Thread: What is Yamaha up to?

--

What is Yamaha up to?

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=78172579

Notice:

Mark (words only): YFZ

All terrain vehicles and structural parts therefor

Filing Date: 2002-10-09

The Banshee is the YFZ350... the Raptor is YFM660R, the Warrior YFM350X... so, does this mean they are coming out with another two-stroke quad?

--
    uhhh bro you left out the blaster.
    finding a good bike is like finding a good woman, it might or might not happen so hang in there.

--
    OK, what about it?

--
    The Banshee is the YFZ350... the Raptor is YFM660R, the Warrior YFM350X... so, does this mean they are coming out with another two-stroke quad? thats what you said. ok but you forgot to add the blaster in there. i believe its also a yzf
    finding a good bike is like finding a good woman, it might or might not happen so hang in there.

--
    Blaster is a YFS200.

--
    oww yeah but you still didnt mention it when you listed those bikes

--
    OK, what about it?

--
    Its about 10 years too late, but Id love to see a YFZ250, the R killer!

Tri-Z_Jim is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

ummmm

None of the japanese manufactures are working on new 2 stroke quads.Yamaha will quit making the banshee and blaster in a few more years.When that happens I will quit riding all together.Me and 4 strokes dont mesh well.

theeechozen1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I think the only new quads in development are honda's crf450 machine and yami's 450 quad -- the future of the 2 stroke is not looking too good
    1985 YAMI TRI-Z RZ350 POWERED
    1986 250R STOCK WITH FMF & K&N
    1986 TRX70 mini golf cart

TRY AND CATCH ME.....................I HAVE MO CYLINDERS THAN YOU !!!!!

Lots_Of_Nothing is offline So bombed at TF I needed both hands to hold my beer Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    there will be something, just give them time
    Give me no lip and I tell you no lie.

-TF 05' , And cant wait till 06!

--
    GasGas has a sweet 300cc 2 stroke coming out. They're talking 50HP at the rear. That might be the one that gets me back on 2-stokes.
    '02 Honda 416ex - A seasoned blend of 11 herbs and spices
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine and snow plow
    '88 Honda CR250R - Another chapter in my torrid all terrain affair

--
    Honda better get working and put a CR250R engine into a redesigned 250r/400ex frame and sell them. Imagine how many people would buy them then. Banshee killer! hehehehehe
    [20:55] <waterpumper> putting a racing pipe on a Foreman is like putting a high dollar bikini on a 400 pound chick...just because it fits doesn't mean it looks cool

Tri-Z_Jim is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

2 stroke bikes....

will continue to be made but only for closed coarse competition.There was an article at www.racerxill.com a few months back about the new emissions laws that will take effect in 2006(.http://www.racerxill.com/archive_news_0202.cfm#
    The World GP MX circut has modified its classes to accomadate all the new 4stroke race bikes.2 strokes will eventually be discontinued just like our trikes.I wonder if the EPA will ever crack down on all the 2 stroke weedwackers and chainsaws in the world. A 4 stroke chainsaw would weigh a ton and you couldnt use it on its side or upside down.

--
    My guess is that it will be the new YZF 450 motor in a new quad frame for MX and the sort since they don't really have anything out there for that, although I have seen some sick MX Banshees. When these motors hit the bikes they maintaned the YZ and CR designation but with an added F indicating the 4 stroke motor. Of course everyone knows this, but since the 450 will purely be a high performance machine, they gave it the same YFZ designation as the Banshee. This will be a great machine and if Honda really wanted to make a dent in the hi pro world, they would step to as to gettin that CRF 450 in a quad. I don't see us getting any more two strokes.
    Big Darn Mike is a registered trademark. Anyone trying to pose will be dealt with in an orderly Big Darn Mike fashion. J/K (Big Darn Mike is moderately sized at best)
    2002 Banshee with LRD pipes
    1986 350X (sold, not forgotten)
    1971 Ford F250 4x4 with 700+ hp 557 ci big block on the way
    1995 f250 4x4 460 (daily driver)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //