//ArrowChat Code

View Poll Results: Do you think this chane is a good thing to do?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 57.14%
  • No

6 42.86%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: starting a another thread so us newbe's will have a place to post at least

--

Thumbs down starting a another thread so us newbe's will have a place to post at least

Going by what we are "allowed" to post in, this might take A long time. I'm even considering that if I can't be a part of the forum then why bother, but I'll probably stay, if I don't get the boot for this, LOL, others may not.
    I came here to learn & impart some knowledge if I'm able to & if it fits & to learn more about Big red's as thats what I own and yes I have been reading & learning. So now I can post 7 more post then wait <<<Place jeopardy music here>>> for the balance of my 2 months of probation to end. Yup, thats going to make me a better poster & feel welcome. And while I'm waiting I suppose I can keep my fingers crossed that a "Full Fledged" member will happen to wonder
    in here and be kind enough to bestow their wisdom on us mere newbies.

Is it just me or does this seem unfair to others?
    Billy Golightly now I can see why you couldn't answer my emails that I sent you, last one a few days ago asking you to fix my registering problems, but you were too busy setting this up I guess.

So fellow newbies, pick a topic from below & this one if you want & post away....then wait.

Please don't forget to vote in the pole.

Last edited by trucker101; 10-30-2011 at 01:01 AM. Reason: because i still can

Stonewall is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Wow this deal is new! Looks like another case of dumbasses screwing things up for the people who actully care... (Kinda like the Consent Decree hmmm?) Hey Billy, isn't 2 Months a little harsh? I came here in July, but I have been a member of another vBulletin forum for several years.
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1985 Honda ATC 250 ES Big Red
    1986 Honda ATC 250 ES Big Red
    2008 Honda Rancher 420
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 6x6 - Fire Breathing 627cc V-Twin Monster
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 LT
    1983 GMC K10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Liter Diesel

My Feedback:http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-Stonewall

There is no Z in Diesel!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Wow this deal is new! Looks like another case of dumbasses screwing things up for the people who actully care... (Kinda like the Consent Decree hmmm?) Hey Billy, isn't 2 Months a little harsh? I came here in July, but I have been a member of another vBulletin forum for several years.
    Yeah at least I got too talk to you before I was Goverened.

--
    I am 41 years old, a member of probably 12 different discussion/forums under the same user name (Dixietoolz) and this is the strictest I have ever seen. I understand the need for some restrictions to prevent spammers but this may be a little too much. Was hoping to pick up some good deals from other members in the classifieds but as of today I guess I dont have permission. My Ebay username is the same and I have 100% feedback . Oh well I guess is just a waiting game.

--
    Oh yeah posting is really not my thing. I dont like to ask questions that have already been asked. The search feature is your friend. lol

--
    Do your ten posts, be here two months, and then there are no issues. You may want to edit your poll for spelling errors.
    Keep on Triking!!!! "I am the NIGHT RIDER!!!"

RIP Ninja!

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-thestud25

Trike Fest 2011, 2012 Vet!
    Founding member of the Haspin 6ft Bats Club!!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    86 Kawasak KLT110. All documentation, bought from original owner.
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    What's a chane?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    This does not affect any of you at all. You still have access to the same information that everyone else does, you just can't post... I don't see the point in complaining about it.
    I for one am happy for these changes, might cut down on repeat threads on the same topic by the new members. The search feature is there for a reason guys!

There will be many " full fledged? " members in here to answer any of your questions you may have...

Trust me, once you have been here a while, you will be glad about this new change.
    1985 Honda 250r x2
    1986 Honda 250r
    1986 Honda 250sx
    1985 Honda 250sx x2
    1985 Honda 350x x2
    1986 Honda 350x
    1984 Honda 125m x4
    1983 Honda atc 70 w/ Lifan 125
    1984 Honda atc 70
    Yamaha tri zinger
    Yamaha 4 zinger
    Brap braaaap

http://www.youtube.com/user/3wheelsoffroad

Stonewall is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If new people can't post outside this section, can they send PMs?
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1985 Honda ATC 250 ES Big Red
    1986 Honda ATC 250 ES Big Red
    2008 Honda Rancher 420
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 6x6 - Fire Breathing 627cc V-Twin Monster
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 LT
    1983 GMC K10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Liter Diesel

My Feedback:http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-Stonewall

There is no Z in Diesel!!!

--
    Yes it does affect us. We can't view the classifieds section, which in turn affects any of you veteran posters who might be trying to sell anything because the classifieds are what probably brought a lot of people in out of curiosity, me included.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    If new people can't post outside this section, can they send PMs?
    Yes, they can.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy78 View Post
    Yes it does affect us. We can't view the classifieds section, which in turn affects any of you veteran posters who might be trying to sell anything because the classifieds are what probably brought a lot of people in out of curiosity, me included.
    And unfortunately the behaivor in the classifieds has been a contributing factor to this. A lot of people show up on the site just to sell stuff and never contribute any meaningful information. OR target veteran members and scam them out of parts and money. Its gotten worse since the economy tanked. This is not an effort to eliminate new membership and keep this a "cool kids club" (I could have just turned registrations off completely if that was my goal, trust me). The genuine interest and goal here is to promote higher quality memberships that understand the contributions made by everyone as far as information and advice, and are more accepting and thankful for what they do get, and to initiate a mentorship type environment between new and old members. I see several regular members already posting in here to help out new people. This is my intent...and I believe it'll end up working well. If it doesn't, I can scrap the whole system.

I've certainly been wrong before

Matrix is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I was a fully fledged member of this site long ago but moved computers and forgotten my name and password, I do think the 2 months might actually deturr (?) some new members (I second guessed it) but the ones who stay only make the site that much better. I do not have much to contribute because of my limited knowledge but when I have, I couldn't, but its okay, other people have said what I have and I'll just wait my time and by that time ill have loads to post.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thestud25 View Post
    Do your ten posts, be here two months, and then there are no issues. You may want to edit your poll for spelling errors.
    I would if I could. I'm not to sure I can twiddle my thumbs for 2 months. Sending PM's to ask somebody how they did something or got something or why they did something defeats the whole purpose of having a open forum.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    And unfortunately the behaivor in the classifieds has been a contributing factor to this. A lot of people show up on the site just to sell stuff and never contribute any meaningful information. OR target veteran members and scam them out of parts and money. Its gotten worse since the economy tanked. This is not an effort to eliminate new membership and keep this a "cool kids club" (I could have just turned registrations off completely if that was my goal, trust me). The genuine interest and goal here is to promote higher quality memberships that understand the contributions made by everyone as far as information and advice, and are more accepting and thankful for what they do get, and to initiate a mentorship type environment between new and old members. I see several regular members already posting in here to help out new people. This is my intent...and I believe it'll end up working well. If it doesn't, I can scrap the whole system.

I've certainly been wrong before
    "OR target veteran members and scam them out of parts and money" So us newbies are being restricted because somebody falls for scams?
    Can I have their name please, I have $100 million setting in a bank in Saudi Arabia that I'll give them 10% of if they send me $10000 so I can pay someone to get it out.

I'm sorry I didn't know you had to babysit some members AND run the forum.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //