//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha 200 worth it?

--
    Yeah, im trying to be patient, but really want to just go get one so my hunt can be over. Got a question, if I got the honda I was planning on putting some stop smoke stuff in it first to see if it would fix the problem. What are the chances ofhis working, or is that just a bad idea? Also how long would it last not touching it and just driving it smoking. This probably won't be the case for me, just wondering.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    It might prolong the limping, but it isn't going to fix anything. There is no replacement for required maintenance.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    without truly repairing it even with stop smoke I wouldn't give it very long to live you would run the chance of washing out the cylinder and piston. Then if it locks up you could be looking at needing almost a whole new motor. I guess I should go back and reread post sometimes lol I had it stuck in my head that he wanted 150$ for it even 175 is not bad with an extra motor. If you do go get it I would order two complete gasket kits on ebay, one for each motor. The only true way to know if the 185 motor is any good, without wasting time pulling the old and installing the new is to take it open. In the end the choice is yours I am just glad that you are listening to the advice we are giving you and actually thinking, alot of new members let it go in one ear and out the other

--
    Yeah, i really appreciate all of the input i have been receiving on this thread. This forum is top notch compared to some others I have been apart of. The good thing about the extra motor is that it is already tore apart. That makes it easy to replace all the gaskets on it if need be. Its a tough choice, and im still holding off for a little bit to see if anything else pops up. The owner doesn't seem to be in any rush, so it always could be a backup option if something else were to pop up. I will continue to keep you guys updated. Thanks again.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I swear I'm not doing this to rub it in your face. I want to show you what patience can sometimes get you. Now this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, but it happens. The only reason I knew the seller had trikes is because he either saw one of my bikes or a Trikefest shirt or something. He's in his 70's and trikes would be the last thing I would have thought of talking with him about had he not brought it up.

I got the SX and the S both for $500 and I hooked a guy up with the Big Red as well. He didn't pay much, but I don't know if he wants me to disclose the price. I didn't take any money in the deal, I just ended up with a killer deal on the SX and I helped out two other trikers.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...stolen-in-Mass!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Wow yeah you scored on those two for sure! I actually missed out on a great deal on a 250sx a week ago. If I would of knew what it really was I would of went and snagged it. I have decided to not go get the honda. It just needed too much work. Ive decided to wait a bit and save up a little more money. Why pay around 200 for one that needs work when I can find a good running one for around 500? Thought it through more and am just going to keep looking daily and wait for that one killer deal.

--
    I just wanted to add that I found an 84 200e in decent shape for $500 a couple of weeks ago. I know it wasn' the deal of the decade but pretty fair deal. I don't have a lot of time to wrench so I paid for one that only needed the normal maint. stuff.

--
    Found a suzuki 185 three wheeler for sale thats very close to where I live. Guy is asking 300, but sounds like hes willing to take less. Runs good, plastics are good, just needs a sprocket. How are the suzuki trikes? Worth going to take a look at, or hold out for a honda or yami?

--
    the truth is they are very uncommon, and really hard to get parts for, but at that price or even less it is a steal

--
    The Zuki is fairly rare. I personally am a Suzuki hater, but the ALT 125/185 I am a big fan of. They seem to run good and are just generally fun.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I might go take a look at it today. Talked him down to 275. I probably won't buy it today, but will update you guys on its condition if I go look at it.

--
    Here are some pictures of the suzuki that the owner sent me. What do you guys think? Worth going to look at, or a pass? It looks "okay" to me, just not sure if its worth the $275 the owner is asking. Then again, you guys know more about this stuff than I do, so your opinion is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zuki 1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	258.2 KB 
ID:	138278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zuki 2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	138279  

--
    Hmmm, she's a little rough. $200-$250 might not be too bad of a deal. You have to take into consideration that the Zuki's are fairly rare. Those faded plastics may or may not clear up from a nice wet-sanding. (Look it up)
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I offered him 200 cash and he said he couldn't go any lower than 275. I decided to pass. I think a better one will come along sooner or later. Until then, I got my 73 kawasaki enduro to finish up. I'll get checking local ads daily and let you know if anything else comes up locally. Thanks for the help!

--
    So found a kawasaki three wheeler now. Owner wants 200, but said hes not firm on the price. To me, it looks really clean. BTW the wheels in the picture arent the ones on it, it has stock rims and tires. The owner said it was a joke. It runs good, no smoke, both headlight and tailight work. Plastics are good with no cracks, someone just painted the right rear fender green, which isnt a big deal to me. It needs a front fender. The owner is unsure of the size, as am I. Anyone have any idea how big this trike is? Also owner said he just changed the oil in it. Said he just needs room in the garage, so willing to let it go cheap. Meanwhile, the owner of the suzuki got in contact with me last night and said $250 and its mine. I was planning on going to get the kawasaki today, but want to make sure you guys think it looks like a good buy. Or, should I go for the suzuki? Thanks again for all the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaw 3.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	261.8 KB 
ID:	138425  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //