//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: National 3 wheeler TT race Ashtabula

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    [QUOTE=TimSr;1141474]NOS, I saw that video a while back when I was researching. I regret that I never got the chance to meet Bill Fischer before his passing last October, but I think I'd have really liked him! You have to love a man who is not sorry for for offering people something so great, and yet is perfectly willing to send the ungrateful bit@#ers packing. He was famous for his "This place is MINE and I'll hook my dozer up to your @#$% and drag it to the street!".[/QUOTE

Oh, and he was like that to the very end. I had gotten permission from Bud (his son) to go ride out there (just before his passing). After about 30 minutes of riding we see him on his tractor and his 2 dogs comming across the field. I ride on over to say hello and thank him. WOW he was mad! I explain Bud our agreement with Bud but was not hearing any of it! He made it abundantly clear that we could not be right and to get the hell out of there. LOL So we thankd him bid him a fond farewell, packed up and left. He was his own man to the end!

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Xowner View Post
    Throw something together, And lets go!
    I'm trying I'm trying

--
    [QUOTE=Husky250;1141728]
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSr View Post
    NOS, I saw that video a while back when I was researching. I regret that I never got the chance to meet Bill Fischer before his passing last October, but I think I'd have really liked him! You have to love a man who is not sorry for for offering people something so great, and yet is perfectly willing to send the ungrateful bit@#ers packing. He was famous for his "This place is MINE and I'll hook my dozer up to your @#$% and drag it to the street!".
    Oh, and he was like that to the very end. I had gotten permission from Bud (his son) to go ride out there (just before his passing). After about 30 minutes of riding we see him on his tractor and his 2 dogs comming across the field. I ride on over to say hello and thank him. WOW he was mad! I explain Bud our agreement with Bud but was not hearing any of it! He made it abundantly clear that we could not be right and to get the hell out of there. LOL So we thankd him bid him a fond farewell, packed up and left. He was his own man to the end!
    He who owns the place, makes the rules and can change them at any time! I hope you find a way to make it out there. I would really enjoy meeting you.

--
    Here is a preview of what to expect with possibly up to 9 more riders on the gate. This is from the OTC Riders Appreciation and Makeup Race:

Heat Race

Main Event

--
    Nice, track looked pretty much unchanged as I remember it from years passed. Good to see TPC made it to a race, with 2011's Fast Freddy. Nice some of you out of State guys came for some extra track time...should pay off. Had a booked weekend and I had NO-way out of it. I'd rather had fun running this one then the National Event. See you'all on the 22nd...gonna be some goodtimes.

--
    is yamahonda man dead? i watch his stuff on youtube all the time. that is so sad

--
    are the rules/requirements for this race posted anywhere?

--
    ^^ Check Tims link...most rules across the board are the same as any OTC event. This one the a kill tether might be a little less overlooked in the open/Pro classes, but B and 70mods might get away without one. If your concerned with motor restrictions I think Tim mentioned Overbores/450's run OPEN class...Stock250 beginer racer as yourself a solid B class guy. Helmet, over the ankle boot, goggles, longsleeve shirt, gloves pretty much standard...A well #machine with front,back and fenders labled a must, I'm sure. If your coming to camp....ANYONE, bring your swim trunks! The lake is a great cooloff spot.

--
    thank you for the info,Iwill get a tether on just to be safe

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I just watched that video. I am atrocious at MX, but this style track I could handle for sure and my R is already set up for this. You guys have got my gears turning, although it's a long drive and very last minute. I hate to be that guy asking stupid questions, but I've searched for an address for this place so I can see how long of a drive it is and I'm coming up empty handed. Anybody got an address? Thanks.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    ^^^That is unless this is a more "serious" type deal or invite only, or if there are more than enough trikes already attending (or too many). I have no idea the politics going on here. Just a curious guy with a trike.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    http://www.edtracing.com/PineLake.html

This link on the ATVA Extreme Dirt Track website has specific information on the track, where its located at, and how to contact the owner.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I just watched that video. I am atrocious at MX, but this style track I could handle for sure and my R is already set up for this. You guys have got my gears turning, although it's a long drive and very last minute. I hate to be that guy asking stupid questions, but I've searched for an address for this place so I can see how long of a drive it is and I'm coming up empty handed. Anybody got an address? Thanks.
    it's a long drive but this is one not to miss. hope to see you there.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by just ben View Post
    It's about 10 minutes for me but I probably won't be able to make it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by just ben View Post
    It would be great, 10 hours though... I'll have to see what I can do.

Thanks for the info guys and if I don't make it good luck to all! Keep the rubber side down!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //