//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha 200 worth it?

--
    If you have the money I would buy both of them, they both can be hard to get parts for so choice is yours, the klt is more common than the suzuki alt but honda and yamaha were the two mass producers of four strokes.

--
    Id go for the KLT, sounds like a better deal. As long as it doesn't have those rear rims/tires like you said, it looks 100x better than the Zuki, and probably more reliable, but I am a bit biased, I have 2 ugly but damn reliable Yamahas and am currently putting a 110KLT together and I absolutely despise the Suzukis, but that's my opinion. Go with what makes you happy, pure and simple. And as far as size, id say its probably a 110 or the 160, but its tough to tell from that pic. If you get the VIN there are links to decoders here on the site, they are very helpful!!
    Last edited by Grindin' Gearz; 12-27-2011 at 03:43 AM.
    Trikes:
    1985 YTM200ER - Bertha. Needs front bearings and more....
    1985 YTM225DR - needs lots of lovin...
    1985 KLT110 - Currently a box of pieces and a bright green frame...

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Looks like a KLT 160 to me. They are fairly rare as well. Parts can be a bit tough to find from time to time, but that one looks like a very good deal for the condition. It's tough to find them in that kind of shape for that cheap.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Yeah, i agree i thought the kaw looked pretty dang good from the pictures. Im actually leaving to go check it out now. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks

--
    Good luck! Def looks like a good deal if it runs decent.
    "I'm Kind Of Like The Turtle Man Of 3Wheelers."

1986 Honda 350X
    1985 Honda 250R
    1985 Honda 200X

--
    well, ended up not going to see the kaw because a snow storm was on the way here in ohio. Going tomorrow morning around 11. Anything else you guys can think of for me to look for when looking at the kawasaki? What should be the major points to look for?

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Plastics are really tough to come by for those, especially in that shape. I noticed the front fender is biffed. I'm not sure how hard that is to get. Other than that nothing comes to mind.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    IDK if theres any certain areas on that bike that are weak links to check, but here is a few things I like to check on all trikes before I buy them. Rusty gas tank,look down in the tank with a flashlight see how bad it looks, Cracked engine case from chain flying off, just notice if theres oil all over that area or if its leaking, Bent forks, this is a tuff one to diagnose because I have bought some trikes with "bent" forks before only to be able to losen some bolts and readjust them and there fine. See if the engine smokes. See if the clutch is slipping, put in in about 3rd or 4th and the gass if it boggs down but keeps pulling its fine if it revs up but dosent move the clutch is worn. Worn bearing,shake the bike and look for play. Im sure theres some things i've missed but maybe some of the other guys will chime in to give ya some help.
    "I'm Kind Of Like The Turtle Man Of 3Wheelers."

1986 Honda 350X
    1985 Honda 250R
    1985 Honda 200X

--
    Ended up getting the kaw! So excited. The owner couldnt get it to start but still decided to take the risk. Got it home and messed with it for five minutes and got it running decently good. Rode it around the yard a few times. This thing moves for being as small as it is. I believe it is a klt160, but dont know how to check? Also the rear plastics are in great shape with no cracks at all, Just need some fresh paint which I plan to do this coming summer. Also going to paint the rear wheels either red or silver, not sure yet. Only problem with it is there is a leak in the intake between the head and the carb. Its letting air in, and causing it to die at random times. Going to replace that and think it will be a very nice trike. If you guys want I can get some more pictures on here to let you see the condition. I think i made a good buy. Ended up paying 225 because i got an extra set of back wheels with it. Just very excited I got a pretty nice three wheeler for a great price. I will keep you guys updated with stuff I change on it, and if i need any help with anything else. Thanks for all the help!

--
    after looking over it, its a klt110a, at least thats what the fork says. I cant believe that it is that small. It moves for being that small of a motor. All in all, still happy.

--
    Your patience has paid off; good for you, and nice looking rig. Definitely post some more pics when you get a chance. Sounds like some easy fixes.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Good to hear, I'm sure with taking your time, that machine will provide you with plenty of fun in the woods. Have fun and try to keep at least one wheel on the ground! Lol
    Trikes:
    1985 YTM200ER - Bertha. Needs front bearings and more....
    1985 YTM225DR - needs lots of lovin...
    1985 KLT110 - Currently a box of pieces and a bright green frame...

--
    Thanks guys. It is actually a pretty good runner. I let it sit outside in the cold today for about six hours went out to start it to take it back to the barn and it started the first pull. I'll get a couple more pictures on here tomorrow. Had a quick question about the intake boot. Will a boot off of a klt160 fit on it? I can find a bunch of klt160 carb boots on ebay, but cant seem to find one for the klt110. Also will a front fender off of any klt fit the klt110?

--
    Before you paint the rear fenders I highly recommend searching up on how to wet sand them and bring back the original shine, as you will soon find that even with plastic paint it will crack and flake off. Leaving you with a bigger mess than you started with. There is a rubber bonding compound that some one used on here to repair their intake boot can't remember the post it was in, but it seemed to work great for him. You might want to give that a try. If you are looking for interchangable parts the best guy to ask would be ZAGAMES as he has a bunch of klt's

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 78z2+2 View Post
    ...but cant seem to find one for the klt110.
    Does this have the part you need?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-198...item27c1cbc1ed

Quote Originally Posted by muthey View Post
    ...There is a rubber bonding compound that some one used on here to repair their intake boot can't remember the post it was in...
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...02#post1068802

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //