//ArrowChat Code

Thread: MMI mechanics school

--

MMI mechanics school

anybody in here gone to school there i'm thinkin about going but it's gonna cost like 18,000 to 20,000 so i wanna know how it was and if it's worth it or not.
    86 200x all original exept fo pipe and filter

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    There was a guy that was around here everyonce in a while that was attending. I haven't seen him in a while though.

Tri-Z_Jim is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Yeah,what HondaATC said.
    I looked into MMI about 10 yrs ago and it was only $12000 to $15000.If you do go to MMI,forget about ATV's and dirtbikes,learn about streetbikes.Thats where the $$$ is at.You need to get a good job with Honda,Yamaha,Kawi,etc. or a good harley dealership.Getting a job at a dealer doesnt really pay the bills unless you plan to open your own shop.Most of the dealers around here only pay mechanics about $10 to $12 an hr. A yamaha dealer once said to me that if I went to MMI I would be over qualified to work for him.The same guy offers me a job almost everytime I go in to buy parts.
    Most of the ATV's I see at dealers waiting to be fixed are worn out old pieces of chit and you couldnt pay me enuff to work on them anyway.
    Whatever you choose to do, Good luck

G-MAN-1 is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

Not Good

MMI is a good school. when you get done there go for a job with a racing team thats where the money is. a local guy where i live now works for blimpie SO/BE suzuki. he got the job fairely easy too. wrote them a resume and they hired right away....also i would like to comment on jims post. all machines at shops are not worn out . just think if u were the mechanic thats what pays u worn out or not....................i have my own schooling techs..............its called only for me repair. also i have my own little repair deal going on right now only by word of mouth. i havent made alot butt sure am looking forward to it soon............................take it from me ..i know alot about this topic............................. :-D

--
    If you ask me, The money is in the automotive field. Large Diesel oriented jobs pay real well. An ase certified tech in this area with higher education usually starts out around 13$ an hour. Down toward the city a little more, some of the bigger car dealerships pay their techs around 45k a year starting pay with benefits. I know quite a few guys that make over 100k a year.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //