//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: xr 650 trike for the street

--
    Quote Originally Posted by lilgsxr1000 View Post
    o the bike was reg before i started, remember this was a on/off road bike when i started so that was the easy part. finding someone to give me a insp sticker not soo easy yet, but i should be able to get one
    I know a guy that will inspect it but he's 2 1/2 hrs from you. I'm going to be spending 3 or 4 days in newark in a couple weeks I would love to see this thing in action edit... I didnt read the next post that you got it inspected

--
    just curious, but could the front end problem be do to the front tire having a squared off profile? (compared to a 3wheelers rounded profile).
    also, wondering what you did for balancing your tires for those higher speeds? might try those bags of beads truckers use to balance out their tires. wouldn't need a whole bag though. toss the bag into the tire, set the bead, mount it and after driving a few miles the bags bust open automaticly balancing the tire everytime you drive. best part is no real mess to clean if you remove the tire, just vacuum out the old beads or save them and use again since atv tires are much smaller than semi tires.
    74 HONDA ATC 70
    85 HONDA 125M (undergoing surgery)
    85 YAMAHA YT60 red w/yellow trim (sold, still in the family)

"What the f*** are you doing Bill? The racetrack is no place for snacks and fancy cakes....
    I'll have a Custard Cream if your asking."

Quote Originally Posted by swampthang View Post
    Got to love that search button. Faster then a liquid R.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Killbot View Post
    I think I would like to see someone do that! Motocross fender and tire on front! That would be interesting to see!
    Quote Originally Posted by 350XJEDI View Post
    it has been done!! not a pretty site
    74 HONDA ATC 70
    85 HONDA 125M (undergoing surgery)
    85 YAMAHA YT60 red w/yellow trim (sold, still in the family)

"What the f*** are you doing Bill? The racetrack is no place for snacks and fancy cakes....
    I'll have a Custard Cream if your asking."

Quote Originally Posted by swampthang View Post
    Got to love that search button. Faster then a liquid R.

--
    john boy that is some funny stuff. to the john boy. if i'm home when your in the area we could meet up newark isn't that far from me. The only prob is i work for nys goverment and i'm out of town every other week working down in the city. if you let me know the dates your going to be around i can give you a idea if i'm going to be around home or down in the city. You should bring your ride there is great off road riding just outside newark, would bring my quad out anytime you wanted if i'm around i love riding out there and during the day most of my friends are working and cant go play
    Toys
    02 300ex
    08 kfx450r
    04 ktm450sx
    02 xr650 trike
    11 mxz-xrs 800e-tec
    08 gsx500ss

--
    hows the street trike doing ? any probs? update!!!
    GOT MUD?:

--
    i wonder how fast that b is??? we need up dates!!

--
    sorry i have not been on the net for a while, here is the big update. I have loged well over 300+miles on it now, going from town to town because i like the slower speeds. I have pasted around 12 cops now, with nothing, I cant get pulled over. Town,County, and State Cops will not bother me yet. I"m not sure if the word got out about the build or not. The Front tire is now much better it tracks nice and straight down the road, shakes a lil in the turns but nothing that would make you fell unsafe. I do ride double some times, as i would my rocket, the only thing with riding double is that with the extra weight of here on back right over the rear tires it gets alot of traction. u-turns are really hard with her because it just wants to push straight. ON to what everyone wants to know the speed. I thought i new what 55mhp sounded like, but after riding for a while my buddy flaged me down to inform me that i had been running around 75mph. The rpms where not really that high, so i'm thinking it could easly do will over 85+mph, but keep in mind this thing is a trike and i have no interest in going that fast.
    Toys
    02 300ex
    08 kfx450r
    04 ktm450sx
    02 xr650 trike
    11 mxz-xrs 800e-tec
    08 gsx500ss

--
    thanks for the update , enjoy
    GOT MUD?:

--
    hall ya!! get'er rag!!

--
    That is a awesome build great job

--
    Another UPDATE:
    yesterday i got pulled over. the DEC gave it a try. when i passed him going down the highway i just new he was the man for the task. Just after passing him i seen him hit his brake lights. So i turned my turning signle on and just waited for the fun to start. After running my plate he came to talk to me, and the fun began. He already seen it had a road plate on it, and not a offroad one. Or plates are diff colors for on or off road. From that point he just scratched his head. First words out of his mouth, I have never seen a atc keep up with trafic like that so i had to see what was going on. i smiled and asked him if he would like to see some of the paperwork for it, and he did. After checking the vin i told him what it was and what i had done, he just smiled. He asked me if the dmv knew, i replied yes it was there idea, then asked me if my insur knew about it, again stated they where aware it was converted into a trike. The final question out of his mouth, how fast does it act go, you where easly staying with trafic around 55mph so what is the top speed. Now there is no way i'm going to tell him well ser i can easly crank 80+, so i simply stated that 55 was hard to stay at, it likes to go a little faster he smiled and let me go on my way. just before we parted ways i stated to him "you made my month, i had been riding this every day just waiting for the moment to get pulled over, i had passed over 12 cops and not a one of them had the ball$ to pull me over, he was the first". He told me to enjoy my hol weekend i told him to do the same.
    Toys
    02 300ex
    08 kfx450r
    04 ktm450sx
    02 xr650 trike
    11 mxz-xrs 800e-tec
    08 gsx500ss

--
    Quote Originally Posted by lilgsxr1000 View Post
    Another UPDATE:
    yesterday i got pulled over. the DEC gave it a try. when i passed him going down the highway i just new he was the man for the task. Just after passing him i seen him hit his brake lights. So i turned my turning signle on and just waited for the fun to start. After running my plate he came to talk to me, and the fun began. He already seen it had a road plate on it, and not a offroad one. Or plates are diff colors for on or off road. From that point he just scratched his head. First words out of his mouth, I have never seen a atc keep up with trafic like that so i had to see what was going on. i smiled and asked him if he would like to see some of the paperwork for it, and he did. After checking the vin i told him what it was and what i had done, he just smiled. He asked me if the dmv knew, i replied yes it was there idea, then asked me if my insur knew about it, again stated they where aware it was converted into a trike. The final question out of his mouth, how fast does it act go, you where easly staying with trafic around 55mph so what is the top speed. Now there is no way i'm going to tell him well ser i can easly crank 80+, so i simply stated that 55 was hard to stay at, it likes to go a little faster he smiled and let me go on my way. just before we parted ways i stated to him "you made my month, i had been riding this every day just waiting for the moment to get pulled over, i had passed over 12 cops and not a one of them had the ball$ to pull me over, he was the first". He told me to enjoy my hol weekend i told him to do the same.
    haha very cool! I will build one for the street someday but I should wait until I can drive legally first. I have some more work to do down your way. I hope you are around when I come down to do it. I really wanna see this thing. P.S thanks for all the parts and being so trusting ,lucky for you I am an honest guy

--
    Thats very cool .. I am impressed , so your build is meeting all the design spec's !! sweet!! keep us in the loop,vid's ,pic's at cool locations!!!
    GOT MUD?:

--
    No prob glad i could help with the parts. If you still have my number get at me a few days ahead of time and we can see if i'm in town or not, you missed out because i have been off the last 3 weeks from work, and i have been riding just about every day. as for vid, i have shot some first point of view with my gopro, but with nothing happening when shooting vid i didn't upload anything. I dont have many friends with bikes anymore we all got back into riding dirt, and most of them sold there bikes.
    Toys
    02 300ex
    08 kfx450r
    04 ktm450sx
    02 xr650 trike
    11 mxz-xrs 800e-tec
    08 gsx500ss

--
    Well I'm about to close on a new house, and i'm not getting to ride my trike anymore, this house is going to be a project, and i'm not going to enjoy the trike, so i have decided to put if up for sale, I have alot of time and some good money invested in this, so before you go offering some offers just keep that inmind. Its located in Cayuga NY if someone wants to see it in person
    Toys
    02 300ex
    08 kfx450r
    04 ktm450sx
    02 xr650 trike
    11 mxz-xrs 800e-tec
    08 gsx500ss

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //