//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The making of an ice racer #3 riVerRaT

--
    Blog Entries
    Well busy week, but the motor is 80% together. With any luck it might be in the trike tomorrow.

--
    Good Luck!
    1985 Eddie Sanders ATC330r
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC70 (awaiting 125cc transplant)
    1984 ATC125M
    1986 GSXR 750 - Keepin' it old school!
    1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 plow machine
    1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 (lake lizard)
    1996 Arctic Cat Jag 440 L/C (ditch banger)

--
    Blog Entries
    Well no luck, got up to putting the piston on the rod and the bearing is missing. I only opened the box once so I don't think I dropped it somewhere, either way got to orser a bearing. Everything else is ready to go. TM designs chain glide installed, front brakes done, all aluminum is done polishing for now.

Loosing the bearing doesn't mean anything, Sat night I lost my nephew in a car crash in Puerto Rico, he was only20. Going to have to travel now, so I am not sure where that leaves me on this project, or getting to NH. Prioritys. Pretty sad right now.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
    Well no luck, got up to putting the piston on the rod and the bearing is missing. I only opened the box once so I don't think I dropped it somewhere, either way got to orser a bearing. Everything else is ready to go. TM designs chain glide installed, front brakes done, all aluminum is done polishing for now.

Loosing the bearing doesn't mean anything, Sat night I lost my nephew in a car crash in Puerto Rico, he was only20. Going to have to travel now, so I am not sure where that leaves me on this project, or getting to NH. Prioritys. Pretty sad right now.
    Damn man sorry to hear this! This kinda stuff just takes the wind right outta you for doing ANYTHING! Best wishes to you and your family!
    An F-16 turned the after burners on and banked HARD over my house, I ran outside grabbed my Bud Light and Yelled as loud as I could................

GIT IT RAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"MR.Clean"

New 10 inch wheel buy http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...12#post1258412

--
    Blog Entries
    Yea back from Puerto Rico, that is just about the saddest thing I've ever gone through in my life. He actually crashed his car while street racing right into the funeral home wall. So his body was being viewed literally 20ft from where he died. Gonna have to dedicate the rest of this build to him. RIP Jeffrey. That will help me focus a bit, pretty heart broken right now.

Got back out there tonight for a little bit. Got my missing bearing while I was away, and installed the cylinder. Motor is ready to go into the bike. Just mounting up the rear tires. For testing I am just going to use the stock gold rims which are pretty beat up. I need a set of silver rims for messing around off the ice. The only part I am missing is the lonestar axle which should be here soon. But I can use the stock axle for now, it's easy enough to swap out once it gets here. Gonna put some hours in it tomorrow. I will have some pics tomorrow.

--
    sorry about your nephew man!! lost my brother at 19! tough to deal when they go that young!! I'll say a prayer for his family sun at mass! Hope the build takes your mind off things a bit. I'm sure he would be honored with the build dedication. Look forward to seeing it back on three!!

--
    Glad you made it back safe and sound. What a senseless waste of a life. It looks like you'll have plenty of time to get it ready for the ice unless you are still going up to NH this winter.

John
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC125M

--
    Blog Entries
    Going to try, don't know yet.

I had the trike in a craftsman job vise, and all the while I was wondering how I would get it down. I just imagined putting the rear wheels on and then letting it rotate to the ground rear wheels first. I put the wheels on last night, and this morning, it rotated all by itself, walked into the garage to my trike doing a wheelie, awesome! No harm done.

Did some more work today, off to do chores but some teaser pics of where I am at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-02-11_15-06-02_913.jpg   2012-02-11_15-05-51_439.jpg  

--
    Blog Entries
    OMG so close. Just need to bolt on a few more things, and she is ready to fire up. It won't be done, but it will be ready to race. During the year I am going to take care of a few more details, like polishing the front hub, rear shock, calipers, etc. Want to powder coat the motor mounts, and rad mounts.

This thing has got some compression! It's pretty dam tough to kick over, I hope it doesn't kick back on me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-02-11_22-34-20_670.jpg   2012-02-11_22-34-13_351.jpg  

--
    Blog Entries
    Boy a few more things takes forever, haha. Well I actually drove it tonight, sun had set and I have no light on it so just a quick blast. We had a dusting of snow, so I couldn't really tell how much power it had, but the throttle response was instant with the power valve. I also have to jet it. I went up in my jetting, I don't think I had too. I often wondered about that, just because it's a little bigger engine, why would it need much different jetting? The carb was set up to deliver a proper fuel/air ratio.

I had a brand new ignition module from rmstator, but I think there is some confusion in the wiring harness with that, I will have to call them again. I remember having to switch two wires when I got the rmstator and used it with the stock ignition. Anyway, I put the stock ignition module back in, and it started the second kick. Everything seems kosher, so tomorrow I should get some more break in time.

I don't like the gold rims, but that's all I have for tires to run on the street and dirt. Going to get a set of douglas rims with duro tires for local dirt riding, or possibly some flat track racing up north on dirt. I would like to give that a try.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG7860.jpg   CIMG7862.jpg   CIMG7863.jpg   CIMG7864.jpg   CIMG7867.jpg  

--
    Looks great Anthony. I found I didn't change jetting too much from one engine size to another and actually run a smaller jet now on my 330 with a 40.5mm carb than I did when I had a mild 250 with the 39mm version of the same carb. The only explanation I can think of is that the larger engine is drawing more fuel through the jet since its pulling more air through the venturi of the carb. I often ran a 200 in my 250 and now find myself around a 190 with the 330. Now we just gotta find a bracket and get that front brake hose behind the forks where it belongs. How do the fronts feel with that new hose? It made a big difference on mine and then when I went to the modern sport quad master it was another huge leap forward in brake feel. Dollar for dollar that master was one of the most noticeable improvements I ever made.

John
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC125M

--
    Blog Entries
    I have the bracket, well the lower one that protects the hose from the tire, but the fitting on the brake line that I got from Berharts doesn't allow me to really run the hose in the inside there. I am nto too worried because I won't be running through any trees with it, so I won't catch it on anything. I am missing the bracket that goes to the two holes there, never had it, and I don't even know what it looks like. That's on the list.

I can't compare to my old brakes since they were almost non-functional. That's why I did so bad in the road course 2 years ago, I couldn't stop really. One piston was ceased, and there was a ton of grease in the caliper that kept leaking down on the the disc, even though I cleaned it twice. I have no idea where it all came from. But I got a used caliper now and it seems fine.

I was also thinking of getting a different front master, didn't know which one I should try. On the wish list too is to get my front forks professionally done with even shorter, but stiffer springs. Got to find someone who can do that. The rear shock I got is awesome, it sits perfect without using the lowering link and it only compresses a couple inches, so now I can't bottom out my fenders on the studs. I alsmot bottomed out the studs on my once hanging off trying to get some traction. I remember the studs hitting the rear fender and my butt right on top of that, scared me.

--
    I know a tree won't get it but as you well know rubbing is racing. For the master you can use any of the 450s', YFZ, TRX, or LTR. I found the LTR to be in the least demand therefore the least expensive so I went with that one. I've got some holes in my Carharts and gouges in my old riding boots from meeting the studs a few times. One of the reasons my fenders are cut is to avoid them getting chewed up and tangled in the tires. Can't wait to see you ripping around on it. At some point this spring I'm going to head up to Lost Trails' new site in Scranton with my 4x4 and bring my R along. $35 for the day for the rider, no reg or insurance required, and trikes are welcome.

John
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC125M

--
    Blog Entries
    Oooo, that sounds like a plan. I am not sure I want to ride this thing on trails unless they are fairly flat and clean, and wide open Now with the shock it is a bit involved to switch to trail mode. I'll bring the 200X.

super350 just pm'd me with the bracket I need, which reminds to thank everyone.
    I want to thank a bunch of people for helping me out with all the parts to get this thing going, and the inspiration too:
    ChrisD
    JohnR
    super350
    Mrs.Mosh cosmicquads.com
    BillyGoLightly :http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...eel.-COLORIZED!
    Tattool23 stickers
    ceaserthethird
    dirtface (thank you so much for the tank!!)
    250rmanfmf (awesome deal on the pipe and footpegs!)
    RID3R
    Xowner
    x.system swingarm bushings http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ngarm-Bushings

ebay......LOL

If I missed anyone, let me know I will add you to the list, and if I didn't leave you feedback, just pm me your feedback thread! It's been a crazy month.

--
    Blog Entries
    Took it out today for a few minutes, boy that power valve power band is so smooth, it's like a 4stroke and a two stroke combined, very drivable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-02-13_12-44-49_938.jpg   Grabbed Frame 2.jpg   Grabbed Frame 3.jpg   Grabbed Frame 4.jpg   Grabbed Frame 5.jpg   Grabbed Frame 6.jpg  

Grabbed Frame 7.jpg   Grabbed Frame 8.jpg   Grabbed Frame 9.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //