//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1985 Yamaha 225DX

--

1985 Yamaha 225DX

Hi there. I have a beat up 225DX I am trying to bring back to life. When I got it all the hoses were off the carb. After giving it a good cleaning, painting the plastics, and replacing the seat and other missing parts, I put her back together, but am now trying to hook up the lines. There are 2 "ports" on the top side of the carb. I believe the larger one is to the gas tank. Any ideas where the other hose connects to from the carb???Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carb.jpg 
Views:	815 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	135287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3904.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	266.9 KB 
ID:	135288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4239.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	265.6 KB 
ID:	135289
    Last edited by pokienoze; 11-13-2011 at 04:02 PM.

--
    The hose from the smaller one runs up the frame, under the tank, it doesn't connect to anything (vent).
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachm...1&d=1294963221

--
    Thanks for the info! So when I go to sell this, what is a good asking price?

--
    well when you get it running and have it running tip top, I would say 600$ is a good price however if you have more than that into keep it. You might even think about keeping it after you have ridden it awhile. I tell you what those are one heck of a good wheelie machine

--

gas tank plastic for a 225

Whats up? I've got a three wheeler similair to urs but I dont have any gas tank plastic. Prefferibly black to match mine. I have some sky blue ones ill happly get rid of to someone if thats the color they need.

--

gas tank plastic for a 225

Whats up? I've got a three wheeler similair to urs but I dont have any gas tank plastic. Prefferibly black to match mine. I have some sky blue ones ill happly get rid of to someone if thats the color they need.

Parts Man is offline Check my feedback on 3WW before you buy any thing from me. Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    Great job so far!

--
    Thanks! Another quick question. When I turn the key on, should the lights come on? OR do they come on when it actually starts. Didn't get it started yet but did hook up the wiring. The neutral light comes on when I turn the key on and the electric start works. Also, the negative cable from the battery only goes to the frame correct?

--
    hey pokie, the only light that comes on with the key is the neutral light, and the starter are the only things battery controlled. Everything else works with the motor

--
    Thanks Muthey! Got the electric start working. Have to check for spark. Engine cranks over but doesn't fire. Had replaced wiring, so not sure if something isn't plugged in all the way, or if it isn't getting gas thru the carb (which I did tear down and cleaned good). Have to check it out more. Any suggestions? Has good compression. I have the battery negative wire bolted to the frame. Is this correct?

--
    check for spark, 225's have an issue with a wire from starter to cdi that goes bad eventually which prevents electric start. There is a starter jet in the bowl of the carb that could be plugged as well check out the free manual in the world class help section, or here http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/ you can down load these ones as well. I would also if you haven't done so replace the spark plug with a new NGK d7ea. Also if there is enough wire left trim 1/4" from where the coil wire connects to the spark plug cap. check the stator wires where they come out of the motor. Once you narrow these down, we can analyze other options from there

--
    Ok great! Thanks a lot for your help! I will let you know how it goes!

--
    ok feel free to pm me if you need to as well I am on here sporadically throughout the day

--
    3 wheelwonder- Did you try on ebay?
    1987 Honda 250SX
    1985 Yamaha 225DX
    1988 Honda TRX250X
    1992 Honda Recon

--
    Okay! We got the 225DX running this weekend and did some riding with it. Would love to keep it but we have enough 3 and 4 wheelers, so I am going to sell it. Listed it on craigslist today! Located near Catskill NY so if anyone is interested, let me know!
    1987 Honda 250SX
    1985 Yamaha 225DX
    1988 Honda TRX250X
    1992 Honda Recon

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //