//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1985 Honda 200x Review

--

Wink 1985 Honda 200x Review

I just wanted to know some stuff about my 1985 Honda 200x the top end was done ten years ago and it didn't run for eight, awesome condition runs great, doesn't smoke, ect. But i just wanted to know some stuff about them like

Common problems
    Oil measure(the amount you put in the case and what kind i think 10w-40 conventional)
    Review(Good trike or junk)
    Good place to get parts
    The best tires to get(mine has the originals on it and their in good condition when they are worn i will replace them)
    Anything else about the trike.

--
    Common problems= There really are none. They are tanks, very reliable. Look for rtv silicone around the cylinder head. It will clog oil passages and oil starve the motor.
    Oil measure= http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manual...vicemanual.pdf
    Review= Great 3 wheeler, will do almost anything you ask of it, and do it with a grin.. I wish we had never sold ours..
    Good place to get parts= 3ww, ebay.com, craigslist, service Honda, bike bandit
    The best tires to get= It really depends on what you will use it for..

A 2003 CR85 front caliper will bolt onto the 200X rear caliper mount. They are cheap and plentiful on Ebay. The 85-86 250r front fender is a bolt on to the 83-85 200x and looks 100% better. If you have the infamous 200x gap at the front of the seat you can put heat on the bend of seat pan to make it lay flush with the tank. Bassani makes the best exhaust and they are hard to find.
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    I never owned a 200x, but i never head a bad thing about them. For parts, ebay has a ton of parts for the R. I would think they would have a good amount for the X. As far as tires, the holeshots and razrs in 20in. tall seam to be very popular.

--
    Thanks for the info guys, i'm so excited about my Machine. The only other question is whats the best oil to use and whats the oil weight and how much oil?

--
    oh just realized you posted the link about the oil, i'm sorry.

--
    I have 2 now and had one when they were new.

Common problems:
    - sometimes they have problems with the kick start mechanism
    - general neglect because Honda sold bajillions of them and they're close to 30 year old toys
    Oil measure(the amount you put in the case and what kind i think 10w-40 conventional) - 1qt of just about any motorcycle or ATV specific oil will be fine
    Review(Good trike or junk) - GREAT trike
    Good place to get parts - forums and eBay used, I like BikeBandit for new
    The best tires to get(mine has the originals on it and their in good condition when they are worn i will replace them) - whatever is already on there and paid for although I did buy some cheap paddles for the sand
    Anything else about the trike - spend a weekend tearing it apart and greasing everything that's supposed to move or come apart and it will love you long time. Some key areas are: both axles, swingarm pivot, axle hubs (wheel and rotor), control pivots, brake caliper pins

Have fun!

--
    Oooh good one about the kickstart mechanism.. Honda actually sold a retrofit kit to fix the skipping kickers.. (upgraded gears and spring) Someone on the site had a thread about fixing the gears. The Honda kits are long gone, except for when Shortline10 manages to sell a few..
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Also the stock tires in the spec sheet says 22x11x8 if I want to run a different tire what are the options i could get, i don't really understand the measurements i just want to run a better tire like maxxis razr's or something but they don't make them in 22x11x8 so can i run with different measurements, what fits the stock rims, and is good to ride on?

--
    As the size goes 22x11x8 the 22 is your height, 11 is your width, and 8 is your wheel size. Taller the back tire more top speed and smaller more low end.
    Life is hard. Life is even harder when your stupid (John Wayne)

--
    If i have an after market exhaust(full cobra system)with just a 115 jet in it to even out the fuel air mixture(i know its not enough), a moose racing air filter, and a high compression piston,(those are all the mods i think) if i buy the stock exhaust and stock air filter for it and the stock jets and put it on will it be fine with the high compression piston set up? or does it need the better flow and the higher jets? I don't like it so loud and i'm afraid of too much of a loss of back pressure and risk of it overheating from the exhaust, or should i buy the jetting for the exhaust and leave it?

jsmay is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    i like 18" rears... but they can cause you a few headaches if you strickly trail ride. I love my x though...
    200x race parts needed

--
    Occasionally the frame will break or crack near the top motor mount on the front down tube. Just watch for the crack to start if you teach your trike to jump like in post #2 above.

--
    they are bullet proof, great handling and very agile

rodeofan5656 is offline Girlfriend wishes I'd last longer than 8 seconds Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig B. View Post
    I never owned a 200x, but i never head a bad thing about them. For parts, ebay has a ton of parts for the R. I would think they would have a good amount for the X. As far as tires, the holeshots and razrs in 20in. tall seam to be very popular.
    im not sure about the 83-85 X's, but i know theres not very much for the '86 on eBay. it really sucks havin to spend alot on OEM parts and not havin a good selection of aftermarket parts. but the good thing is that its a Honda and you rarely have to replace stuff as long as you take care of it

1986 Honda ATC200X
    2005 Yamaha Road Star 1700
    ToyHauler- 1998 Ram 3500 5.9L Turbo Diesel

200xman123 is offline Quote: "sorry im not the sharpest tool in the shed" Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    i have a 85 200x and im mising the pulser coil? weres the cheepest place to get one

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //