//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hello, my name is Justin

--

Hello, my name is Justin

Hello, my name is Justin and i'm introducing myself. I came here to receive help with my 200 Tri Motor Yamaha 1983 Three Wheeler, the side casing is snapped off where the pull start is and the holes are stripped. Was wondering if I could get a new pull starter and weld it to the casing, it would look better to honestly.

--
    Hello Justin, welcome to 3WW.

I wouldn't weld your starter to the case. I would either drill out and tap the threads the next size larger or helicoil it. If you weld the starter housing on and then something goes wrong with the starter you will be up the creek! Plus, I'm going to take an educated guess that your starter housing is probably steel and your engine case either aluminum or magnesium, which means welding the 2 components together would be impossible.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    I might try and tap it, it's just that it's so thin to the outer case I am afraid i'll make the hole to big and it'll go outside the case.

--
    hey Justin here is an idea instead of getting a new pull start and welding it why not get a new stator case like this one here and fixing it right. http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-Yamaha-20...item53ea291a56 If you managed to weld the pull start to the stator case what would you do if you snapped the rope and had to replace it? We are coming into the time of year where all kinds of trike parts are going up on ebay so I would look on there for the right parts to repair vs doing a quick fix job

--
    Did look on there, really expensive. Might get that case, will it fit a 1983 it looks similar. Also what about the plastic piece inside the metal wraps around, I need that piece as well as mine is broken. I just ordered some rope and a handle as well.

--
    do you mean the gasket?, not sure what you are talking about, but it is way cheaper than buying a new pull start and trying to weld it which is near impossible to do with steel and aluminum. that is for a 200e, which is shaft drive you never specified which 200 you have is it chain driven or shaft, it might make a difference, however there is an influx of parts right now on ebay so there should be a couple of them floating around.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //