//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Honda ATC 110 Weak Spark

--
    Do not know on plug gap, but I am questioning carb... is new ebay unit, but plug has never had large amounts of fuel... will tear it down tomorrow night to check jets and etc. On compresion tester, can you give me a link to what you use?

WJG1000W is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new i=this one is close to mine but mine doesn't have the ends that remove
    check in the manual to see what the plug gap should be
    i have one of the new eBay carbs on my 200M it works fine for me
    1984 Honda 200M
    1984 Honda 200M
    1996 Yamaha 250 Timberwolf 4x4
    1990+ Xingfu Hunter
    1986 Suzuki SP200

--
    I'm really suprised at this, but I got it to run! Unfortunately, it needs new rings as it smokes really bad. I haven't driven it yet, I need to put the chain back on and install the shifter. As for why it did not run, it ended up being that the red-kote in the tank had broken down and clogged the jets. I got it out, and it finally came to life! Anyway, expect moremupdates and photos in the next few days.

WJG1000W is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    sounds good your lucky somtimes you can spend days upon days looking through electrical problems
    1984 Honda 200M
    1984 Honda 200M
    1996 Yamaha 250 Timberwolf 4x4
    1990+ Xingfu Hunter
    1986 Suzuki SP200

--
    Quote Originally Posted by KI4UJO View Post
    This unit is producing a blue spark, but it is very small. I do not currently have a fuel tank hooked up (carb leaks), but I sprayed starter fluid in it
    and could not get it to fire. When pulling the plug, I could smell the starter fluid on it and was slightly wet. I cleaned the ground and hot on the coil, but it was not any stronger. Do these motors not like starter fluid, as I thought the spark was big enough to make it run? Is there something I need
    to do to get a larger spark? I'm obviously a noob here, but not to mechanics themselves. I have worked with a GY6 before, but do not have much
    experience with these.
    Thank You
    I haven't read the other posts but I'm sure they are good.

I got into the same trouble with one of mine.

The spark advance plate got stuck in the advance position so it
    wouldn't start at the slow spin speed.
    The advance plate was stuck and one of the springs was broken.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //