//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 Tecate in porgress

--

85 Tecate in porgress

Here is my 85 tecate. Bike sat for almost 6 years in the California sun. Plastics were shot so the tank and seat have been replaced. New sleeve for top end, stock bore. new rear master cylinder and reservoir. Cleaned/rebuilt carb and runs like a dream. Decided to polish engine while I had it torn down. looks pretty sick polished I think. If the money was there I would have a lot more chrome and new plastic if I could find it. For now it is ride-able and plenty fast.

I've only had the tecate for about 8 years. It is nice to have it back to running condition. I have a 200x I'll post picks of later. I've had the 200x for 20years and rebuilt it in 1999 when I was 18. Still looks good but It needs some chrome, aluminum polished and powder coating, engine is flawless.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kxt 250 2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	252.2 KB 
ID:	136086Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kxt 250.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	136087

--
    Nice kawi, the polished engine looks sweet good work

--
    Looks great.. Good job.. There are plastic sets out there.. I've got white, black, and green.
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Thank for the props. Love to tear her down this winter and do a complete restore but having her run well was more important for the time being.

I've been looking for plastic for almost 6 months now. I did find a new set for $350 a couple months ago but didn't have the funds at the time. I'm looking at buying a nice used front fender for $40 on ebay in a day or so.

Are you selling green plastic? How much $ for the rear. I don't even care if they are new. My gas tank now was bought used with minor fading and scratches. Looks great now after sanding and buffing.

--
    I've got an extra "stitched up" set of green rears (they are a bit Frankensteinish but the green is still decent and they will keep the mud off of you) your a little over an hour from me, and your welcome to borrow them until you come up with a set... or I have a new in the bag set of reds along with a nice polished red tank if your interested in a color change

Rodd
    TRIKE INTERESTS
    A1/A2 TECATE's

BIKE INTERESTS
    ATK, Husqvarna, Maico, Harley Davidson & Yamaha Twins

PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE FOLLOWING STOLEN 3/30/2012

1999 ATK 260LQ ENG# 425681 Red/White/Blue VIN# 4MAV1CC43XA009376 (Its the last one missing out of four the first three were destroyed)

My Feedback

--
    Thanks Rodd. definitely want to stay green and I appreciate the offer for the barrow. now that I polished the engine I try to stay away from the mud. I already have too many hours in the polishing so I don't want to dull it up. Wife thinks I'm crazy for all the polishing but I love it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //