//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tri-FZ450

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    yfz's have a very close ratio 5 speed and to get it to run 110mph,,,,, well i think you would need a push truck because 1st would be so high!!!

my yfz has a 190 main and a 52 pilot @1000' elevation, stock pipe and aircleaner with athena 478 kit.

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    To run 110 mph you would have to have that thing in the back of a truck!

--
    Wait a second. Florence? I'm from Lexington. Cool! I might have to stop by and check out this build some time.

Some of these older members will remember my 85 200X with an 06 CRF450 engine in it........
    This is my trike. There are many like it but this one is mine. My trike is my best friend, and it is my life. I must master it as I must master myself. My trike without me is useless. Without my trike, I am useless. I must ride my trike true. My trike and I know that what counts is not the amount of miles we ride, but the time we ride together. My trike is human in it's own ways, therefore I will learn it as my brother. I will learn it's weaknesses, it's strengths, it's parts, and it's soul.

--
    The case will not clear a front sprocket large enough to pull the ratio to make those speeds possible.. Why on earth would you run stock pipe and box and a big bore kit? that is like wipping before you .. If you were to go to a smaller main jet, larger pilot with a different needle, combined with a larger diameter head pipe you could get a more smooth power curve, with less heat build up... we ran a few dyno tests a year or so ago to find some differences that is what we come up with..

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Why on earth would you run stock pipe and box and a big bore kit? that is like wipping before you.......
    thats the way i roll.. the pipe has been modified to work just fine ,, i added a +12 oz flywheel and it really made a big difference in midrange torque,, not to many people keep up with me the way it is ,, so why listen to a LOUD pipe allday if you don't need to???

--
    no not really this is one of my friends from high school and he is a genious on this stuff he has an 87 toyota truck with a home built race engine it was a 350 but now who knows maybe close to 383 stroker it has aluminum heads powerglide lakepipes and under the hood it looks factory clean no wires nothing and he did it all himself and i mean all of it i though he was crazy but its been his daily driver for 3 years, hell in high school he had a green go cart he welded himself and designed himself with an 8 hp block that he put a piston from a 24hp riding mower in and it would go about hell 160 170 it ran a sh*t load quicker a 660 raptor that was built out the ass to 737cc though my friend lynn wouldnt have admitted it you should have seen his hair or his red eyes and white lips after he rode it and a mustang and MANY police he's genious on friction reduction and gear ratio he built it belt drive w/no cluch just a pedal actuated pully to tighten it like a tiller it idled at 60 and would still smoke tires but on the yfz the front sprocket is as big as it can be 14 16 teeth ? but the ass sprocket isnt much bigger than a large orange or a small grapefruit and it still pulls good in 1st i promise i seen him almost hit a tree from spinning sideways in 2nd the boy is smart like you meet one of these people once in your life if your lucky he started building engines when he was 5 or 6 he grew up basically around a junk yard and his uncles auto body shop but i remember this from school all the haters sorry but hes badass and has no reason to lie to you guys hell go to you tube and type in heavy metal 3 wheeler and listen to my 185s motor he built and watch the tires roost mud
    Last edited by heavy metal185x; 02-10-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy metal185x View Post
    no not really this is one of my friends from high school and he is a genious on this stuff he has an 87 toyota truck with a home built race engine it was a 350 but now who knows maybe close to 383 stroker it has aluminum heads powerglide lakepipes and under the hood it looks factory clean no wires nothing and he did it all himself and i mean all of it i though he was crazy but its been his daily driver for 3 years, hell in high school he had a green go cart he welded himself and designed himself with an 8 hp block that he put a piston from a 24hp riding mower in and it would go about hell 160 170 it ran a sh*t load quicker a 660 raptor that was built out the ass to 737cc though my friend lynn wouldnt have admitted it you should have seen his hair or his red eyes and white lips after he rode it and a mustang and MANY police he's genious on friction reduction and gear ratio he built it belt drive w/no cluch just a pedal actuated pully to tighten it like a tiller it idled at 60 and would still smoke tires but on the yfz the front sprocket is as big as it can be 14 16 teeth ? but the ass sprocket isnt much bigger than a large orange or a small grapefruit and it still pulls good in 1st i promise i seen him almost hit a tree from spinning sideways in 2nd the boy is smart like you meet one of these people once in your life if your lucky he started building engines when he was 5 or 6 he grew up basically around a junk yard and his uncles auto body shop but i remember this from school all the haters sorry but hes badass and has no reason to lie to you guys hell go to you tube and type in heavy metal 3 wheeler and listen to my 185s motor he built and watch the tires roost mud
    This has to be about #2 on the Top Ten lists of "the worst things I have had to read on the internet"..For the love, use some punctuation. It may actually be close to a record for the longest run on sentence ever.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Yeah thats pretty bad allright, I"m not entirely sure if all thats actually meant to be serious or just trying to sound obnoxious...!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by SWRWIZ1 View Post
    I smell something fishy here... this poster is refering to a YFZ450 that does 108-110 mph? I got several crisp 100's that would bet this is not remotely close to correct.. BTW I have Video of 3 YFZ's all modded with a radar gun that do not break 70mph full out top gear on flat sand..

Now with that being said his jetting reference is quite off also, if you have a 450 running that large of main jet you have a severe air leak in you intake tract somewhere and like was mentioned above chances are you are missing your leak jet completely. while most piped, filtered jetted YFZ's run 52 to 55 pilots..

No offense SWRWIZ1, but the reason your bike is so slow is you're to high up in elevation in Oregon. Down here in the south we're closer to sea level. Man, we got gators that can run 60 mph flat footed across land. That's part of the reason our bikes are so fast...the other reason is our wives. lol
    Just-Tri-It

:Trikes Owned:
    1985 Tri-z's 3
    1986 Tri-z
    1984 YTM 200ERN 1

--
    but the ass sprocket isnt much bigger than a large orange or a small grapefruit
    Wtf is an ass sprocket?

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmoney1979 View Post
    Wtf is an ass sprocket?
    I don't know. Maybe it's something to help "get your ass in gear."
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    why use punctuation on a trike site hell im not writing a fabrication resume You guys know what i meant. rear drive sprocket but i prob do sound obnoxoius but all through school people were like this it pisses me off you will see though i will make it a point to put a video on youtube to show it maybe ill ride beside him in the car and show the speed on the dash and the way he is hes gonna be mad at me for posting all of this but i gotta set it all right oh yeah have you guys ever seen anyone do a wheelie then lean onto one tire and hop it like a pogo stick? i really need to tape that my tube channel is heavymetalATC ill try to make the vids this week and post them next friday sorry to be an ass if i was.

--
    Hey, I started this stale thread going good again anyway, if nothing else.<perfect punctuation

4x4van is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    This is all a bunch of _____, IMO. Wait, maybe he means KPH rather than MPH?

--
    why use punctuation on a trike site hell im not writing a fabrication resume You guys know what i meant.
    Because those of us that frequent this site, and read the threads, don't like getting a headache while trying to doing so. If you don't know how to use punctuation, just tell us. We'll understand.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //