//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tri-FZ450

--

Tri-FZ450

I just bought a tri-z rolling chassi the other day and i'm trying to find a front fender and a front brake caliper. I bought the frame so i could do an engine swap with a wfz450. its gona be crazy fast. the four wheeler was running 96mph when i bought it and it had a slight hesitation off idle. ive been tunning on it and it still hesitates off idle but i ran it the other day and it ran roughly at 108-110mph. but im pretty sure ill need a front brake on something this fast.

audioworks04 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    First what is a wfz, is it a yfz? If so your hesitation is probably due to the leak jet in the fcr carb, you can change just the leak jet or buy an adjustable leakjet. Second, you are aware that is is not an easy project right? This is far from a from a drop in project, there is alot of frame mods needed. This has been done before so do some research before you go cutting apart a tri z frame.

2005 CRF450R Alum Frame build done, switching to inverts.
    86 trx250r fmf fatty fmf q k&n v force reeds gold valve rear shock with eibach spring.
    86 atc250r stock sand only
    88 NX250 mint rainy day
    85 kawi js550 stand up basicly stock
    87 kawi js550 scary fast for a stand up

--

Dude not a problem.

lol!!!! dude this is childsplay to me. idk what a leak jet is? i know i changed the main jet from a 170 to a 190 and it has a lot more power and its still not running rich. after i changed the main i had to change the pilot from a 48 to a 55 and that almost eliminated the entire hesitation problem. theres only one small engine backfire after u run out the rpms of 5th gear and let out of the throttle fast. ive been doing a lot of carb tunning and rigth know im waiting on some bigger pilet jets to come in. no offense but ive already mocked up the engine and it will fit in the frame. the only thing im gona cut is the engine guard on the tri-z frame. the reason for that is the engine casing to sqeeze between it. and yes ive devised a way to get to the oil drain. the exaust is gona b so easy to run. the only thing im worried about is the radiator cooling capacity. im welding the two temp sending units into the tri-z radiators and i bought some used electric fans off a junk crouch rocket and there gona fit the radiator quite well. if i dont have big enough radiators ill just tig weld up the frame so i can fill it up with water for more cooling capacity. theres plenty room to make a custom aluminum oil resivor in front of the frame. and i know that i hafta keep the oil resevoir at the correct height or it wont work correctly. and ill make a cool rock deflector for the resevoir im putting the gas tank were the air filter use to go. custom aluminum gas tank of course. im probly gona put a special access point under the gas cap that way i wont hafta pull the gas tank each time i check the plug or change it. all i hafta do is weld a pipe inside the tank with a pipe plug on top and that will solve that problem. i wonder why yamaha didnt think of that on there yfz450. cause its a hassle to pull the tank each time. and im using the factory 450 air box and filter. and im making a battery box under the seat. if i have any problems lineing up the chain ill just put the 450 swing arm under it and yes ive already pulled it and made sure it fits no problem. the only thing i might hafta make thats gona b kinda touchy is the carberator throte angle but u never know it might work perfect. and if i cant find tri-z plastis the 450 plastic fits the frame and its already got a battery box. all i hafta cut on the plastic is under the seat. that way the factory tri-z seat latch will work. and yes the seat is a little off but at first glance it looks bad*** on that frame. all this stuff is easy for me to do cause im a machinist welder and fabricator. and i do a lot of custom auto work. ive been doing stuff like this since i was kid and im 22 now.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Wow. Got any pics?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    yea just gota give me a little while im on my friends computer. so ive gota ask why does it read (i did not design the carb for the atc 250sx)

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Oh, I had just picked up a really nice ATC 250SX. One of the few things it needed was a carb clean. I'm pretty well experienced mechanically and have cleaned hundreds of carbs so I figured "No big deal". Turns out it's not the easiest carb to remove if you've never had one apart. My personal opinion is that it's an awful, awful design. I got it done after I threw a little hissy fit.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...0SX?highlight=
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--

lol thats a good thing to know

ive got a 250 sx and i only paid $300 for it and it runs great and smoke great. i drive the absolute hell out of it. i take off wide open and never check up it is a real trooper. im thinking about rebuilding it or doing a 300ex motor swap. do u know anyone thats done this?

--
    300EX? No way. The SX is shaft drive and the EX is chain. It wouldn't work.

There are guys on here who have swapped in the TRX300 engine though. I don't know where to find the threads on it, but try giving it a search.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--

my bad

Im not too good at remembering four wheeler specs. I usally just see a motor and i try to figure out the size of it and i look at the casing design to see what it will switch out with. And theres usally a small amount of machine work to be done.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    This should be good. Waiting to hear/see more.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

audioworks04 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Right there with you mosh

86 trx250r fmf fatty fmf q k&n v force reeds gold valve rear shock with eibach spring.
    88 NX250 mint rainy day

--
    When I saw the thread title, the first thing I thought of was a 3-wheeled Ford F-450. Not a good mental image, I might add!
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by red rider View Post
    when i saw the thread title, the first thing i thought of was a 3-wheeled ford f-450. Not a good mental image, i might add!
    lmfao!!!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3wheelwonder View Post
    I just bought a tri-z rolling chassi the other day and i'm trying to find a front fender and a front brake caliper. I bought the frame so i could do an engine swap with a wfz450. its gona be crazy fast. the four wheeler was running 96mph when i bought it and it had a slight hesitation off idle. ive been tunning on it and it still hesitates off idle but i ran it the other day and it ran roughly at 108-110mph. but im pretty sure ill need a front brake on something this fast.
    I smell something fishy here... this poster is refering to a YFZ450 that does 108-110 mph? I got several crisp 100's that would bet this is not remotely close to correct.. BTW I have Video of 3 YFZ's all modded with a radar gun that do not break 70mph full out top gear on flat sand..

Now with that being said his jetting reference is quite off also, if you have a 450 running that large of main jet you have a severe air leak in you intake tract somewhere and like was mentioned above chances are you are missing your leak jet completely. while most piped, filtered jetted YFZ's run 52 to 55 pilots..

--
    agreed my built 05 crf450 motor runs a 185 main 48 pilot and will murder a stock yfz and not touch 100mph, 70mph is cooking on 3 or 4 wheels. I am also confused with the sx post in this thread.

88 NX250 mint rainy day

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //