//ArrowChat Code

Thread: What year is my sled? Where can i find an online manual ?

matt86200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

What year is my sled? Where can i find an online manual ?

Hey guys i pick up this sled a few days ago for $50. I am trying to get the ole girl running again, all i know is that it is a yamaha excel v with a ec540 fan cooled motor in it. What year is it? Where could i find a downloadable wiring diagram or manual for this sled. Any help or tips are greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0112.jpg   IMG_0114.jpg   IMG_0116.jpg  
    85 250sx
    86 300es in the making
    86 200x
    86 350x

--

Xfile is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    judging from the design of the seat back I would say it's a 1981. The SR-V also used the 540CC fan engine and parts for them have always seemed plentiful to me.
    Don't worry...just run watcha brung...

--
    84-6 my guess. Clean the tank,and carb,new plugs. Clean and lube the clutches,,probably have too take the primary apart. Oil,adjust chain,track,general go over,and you have a very nice sled there! Buy a battery!! They're worth it!
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Had the same sled last year. Very reliable. Check your teather for corroded wires, mine did that. Shes a gas guzzler though. Haha enjoy!
    Lots of Tri Moto parts for sale!

Motorious is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Try here for your manual, you may get lucky:http://www.snowmobileforum.com/ski-d...7-manuals.html

Nice buy!
    Current trikes owned:

1985 Yamaha Tri-Z 250...fully restored

1985 Honda 250 SX...nice survivor original condition

--
    Nice buy for $50. I would think you would be able to find a VIN on it. They started appearing in the current 17 digit format in 1980

Rob

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //