//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The making of an ice racer #3 riVerRaT

--
    awesome build man. trike should turn out great. i was just at ice races today here in wisconsin. sadly no trikes and only one 250r quad. if my trikes were together i mightve hopped in there but here they only allow trikes in the rubber class n i dont have the right setup for that with the trike im puttin back together right now.

good luck with the build n keep the pics comin
    "The best way to tell if it's a Honda is to open it up."

sbjones73 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    wow looking awesome river rat. and by the way, thanks man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    84 250r gone,
    87 suzuki lt250r trail machine, gone to fund ice racer,
    85 250r ice racing project started !!!!!!

--
    ya really .. how many years did we take a ass whoopin from chris D ....LMFAO!
    Hey Mr. Raffa....leave me out of it. LOL. By the way it was only 1 year and I didn't ask to win, I just did.

Thank you to whoever cleaned up this thread. It went way off topic as it looks by the quotes left in.

As far as this complaining about true bore sizes or representations of such goes, it is a moot point. I do believe it's the open class and that means anything goes by my definition. 310, 330, 500, jet engine, whatever. I say good for Anthony. I hope he wins as he looks to be putting in the effort and a powervalve on whatever size motor it is, should be helpful. Anyone can build their bike to whatever it could be and bring it out.....any 420 stroker banshee motor Tri-Z guys out there. Enough about that.

I can't wait to see the progress. It looks like it's going to be sweet. I also can't wait to race against him on it....maybe next year.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    any 420 stroker banshee motor Tri-Z guys out there. .
    How did you know? LOL!
    SAY IT!!!!!
    85 1/2 Tri-Z - The Trail Bike w/Inverts
    85 Tri-Z - The wifes Bike
    85 Tri-Z - The MX/ICE Bike, 310 w/Inverts
    12 Tri-Shee - The Flat Track/TT Bike w/Inverts

NYTRO - New York Trike Racing Outlaws - COME GIT SOME!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ringdingrider View Post
    awesome build man. trike should turn out great. i was just at ice races today here in wisconsin. sadly no trikes and only one 250r quad. if my trikes were together i mightve hopped in there but here they only allow trikes in the rubber class n i dont have the right setup for that with the trike im puttin back together right now.

good luck with the build n keep the pics comin

Which one did you go too?
    ]1986 ATC 330R
    1985 ATC 250R vintage PSI racing ported motor
    Get your replacement ATC 250R decals and custom Big Bore #'s here http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/catego...=2&pagegroup=1

--
    You guys are gonna woop my butt, but I believe I will definitely be going to Ice-Fest next year and giving it a try! Want to meet some of you guys and see all the trikes as much as I want to try racing! LOL!
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 250r View Post
    You guys are gonna woop my butt, but I believe I will definitely be going to Ice-Fest next year and giving it a try! Want to meet some of you guys and see all the trikes as much as I want to try racing! LOL!
    There will almost always be someone slower than you, and someone faster than you somewhere, so it's all about the fun, and boy we have a lot of it there.

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zmpolaristech View Post
    How did you know? LOL!
    Yea good luck with that one.

--
    Blog Entries
    Well I am just about convinced there wasn't one good part on my original trike. $900 wasn't well spent, $6k later still needing new parts. The front caliper is shot I believe I can't rebuild it, and the rear didn't even have the block off plate on it, I have no idea how it was working all this time. Good thing I never plan on stopping. Going to the local race shop tomorrow to get some brake lines made, and off to flea bay to look for a caliper.

I fixed my seat pan (broke off bolts) by getting some 1/4 20 carraige bolts and grinding the sides of the head to make flat spots, then melting them into the seat pan. I started covering the seat, but I think my electric staple gun isn't cutting it. also picked up my short track tank from the post office, and is in better shape than I expected, some light polishing and it will look great.

If anyone has a good front caliper and can ship right away, let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-01-09_20-23-57_54.jpg   2012-01-09_20-25-37_886.jpg   2012-01-09_20-42-25_989.jpg   2012-01-09_22-01-40_758.jpg  

--
    Seat looks great! Mosh's handiwork??
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Blog Entries
    careful now with them power tools,,,haha ... git it raggg!

--
    is that ceramic coating on the frame?

--
    Blog Entries
    Yes Mosh did the seat, and I am sure would have done a better job of covering it, however I am not done.

Yea Bryan, it was fun to try and grind and take that picture at the same time

No powder coating, looks like ceramic though.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by pantera1975 View Post
    Which one did you go too?
    ice wars in amherst. freakin outlaw 600 sled class i crazzzy

--
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
    Well I am just about convinced there wasn't one good part on my original trike. $900 wasn't well spent, $6k later still needing new parts. The front caliper is shot I believe I can't rebuild it, and the rear didn't even have the block off plate on it, I have no idea how it was working all this time. Good thing I never plan on stopping. Going to the local race shop tomorrow to get some brake lines made, and off to flea bay to look for a caliper.

I fixed my seat pan (broke off bolts) by getting some 1/4 20 carraige bolts and grinding the sides of the head to make flat spots, then melting them into the seat pan. I started covering the seat, but I think my electric staple gun isn't cutting it. also picked up my short track tank from the post office, and is in better shape than I expected, some light polishing and it will look great.

If anyone has a good front caliper and can ship right away, let me know.
    let me check in the morning. i may have a front caliper i wont be using for awhile. not 100% if i do or not but i think i got all the brake parts with another roller i had bought last year. ill let you know

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //