//ArrowChat Code
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: National 3 wheeler TT race Ashtabula

Poco Loco is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Last edited by Poco Loco; 12-21-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    Shart Guard .......Use it !

Pink Powerwheels Barbie trike

Wamo Big Wheel with a solid trikecycle front tire

Mini bike 3hp Briggs and Stratton with cambells soup can exhaust

Schwinn stingray with coaster brakes

1985 Crash and Burn champ

1st place National Endo Championship

--
    So if there are not enough to do a 200 class then what would I run with? I'm too slow to keep up with r's and daddy X's so what then? I want to go and race my Powroll replica bike. Stroker powerrrrrrr
    1983 212x "Mickey Dunlap" Powroll TT Trike -Blue frame, Supertrapp (looking for a Powroll DD), WEB Stage II cam, Powroll 6mm stroker, Wiseco 10.25:1 piston stock bore, ported, polished, +2 Swinger,White low-pros and 250R front fender, BAPP rear shock, Powroll Decals, NOS Carlisle R/A's

Gone:
    '83 185s, '86 200x, '70's Full Suspension Hi-Performance ATC RD400,

--
    So when you say vintage 250r class that means I would run with s? What if someone is running a 300r or a mugen?
    1983 212x "Mickey Dunlap" Powroll TT Trike -Blue frame, Supertrapp (looking for a Powroll DD), WEB Stage II cam, Powroll 6mm stroker, Wiseco 10.25:1 piston stock bore, ported, polished, +2 Swinger,White low-pros and 250R front fender, BAPP rear shock, Powroll Decals, NOS Carlisle R/A's

Gone:

--
    It's mainly rider and setup not hp, don't worry

--
    I saw the track, its kinda of a dusty (maybe because it was so dry) tight turn one, and maybe 4th-5th on the main straight?
    The +2 swinger should help whip it around some turns and I'll probably drop a tooth or two on the front so I can gain more torque without pinning it on the main straight. I saw two minor jumps, so I would probably set susp. to 3 with a medium-low preload. Maybe put the forks about 1-2" higher in the trees.
    There is nobody else running a #4, is there??

Gone:

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rg97 View Post
    I saw the track, its kinda of a dusty (maybe because it was so dry) tight turn one, and maybe 4th-5th on the main straight?
    The +2 swinger should help whip it around some turns and I'll probably drop a tooth or two on the front so I can gain more torque without pinning it on the main straight. I saw two minor jumps, so I would probably set susp. to 3 with a medium-low preload. Maybe put the forks about 1-2" higher in the trees.

I could be wrong but I thought a shorter swingarm was better for flattrack/tt?

--
    Just show up and have fun. It's a neat TT track.

Here are some pic's of my 200X TT Bike at Ashtabula back in the 80's. I really needed a Hoosier front tire on that bike.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ash1.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	613.6 KB 
ID:	183910

Name:	ash2.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	605.6 KB 
ID:	183911

Name:	ash3.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	503.2 KB 
ID:	183912

Name:	ash4.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	528.3 KB 
ID:	183913
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    So if there are not enough to do a 200 class then what would I run with? I'm too slow to keep up with r's and daddy X's so what then? I want to go and race my Powroll replica bike. Stroker powerrrrrrr
    Classes are determined based on who / what signs up.
    2012 - Was Unlimited Open (anything on 3) and Vintage (period correct machines). It was divided by machine.
    2013 - Was "A" class and "B" class. It was divided mainly by rider skill level.
    Stock and modified minis (70s, Zingers...) always have a class too.

So, if you showed last year on a 250R (for example), you could run with the big dogs OR in the less competitive B class depending on your skill level.
    I ran B class with other R's, TriZs, Tecates, 350Xs, 200Xs, ATC200, etc....

Bottom line: Show up with your 3 wheeler and they will fit you into class appropriate for your machine and ability.

--
    A bone stock 1985 250R taps out in 6th gear well before the end of that straightaway.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    A bone stock 1985 250R taps out in 6th gear well before the end of that straightaway.
    I was running +1 tooth on the front and -2 on the rear of my tecate and was shifting into 5th right in front of the announcers booth.

--
    Is there a practice type of time?

Gone:

--
    Is there a practice type of time?
    Yes, 3 sessions. Friday, then Sat before the heats, then Sunday before the mains.

--
    Proper riding attire needed? Other than a helmet of course. ..
    What I'm trying to ask is if I show up in jeans and a long sleeve shirt will they say "no you can't race"

Gone:

--
    I would strongly advise buying some real riding boots.There was a guy last who got mauled up.Think he was off work for a few months.It is a really good time.Everybody had a good time.Only down fall is you will want more of it!Kiester explained it very well.Rider ability really determines the out come for sure.

--
    Proper riding attire needed? Other than a helmet of course. ..
    What I'm trying to ask is if I show up in jeans and a long sleeve shirt will they say "no you can't race"
    you'll need boots at least 8 inches tall too. or maybe just boots over the ankle, either way you need boots. basically you can sum it up by, helmet, gloves,eye protection, long sleeves, and boots. you can run in jeans but you have alot of time before this race and i guarantee if you cant afford new riding pants by then someone that races has a pair to cut you a deal on.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //