//ArrowChat Code
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: National 3 wheeler TT race Ashtabula

--
    Perhaps if we are concerned about varying information from different websites I can enlighten everyone, since I have been working directly with the owner/promoter since last December and have actually played an active role in actually organizing and putting things together.

The EDT site is the series site, operated by the AMA. They have posted Fischer's general program as he has given it to them, but they have no involvement in the 3 wheeler races which is why they lack much in the way of specific info. The first times were posted in error.

Fischer Cycles is the promoter's facebook and website. Mr Fischer does not spend a great deal of time on the internet, and his sites reflect that. He won't be answering his phone, which is the cycle shop number after Wednesday.

Those exhibition races are strictly up to the promoter, so they are in his hands, and not the EDT or AMA. Some of the specific details for the 3 wheeler races have still not been determined, and won't be until Friday evening after we get a general overview of what has arrived, and after a meeting with one of the AMA reps who will assist in details including specific class definitions. I can't stress enough that this is only exhibition, and as such will be very informal, with very simple rules and classes.

If you want the latest, first hand information that is directly from the owner/promoter, I have gone to the trouble of typing it up, along with links to updates as they occur. It also includes the correct address. That info is at:

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about1005.html

If that info does not cover your question, you can post here (which I check infrequently) or email me at Leadboot@neo.rr.com, or call me at 330-208-2200. Those will all work until Friday morning.

I don't want to cause any more uproar, but this was from the beginning, and still is an OTC organized event, between us and the owner/promoter, so I actually do know whats going on, and I'm not saying this to anger anybody.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    When is every body getting there ? Me and my brother are coming up to watch
    I will be down friday early afternoon.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSr View Post
    Perhaps if we are concerned about varying information from different websites I can enlighten everyone, since I have been working directly with the owner/promoter since last December and have actually played an active role in actually organizing and putting things together.

The EDT site is the series site, operated by the AMA. They have posted Fischer's general program as he has given it to them, but they have no involvement in the 3 wheeler races which is why they lack much in the way of specific info. The first times were posted in error.

Fischer Cycles is the promoter's facebook and website. Mr Fischer does not spend a great deal of time on the internet, and his sites reflect that. He won't be answering his phone, which is the cycle shop number after Wednesday.

Those exhibition races are strictly up to the promoter, so they are in his hands, and not the EDT or AMA. Some of the specific details for the 3 wheeler races have still not been determined, and won't be until Friday evening after we get a general overview of what has arrived, and after a meeting with one of the AMA reps who will assist in details including specific class definitions. I can't stress enough that this is only exhibition, and as such will be very informal, with very simple rules and classes.

If you want the latest, first hand information that is directly from the owner/promoter, I have gone to the trouble of typing it up, along with links to updates as they occur. It also includes the correct address. That info is at:

If that info does not cover your question, you can post here (which I check infrequently) or email me at Leadboot@neo.rr.com, or call me at 330-208-2200. Those will all work until Friday morning.

I don't want to cause any more uproar, but this was from the beginning, and still is an OTC organized event, between us and the owner/promoter, so I actually do know whats going on, and I'm not saying this to anger anybody.
    a big pat on the back to you. we should have been down there years ago... take it as you will.

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSr View Post

thanks for the clarification of speculation..from what it seems like 80 people can manage to grasp from the internet! there times did in fact change on the web site.. and I'm not a member of your site..So. if you could post it up here .. so the other 50% of the people that dont visit your site know thank you... I know you try to corral everyone into your site.. but most choose not too.. just trying to help. and make it go as smooth as possible ..I dont need a long drawn out post.. just the info we need to know. and I thought you said it was the promoters event.. in the same post. pretty much the same deal.. I deal with at a AMA Hillclimb when I do a exhibition.

thanks Tim. I know your pullin your hair out ... just relay the message.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Raffa View Post
    thanks for the clarification of speculation..from what it seems like 80 people can manage to grasp from the internet! there times did in fact change on the web site.. and I'm not a member of your site..So. if you could post it up here .. so the other 50% of the people that dont visit your site know thank you... I know you try to corral everyone into your site.. but most choose not too.. just trying to help. and make it go as smooth as possible ..I dont need a long drawn out post.. just the info we need to know. and I thought you said it was the promoters event.. in the same post. pretty much the same deal.. I deal with at a AMA Hillclimb when I do a exhibition.

thanks Tim. I know your pullin your hair out ... just relay the message.
    This wasn't for you. This was for anybody who was looking for first hand information. No membership required to view. Its a link. People will figure it out. Yes, OTC is operated from its own website, and is not affiliated with 3WW. We post links on 3WW as a courtesy. If people choose not to use the info provided, I have done all I can do.

--
    Blog Entries
    I realize that tim.. but as a courtesy.. could ya just post it here just for this one race.. hate to see some one get the false info.as many of us will be on the road soon. it will just make it easier!

--
    What info is needed?? I have never seen so many issues with this, I have raced at as many tracks as anyone and with just as many promoters. Its simple, You know where the track is, you know what time you need to be there for signups. That is the only info needed, the rest will be discussed at a riders meeting.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Leaving in the morning, should put me at the track around 2-3 Friday afternoon.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS_350X View Post
    What info is needed?? I have never seen so many issues with this, I have raced at as many tracks as anyone and with just as many promoters. Its simple, You know where the track is, you know what time you need to be there for signups. That is the only info needed, the rest will be discussed at a riders meeting.
    If you don't have something constructive to say, please don't bother replying to this thread. Same goes for everyone else. If you'd like to share information or discussion about the race and its conditions, by all means, have at it. Or go to Tim's site like he posted the link to. But denigrating the situation is not going to help it.

--
    I'm just putting this out there for ALL of you..............THANK YOU .................... Ever think you would get THANKED for RACING!!!! From someone who WILL be there in spirit ,but can NO WAY be there. Thank you to EVERY one of you,,From Tim right on down to the last place finisher in the 70 class! Thank you.. As far as OUR little world goes.. The WORLD is watching this,,This could turn our sport into more than it is now.. The Possibilities are Endless. Put on your gentleman faces,leave the booze outside the gate,and show the world that we're actually an all right group of folks. Have fun,be safe,and thank you to ALL who will be out representing this little group of folks that like THREE! I will await all the Youtube,and tons of other media coverage : ) Be safe !
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    is this going to be televised?
    TPC TRIKES

FSU Powersports

RNS Powdercoating

--
    What I know is ATV Scene,and AT LEAST 2 magazines are covering it. I'm SURE there will be more. I put a request into Dave Despain from Wind Tunnel @ Speed to just give us a snippet for having the AMA " LOOK" at this. I highly doubt anything will come of it,,but ya don't know till you try! This is a BIG deal for the community,,one and all. Thanx again to ALL who will be representing the rest of us!
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

brd812 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I just want to wish you guys alot luck and have fun. Husky and I sort of grew up here and this track is near and dear to hearts. I was playing at pine lake as teenager, racing what ever class, worked at the track as I got older. The Fisher's will put on a great show, Bud wants more events if people will come. I wish I was strong enough to be out there and play with yall, but common sense is prevailling. I think Michigan sand is softer than Ashtabula clay, anyways show'em what you got have fun! be safe!!!! and Represent. just typing this had me dreaming of my Tecate and my american racer go cart wheels we use to run. damn what a ride
    "If you are going to piss like puppy, Don't Get Off The Porch"
    Trikes:
    84' Suzuki ALT185 (old Orange)
    85' Yamaha 225DX, piped and spaced ( First Girlfriend)
    Quads
    87' Yamaha Banshee, built and very very fast (The Whore)
    01 Yamaha Raptor 660, built and piped (The Beast)
    03 Suzuki Vinson, 26's and piped (The Crowd Pleaser)
    Once apon a time:
    85' Tecate 300 alky flattacker, 6 in over swingarm, 88 Suzuki 500"Quadzilla"PIA , 91 Yamaha Warrior Built and Modded. (luved that Baby Tank)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    If you don't have something constructive to say, please don't bother replying to this thread. Same goes for everyone else. If you'd like to share information or discussion about the race and its conditions, by all means, have at it. Or go to Tim's site like he posted the link to. But denigrating the situation is not going to help it.
    How is that not constructive?? You and i both know there is a certain group of people making issues about things that really are no biggie. Im just saying shut up and race!! All we as racers need to do is show up and and act in a professional manor, This is the one of the biggest quad racing series in the country, im sure they will have zero problems but yet some have huge concerns. These guys ACTUALLY know how to run races, and thats what they do year after year. So why are things being made so difficult? Now lets go in circles and have a ton of fun
    Now after you read this Billy i expect you to remove it (as a matter of fact i want you to)

About the television coverage, for the trikes... no, I know last year one round of the edt series was on lucas oil's "on the edge" but it only covered the pro quad class. I have several friends that have been on David Despains Wind Tunnel, IF i win, i will see if i can pull some strings and get on there :P

--
    The promoter was shocked to know what was on the EDT site. It is very innaccurate and you should Ignore it!

Be prepared to run your trike heat at any time after Noon when heats begin.

http://otc.myfastforum.org/ftopic945-30.php

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //