//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trikefest haulers

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Trikefest haulers

Not sure if anybody else is going to care much at all about this thread, but I've been working my arse off on my truck and trailer to take to Trikefest. I've got so much work to do on my rig I don't have all that much time to put into my trikes. We're getting to crunch time, so it should all fall into place. Trikefest is about a 16 hour drive for me.

Did a lot of modifications to the truck this year. I won't go down the list of things that have already been done but I'll say what I still have to do.

Truck/camper

Replace rear brakes

Add dedicated turn signal and third brake light wiring from the truck to the camper and trailer. I want turn signals on the sides of the camper and trailer because the overall length of the rig is about 44 feet. The lines must be dedicated for just blinkers and third brake lights, otherwise the side blinkers will come on with the brakes and the third brake light will blink with the blinkers.

Change diff fluid

Change hydroboost fluid

Change brake fluid

Trailer-

Rebuild all brakes. Two axles, four brakes.

Fix broken spring

Paint trailer

Change out all lights for LED's and add aforementioned turn signals/third brake light.

Move trailer tongue jack so it doesn't interfere with camper

Add interior lighting

Etc, etc, etc....

Last edited by fabiodriven; 04-25-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    looks good! i've been thinking of grabbing a truck camper so i could make some trips. does you truck camper have a bathroom?

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    My camper has everything but A/C, and I never came across a situation where I would have used it with my first camper that I bought last year. I fell in love with truck campers after I got my first one. This one I super-scored on. This one had about 4k dumped into the interior and I picked it up for 2k!

This one has

3 way fridge (brand new). Runs on propane, 12v, or 110 volt

Sleeps 6. The back folds out and becomes another bunk.

Heat

Hot water

Stove and oven (brand new) also with a brand new hood over the stove

New counter tops

Bathroom with crapper, sink, and shower (brand new)

Double kitchen sink

New upholstery and brand new memory foam mattress on the master bunk

Radio with iPod hookup

It's completely self-contained, meaning I can park it wherever I want and do anything I need to. Take a shower, take a dump (before the shower, of course), make a lasagna, rock out (cock out optional), eat ice cream, whatever. Anything electrical runs off of the truck batteries and anything gas runs off of the two propane tanks.

If you've ever considered getting a truck camper, I would highly recommend it. I absolutely love this thing. BigMike here got me into them. I was a tad leery after I got my first one and it was parked in my driveway. I was asking myself what I had gotten myself into. Turns out I got myself into a lot of fun!

Here's a better picture of the camper, although the marker lights have since been changed out for LED's

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Nice ride fabio!!! Your gonna be camping in style.. with all that your not going to want to go back home LOL!!!
    1986 Honda 350X
    1985 Yamaha Tri-Z 250
    2006 Honda TRX400ex,,,(YA! YA!,,,,,I KNOW IT'S ONE OF THEM 4 WHEEL THINGS!!!!!)

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack+for+sp8twn

rray62 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Dude, that is awesome!!!!!!

"chickenhawk"

Thanks to: Cosmic Quads, Moto Tassinari, CT Racing, Keihin Carbs, Sudco, Renthal, Hinson Racing, Race Tech Suspension, Lonestar Racing, Kenda, ASV levers, Maier, Daystar, OMF wheels, Hel brake lines, Gaerne, Fly Racing gear, Rath racing, Dirt Wheels Magazine.

And most of all, thanks to ATVonDemand!

Also like to thank my sponsor for the Trikefest 2013 Devil's Backbone hill climb in reverse Eric Jensen, without him this would have never been possible.....literally!!!!

--
    Hey thanks guys! I'm curious to see what other people are rolling in as well.

--
    you got yourself a hell of a truck right there haha

--
    Ok your truck is nice as hell already, but you went and changed my entire outlook on truck campers lol that thing is king! I want one! I have been wanting to pick up a truck and toy hauler and set the hauler up with bathroom/shower for real camping and showering/ business but this looks like the ticket ! Truck camper for livin and hauler for the toys
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

mollie8000 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    cool as and its a FORD

Big Mike is offline Part time collector of phallic shaped objects. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    You're welcome Fabio, its payback for getting me into Trikes!!! Gonna need a hell of an extension for that trailer huh? Did you buy that from the "crazy" neighbor? I gotta get Skippy running better before trikefest and make up the extension for my trailer too. We are getting down to crunch time. I gotta get off my arse and get in gear and starting getting things done!!!
    Currently Own:
    1985 ATC 250sx
    1986 ATC 350x
    1986 Polaris Scrambler 250R/ES (P3)

Projects/Parts machines:
    1980 ATC 185S

My Feedback Thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/124667-Feedback-for-Big-Mike?highlight=Feedback+for+Big+Mike

--
    My new extension is 34" Mike. You can have the extension I used with that camper if you think it's strong enough for your trailer. I think it's 18".

Big Mike is offline Part time collector of phallic shaped objects. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I will grab it and see if it will be long enough. Were did you get the 34" extension from?
    Currently Own:
    1985 ATC 250sx
    1986 ATC 350x
    1986 Polaris Scrambler 250R/ES (P3)

Projects/Parts machines:
    1980 ATC 185S

My Feedback Thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/124667-Feedback-for-Big-Mike?highlight=Feedback+for+Big+Mike

--
    Now thats the ultimate setup for going riding,racing or just camping.Sweet truck I like the color scheme.Afriend of mine years ago had a trailer like that for gocart racing .He had a shop setup in it.He could rebuild a cart at the races.

--
    Thank you all again for the compliments!

Mike, it's a Draw-Tite extension I got from e.trailer.com.

--
    One man convoy there Fabio!! I will have no problem finding ya..........
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //