//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: National 3 wheeler TT race Ashtabula

--

National 3 wheeler TT race Ashtabula

Just thought i would get this out there, The EDT series is allow 3 wheelers to race at there Ohio race.
    When it comes to racing this is about as big as it comes, 3 wheelers invited at a AMA sanctioned Pro quad race is almost unheard of. This isnt any small deal. This is the big dogs on quads, on a very serious and aggressive TT track, That us trikers are now being allowed to race with.

I Will be flying out and racing this event, I figure being a pro quad tt/flattrack racer this is a perfect event for me to head across the country and see if you all can keep up.

I know ex Factory green machine racer Jackie Meadows will be throwing a leg over a trike. Who else is going to come and lay some rubber on the sticky clay?

--
    Blog Entries
    see ya there... bring a fresh motor... its a National!

--
    when is it?

--
    I'll be there for sure! This is HUGE!!!!!!!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

Russell 350X is offline Testicles between my toes at the devils backbone Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    I need a date...website..info...hopefully I can do this...
    TF 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14!
    Raffa's IceFest 08, 09, 10,11,13!

SAY IT!!!!!BUD LIGHTS AND RED LIGHTS!!!!!!

--
    July 20-22 Rusty - You should be there - it is roughly 3.5 hours from my place FYI

--
    Shouldn't this be in the rides, races and events section?
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    We know the owner of Pine lake. We've been poking at him for a while that we should let trikes race there again. Finally the guys from OTC gave him a call and, of course Bud (Fisher) was up for the idea. His dad died in September (I think it was) and Bud seems to be looking to use the area more. I think I'm gonna pitch a Mountain Bike race out there to him... LOL Unfortunatel, that weekend I have to be in Louisville pre riding the Ironman course in prep for August so I'm gonna miss it. If you guys make it that far for a race keep in mind "TV Land" (owned by Trevor Vines (of Freestyle fame) is also holding a couple races this year for trikes. TV land is, perhaps, 10 miles from Pine Lake, towards Pa. I get to ride at Pine lake whenever we want so I'm kinda bummed that the news didn't come out before I committed that weekend to Louisville... Sigh What cch gonna do?

--
    Wow ! check out this thread at 3wheeler.org , former Team Green rider Jackie Meadows will be racing at Pine Lake, kewl picks! http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthrea...to-race-on-TPC

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Vealmonkey View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the rides, races and events section?
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...Event-Schedule

Actually it is. I posted it some time ago. This event was organized between OTC and the owner of Pine Lake and is part of the OTC Grand Champion Series. Most of the details other than the date, are still pending, including classes. We do know that in addition to at least one 3 Wheeler Class, there will also be a modified ATC70 Class. That was proposed to the group on here that race ATC70's but they didnt want the travel, however Mr Fischer has enough local interest to still run that class also. As Husky250 mentioned, we are also running TVLand Sept 8-9, which is also on the OTC Race schedule and part of the CRA 3 Wheeler Points Series. TVLand is a bike only track, so that is the only weekend trikes are permitted.

For more details and updates as they are available, simply go to the Local Rides Section, where all the OTC Announcements are buried. You can follow a link in any of my posts to the OTC Website where all details will be posted.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that we at OTC have strived for for years. Anybody is invited, but I sincerely hope EVERYONE will be on their best behavior and keep in mind that this is NOT Hapsin Acres, and if you think I am a Nazi about abiding by the promoter's rules, you haven't dealt with the AMA! All it takes is a couple of idiots to ruin this for every FOREVER, and I can guarentee we will never get another chance.

I also asking that everyone put aside their petty grievances and cooperate with us so that we have this setup to accommodate what looks like a growing crowd. A lot of people have dreamed of racing here, and Id hate to see 3/4 of them sent home eliminated after the heat races just because people were not willing to cooperate and help give us realistic numbers of participants to work with. Right now we are setup for the usual 12-16 regular OTC racers, with a gate capacity of 20. If 60 show up, 40 will be eliminated UNLESS I know how many more are coming, what they are riding, and whether they feel they are an Advanced Racer, or an Intermediate/Beginner so we can break it down into proper classes.

These are exhibition classes only! Only the CRA has been willing to actually sanction 3 Wheeler Classes. We dont want anybody killing somebody over a trophy or plaque. As with all OTC races, there is NO DELIBERATE CONTACT.

My email is Leadboot@neo.rr.com, my phone is 330-208-2200, and again, details will be posted on the OTC website as they are available. We hadnt intended to foucs on this event so early, but apparnetly a few observant people actually read our posted schedule and it went "viral". As it looks now, we will have far more than anticipated, and its not too early to start sending me Name, Trike ccs, and experience level A (advanced)or B (noice/intermediate) Our website is http://otc.myfastforum.org/

I hope that in all the excitement, all the guys are not forgotten who made it happen by attending race after race, and putting on great performances, demonstrating safety, sportsmanship, and fun, following the rules, and sacrificing huge chunks of the family budget so that guys like Bud Fischer seek us to come to there big event. Thanks to all the OTC guys and ladies who work so hard to promote the sprort positively, and make this possible!

--
    TimSr, very well put I will assure you, Im a very professional on and off the track. The fact is a racer represents soo much, yourself, sponsors, and fellow riders. I will guarantee you that there will be no issues with me and i will do my best to make sure the ones around me conduct themselves in a professional manor.

Vealmonkey, I put it here for exposure, a race of this caliper, should draw spectators, so im hopeing people that wouldn't normally attend a race will at least come and watch, Its more than just the trikes, its also one of the largest pro quad events.

Tim, and Raffa, It will be a pleasure to see both of you again, and even a bigger pleasure to compete with both of you on the track. Any others planning on coming? Billy? Louis? I would like to see those 500's there, that would be sweet. Already getting the bike setup and lowered... its going to take some work to get the bike there but all should go well

--
    I am planning on trying to be there. Really just depends on the wife and baby and work and stuff. Definitely going to try. This should be an interesting race, getting to race against all the "professionals" that are coming out of the woodwork sounds like a blast.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Guess I better get one of my Tri Z's finished....... If not...always got the 350. I am going to try and make this. I will give you a definite answer in a week or so Tim. Sounds like a once in a lifetime??? Great work. I would probably race my nitro 150 70 also if possible depending on the heat lineup??
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

--
    I will be racing a stock 250R, as I have a guest rider in the works for my 450. So count me as a tentative 2 at this point!

--
    I will be attending PineLake on the Tri-Z fo-sure(Advanced/BigBore,#40). Yes Raffa, it's fresher than freshbread on Sunday morning bro...come get some!. This is a BIG Motor TT as speeds into the front straight are serious when pitch-n-it sidewayz. Can't wait to hit that blue groove and possibly line up with some history. TVland was one I was interested in but will confirm closer to the date(gotta pick and choose this season). Thanks Sr and OTC diehards, The Fisher family,CRA and alike...2012 what a race year!
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 02-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //