//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Crated ATC 250R (round 2)

torque is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    i watched the sale end crazy. i hope the new owner treats her well.

--
    Wow,think this was a let down.It hit $44,000 last time.

--
    Thanks so much you guys!

curl up with those beautiful kids of yours,and realize what's Most important!!
    Excellent idea! I can even keep my personal integrity! Feels real good...
    Obviously, wished for more, but am thrilled to have crossed the profit threshold.
    I've already spoken with the buyer and the delivery may be as soon as tomorrow... WOW!
    I'll see what he's comfortable with sharing and let him decide what's to be posted. Not sure if he's a member, as he said he's not that computer savvy. A real nice enthusiast, with a growing collection of machines.

--
    @#$% economy wish you'd of gotten more man that thing is priceless. Hope it helps you out with your problems, best of luck.
    Life is better on 3 wheels
    1984 200es big red
    1976 suzuki rm125
    1983 honda 250r (minty fresh) SOLD
    1986 honda 350x (A PILE....for now)
    197? honda 90 (pauter framed little beast in the making)

--
    Andy, look at it this way. You owned it, you brought it back into the limelight so that it could be appreciated once again for what it truely is. Other than what it has done the past year or so, what could you really do with it other than sit back and look at it?

Your a working stiff just like the rest of us and share the same rabid enthusiasm about these things as we all do. If you were filthy rich and money was no object there would be no need to sell it, but the welfare of your family comes first and I'm sure this sale just opened up a lot of avenues that were closed due to this bike sitting on the shelf.

Sit back and relish the fact that you had it, you enjoyed it, and were always glad to share it with the rest of us.

I am willing to bet once the dust settles and the Mrs. is happy that the money is now free'd up, and you can start back on your world class restoration on the bikes you have in your stable, it will probably feel like a million pounds has been lifted off your shoulders. No more worries!

Bryan

--
    Not a bad price Andy , I know you hate to see it go. I believe there must be more machines out there still in the original crates. I've heard stories of a closed honda shop during the Banned era with a warehouse of crated Rs and Xs,may or may not be true but there is a thread on that subject somewhere. There is a chance that someone has a crated ATC but is not computer savy and we would never know about it . You have the only crated R in the world that we know of and prob the only one but Im optimistic. Hope to see another pop up!!! I want to THANK YOU for all the pictures and the the information you have shared with all of us.

--
    Guys, it's been a heck of an up and down adventure. You are all correct in the fact that is going to be missed, but has been an unforgettable thrill. I'll SLOWLY be picking at other projects as you've suggested. Haven't touched the Mugen trike from Kansas yet, and a couple other TRX Rs await. But I'm going to pull WAY back on this stuff, in hopes of keeping what's left, long term. Yes, it's very true if money wasn't an issue this vanity item would be cool just to keep.
    The buyer is a blast to visit with. Planning on a few beers and just BS'n for a while. From what I've gathered he's not a member of any of the various ATV forums, but I'll see if I can't get him to pop in. Rather he tell the story now.
    Anyway, thanks again for all the really nice comments. You guys are the very best!
    -Andy
    Last edited by Buster Brown; 11-21-2011 at 02:17 AM.

--
    Congrats Andy..... glad you made a profit......
    Need Honda ATC TRX NOS restoration parts??? or come check out our ATC brochure site
    www.offroadvintage.com

Big Mike is offline Part time collector of phallic shaped objects. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I heard a rumor that it is to be assembled and displayed in a private Muesum, is there any validty to this rumor? I was hoping to see it stay in the crate for eternity!
    Currently Own:
    1985 ATC 250sx
    1986 ATC 350x
    1986 Polaris Scrambler 250R/ES (P3)

Projects/Parts machines:
    1980 ATC 185S

My Feedback Thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/124667-Feedback-for-Big-Mike?highlight=Feedback+for+Big+Mike

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    I heard a rumor that it is to be assembled and displayed in a private Muesum, is there any validty to this rumor? I was hoping to see it stay in the crate for eternity!
    I'm not sure I understand the mentality of keeping it in the crate; until it's assembled, it's just a pile of parts. In plastic bags. In a beat-up shipping crate. You can't even tell what it is, looking at it. At least if it was assembled you could have the enjoyment of looking at a beautiful machine that no one's ever even thrown a leg over. The state that it's in now was never intended; it was just to get it from point A to point B. I realize that it may be the only one in this state, but it's a condition that seems to be without any aesthetic or functional value of any kind. Just my opinion...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFurious View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the mentality of keeping it in the crate; until it's assembled, it's just a pile of parts. In plastic bags. In a beat-up shipping crate. You can't even tell what it is, looking at it. At least if it was assembled you could have the enjoyment of looking at a beautiful machine that no one's ever even thrown a leg over. The state that it's in now was never intended; it was just to get it from point A to point B. I realize that it may be the only one in this state, but it's a condition that seems to be without any aesthetic or functional value of any kind. Just my opinion...
    I see your point and to an extent agree with you, but do you think that an assembled "0" hour bike still sells for 30G's. Its just another bike after that.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    So rumors are just that.......pics or it did not happen right?

Leave it in the Crate. You want a nice clean low hour machine, they are out there for about $25K less. I believe you will "most" likely never see one in this condition ever again. Not like Honda dealers in the 80's felt it was good for business not to assemble these to make room for new inventory.

--
    I see this one will never die...LOL
    The new owner, Scott may have a bit of notoriety out at Glammis. He's the "ELMO" Banshee rider seen in a couple You Tube videos and pictured getting busted by the dune cops. He gave his word he had no plans to assemble it. He's got I think eleven '85-'86 ATC 250Rs (7 pictured).
    As for the point of keeping it "as is" in the crate.... I struggled with that too. I would of never assemble it, but it did wear on me as to not being much to look at. It was a rather big investment for the eye candy of a cardboard box. Don't get me wrong that thing was WAY COOL, but building a display case wasn't in the cards for me either. What, ?? ya want to look at the old wrappers and stuff?? IDK, to detail and clean it up for a acrylic glass display would require altering the untouched aspect too much for me. To remove the wrappers and stuff would take away from it's original form. For me a 100% fresh restoration build will better suite my "catch your breath" needs. Here video for a closer look. Scott isn't a computer guy or blogger, so I don't think it will be seen again for quite a while. Like to see him pop in here, but I doubt it will happen. Sorry for my poor skills (& poor camera) with the videos.

ScottsARC250Rs.jpg

ELMOwheelie.jpg

GLAMISFEB07ELMOstoped.jpg

ELMOdemasked.jpg
    Last edited by Buster Brown; 12-10-2011 at 10:22 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    I see your point and to an extent agree with you, but do you think that an assembled "0" hour bike still sells for 30G's. Its just another bike after that.
    I think it still retains it's singular status, in that it's probably the only one that's never been fired or sat on, if you put it in a display case. And your sig is fantastic!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //