//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New hampshire Ice Racing

eddie pettengil is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

New hampshire Ice Racing

New Ice Racing Series in Northwood, NH. Every Saturday in Feb. 3 wheelers welcome and encouraged (6 makes a class, if not run with the quads) Come check us out. www.flattrackevolution.com

--
    Blog Entries
    5.5 hours from me. Is there a place to stay near by? Can you race on the lake anyday of the week? If I can't find something locally, I might take a trip for a few days and enjoy some ice.

eddie pettengil is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Ya, thats a good trip. there are plenty of places to stay in the area. if you dont get any ice get ahold of me. I have a f350 with a plow that i cut many tracks with. you end up coming this way and ill make sure you have a place to ride everyday your here. We race on saturday in northwood.nh then on sunday we ride in waterboro,me (1 hour between tracks).

--
    Blog Entries
    Mighty fine of you! If we crap out down here, I might take a few day trip there with the family just to have some fun on the ice. Thanks!!

--
    Blog Entries
    Well no ice here, how's the ice up there doing? I am think of taking a haul up there around President's day weekend with the family and check it all out, providing I get my trike done. It would be cool if a few other guys came up and we got 6 for a 3 wheeler class.

--
    I have been keeping a eye on your build, that thing is coming along and looks Awsome. Hope I get a chance to see it in person. This weekend will be our 5th weekend of practice/racing. The ice has been great and I already had the F350 out plowing a small pond last weekend. Our actual racing series starts the first Saturday in Feb and everything looks good as far as starting on that date.

Getting a few guys would be great, it seams like all the trike ice racers are in your area. It's usually just me and one other guy on a Tri z. There is a group in the mass and conn area that ride trails in the woods of NH but that have not made it out on the ice yet.

I'm the organizer of the races here. I can set up anything you guys want. I'll even pay every trikes entry fee.

--
    Blog Entries
    Hey that's mighty cool of you! Let's see how far I get this weekend, I'll try and put some words out. I think there is a few guys in Conn. that might come. John, and Chris said they wouldn't come, too far for Chris, and John wants to snowmobile. I just want to get at least a little time on the ice.

--
    Blog Entries

--
    That's almost 9 hours for me to get there. At this point, I would be lucky to get to GWL once this winter let alone Maine. I'm up for taking a trip up there next year, but having a 6 month old and my work schedule is a killer this year. I would love to get more people together for races / weekends. Bryan Raffa's generosity the past few years has been over the top and has resulted in some great times. Hopefully we can repeat that on our lake or someone else's.
    Last edited by ChrisD; 01-26-2012 at 08:14 AM.

--
    I fully understand with the drive time. I have wanted to go to icefest the last 2 years but could not make the trip because of distance.

We have the Ice here in NH, we have the insurance for the ice racing program, I cant promise anything as far as paybacks or tropies because all the money goes to Camp Pride, a special needs camp for children. I can promise you racing, and a full day of it with as many classes as you want. I also could most likely turn it into a two day event.

We race for the love of it, bragging rights and a 8x12 framed picture with you holding a checkered flag with your atv in victory lane with the Flat Track Evolution sign. Who's gonna be the first trike racers to have it?

--
    Blog Entries
    Sounds great! I don't care about the money or even winning for that matter, I just want to have a good time. If I win, then cool. I just want to be in one piece at the end of the day. I am 46 now, and pretty out of shape due to not riding, or working out to prepare for riding. I hope to get in a few workouts before I head up. Can you suggest some places to stay so I can check them out in advance? I am bringing 4 people.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie pettengil View Post
    There is a group in the mass and conn area that ride trails in the woods of NH but that have not made it out on the ice yet.
    I was just flat-out lazy this year. I ruined my R taking somewhere I shouldn't have and haven't had the heart to even look at it since. I raced last year at Raffa's and it was a blast. I'd like to make it up there in the future though Eddie. I know of at least one other guy who would be interested in racing as well. A lot of the other guys that ride in our group haven't shown a whole lot of interest in ice racing though.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    riverrat, I will be sending you a pm with some ?'s soon.

fabiodriven, I'm not trying to push or make anybody feel bad. Everyone has there own type of riding they like to do. I do hope to see you in the future. I have just recently bought some tires so I can try a ride with you guys after ice racing season.

When we first started ice racing in Northwood, They did not allow trikes. I asked all my buds to not support there atv class untill trikes were allowed. It took one year for them to change there atv rules to allow trikes. I started Flat Track Evolution last year and pretty much used the 2011 ice racing season as a practice season to gain members. This year will be our first official 4 race season. We have no sponsers, no membership fees just flat out racing for the love of it. Pretty much just like going to your local riding spot but with some organization and a point series. There is not enough support from the 3 wheeler group to have a class of there own but, I'm very interested in making one race a year dedicated for the trike racer. Maybe just use it as a back up for when Icefest gets cancelled so everyone still has the option to ice race.

Big Mike is offline Part time collector of phallic shaped objects. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I was just flat-out lazy this year. I ruined my R taking somewhere I shouldn't have and haven't had the heart to even look at it since. I raced last year at Raffa's and it was a blast. I'd like to make it up there in the future though Eddie. I know of at least one other guy who would be interested in racing as well. A lot of the other guys that ride in our group haven't shown a whole lot of interest in ice racing though.
    I love ICE RACING! Its too bad there is no god damn ICE down here this year so far!!!!
    Currently Own:
    1985 ATC 250sx
    1986 ATC 350x
    1986 Polaris Scrambler 250R/ES (P3)

Projects/Parts machines:
    1980 ATC 185S

My Feedback Thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/124667-Feedback-for-Big-Mike?highlight=Feedback+for+Big+Mike

--
    Blog Entries
    You gonna come to NH Mike?

I am thrashing to get my trike together.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //