few months now, probably spent 30 hours on the forum alone,finally decided to join, and now stuff disapeared. I like the idea of a minimum post count to see certain area(lots of forums have this), but 2 months to be able to access the classifieds?

Is there anyway around this? Maybe a donation through paypal to help keep the forum running...That way you can weed out spammers, but let legitimate enthusiasts get access without the wait?

I mean I'm not here to try and sell stuff, but it would be nice to be able to buy some tires and odd ball stuff for my big red, or offer up the 2 us90 trikes I'm thinking of parting out. Or at the very least kinda get an idea of what the one piece balloon tires are worth.

Anyways, thats how i see it from the "noobs" point of view.

--
    <<What happened to the classifieds section I dont see anymore>>
    Yeah, I've spent the last 2 hrs trying to find out what the deal is. And I can't even reply directly to a post, I have to go to the bottom
    and "reply to thread"

I used to go through the classified for parts for my SX and YTM but guess I'm stuck with evilbay.

--
    Just noticed the classified is gone also or HIDDEN from new members. I too was looking to have a browse through plus I had a wanted add in there for 250ES bits but managed to find some NOS bits and was going to update the add and share some pics.

Pity

Billy Golightly is online now Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    One of the contributing factors of this change has been because of increased abuse of the classifieds. Part of this change is to "make sure they are legit" before people get classified access, and to also establish a pattern by requiring 10 posts.

--
    I have over 10 posts but still cant see the classified or reply to some stuff.

--
    hmm, maybe thats why the classifieds are gone for me. What if I can have another member vouch for me?

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    I have over 10 posts but still cant see the classified or reply to some stuff.
    You also need to be registered for 2 months. We have had scammers and spammers post 10+ threads in a day. The 2 month and 10 posting New member rule will help cut down or eliminate this.

--
    Isnt this just going to mean a lot more rubbish posts just to get the ten. Ive spent 2-3 hours a night on here but never needed to post, now I do.

--
    Now if I am a scammer looking to make money off some poor innocent buyer or seller do you really think 2 months is gonna deter this activity? Most scammers can be spotted by anybody over the age of 12 from a mile away. On other forums that I am a member of the scammer usually ends up being a veteran member that is going through a hard time ie. loss of job, divorce, foreclosure, bankruptcy etc. and chooses to scam other members and just disappear. This is the internet people. Although a few of the members here have probably met face to face before most probably have not. If it smells like a scam it probably is, just run the other way. Also always receive payment through paypal or by USPS Money Order. Is it really that hard to understand?

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by dixietoolz View Post
    On other forums that I am a member of
    Sounds like a great place. You should probably go back there.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I think I will just hang around here for awhile but thanks anyway.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantsly View Post
    Isnt this just going to mean a lot more rubbish posts just to get the ten. Ive spent 2-3 hours a night on here but never needed to post, now I do.
    I fully agree with you, more bs posts and those who have been members for a while and don't like to clutter up the board now have to post just to be able to post elsewhere where they might actually be able to contribute.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //