//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire MT WASHINGTON RIDE July 22 2012

--
    Too much of a skeleton crew for me....ill be at jericho next weekend for the festival of all festivals.

Dave Little is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

One man skeleton crew

Not sure if the guy from Berlin went, but I got there at 12:30, the last run up was 1pm. I checked in, forfeited my second ticket, fueled up and off I went. I was really in a rush and stressed out from the ride getting to the mountain, almost did not make it. Tourists f*uck everything up here in the summer. I had the gopro going or so I thought -turns out I only got about 10 seconds of footage. I kept having to stop and switch which side of the bike it looked out on making my way up the winding switchbacks. Bike ran good going up, I was heavy on the brakes going down in neutral since all shoes were new and really didn't want to work an unproven (to me) engine too much, and I didn't want to listen to it wind up either.

I did see an 84 200ES there in pretty nice shape at the grilling tent at the base. One of the guys in the club had it just to show it evidently. He had a sign boasting it was an 83 & completely original except the battery. The fact that it was a shaft drive did not escape me. I thought it a bit of a shame- almost put out like you would see something imprisoned at a museum. I'm thinking "ride that thing you dummy"

Ride was nice, I went up in shorts, sneakers, T shirt, skiing goggles and a Panama Jack hat. The summit was 58 degrees and the base was 79. A nice 30 mph west wind cooled things off nicely on top. Being the only trike there I was a king among fools. Guys on 1,500 lb. quads the size of a fiat would sneer at what I was riding while the girls they were with would crack smiles in recognition as I rode by. I got many thumbs up from the motorcycle guys and a lot of odd looks from hikers/cars. People took pictures, little kids asked questions, it was great. I will most certainly be at this ride next year and wouldn't mind approaching the auto road for an independant trike-only ride sometime. Folks ask permission to drive all kinds of vehicles/equipment up the auto road all the time, so they are accustomed to dealing with requests and grant the majority of them.

Enjoy the phone pics gentlemen:

Last edited by Dave Little; 10-12-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    I`ll show you mine if you show me yours......i like the little clicks around here you`re so cute !! You guys need a bag ......for your tools ?

Amater45 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I couldn't make it to the Washington climb but i was at jericho fest and im dang sure i saw you jeff, i followed a 250r up the east side of the town
    1987 Honda FatCat -Gripper seat, +1 front sprocket
    1987 Honda TRX250x- Suppertrapp IDS2, +1 front sprocket, DuraBlue axle, HotCams, 10:1 piston, +2 widened
    1983 Honda 200e BigRed-Has a ViseGrip for a shifter, 'nuff said.
    1971 Honda Trail 90- Original Everything
    Previous Rides:
    1981 Suzuki TS100
    1990 KTM 300exc

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Very good Dave. I wish I could have made it. I'd like to try for sure next year. It was tough with this ride being so close to Trikefest.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Dave Little is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    OK,
    I know this was a while ago but turns out my gopro hero2 was recording for this ride, just not video. It was taking photographs every 5 seconds or so and managed to amass a collection of 1,600+ photographs of the ride. From time to time, I'll post a few of the wall hangers up here to keep the thread going, more after winter and as we get closer to the 2013 ride since it is scheduled to occur earlier than did this year's ride. I know it's early, but I want to see A LOT of trikes at this ride in 2013. I went back and was able to enlarge the pictures in post #62 and here'a a few to enjoy for now: gotta love those dumb looks

I`ll show you mine if you show me yours......i like the little clicks around here you`re so cute !! You guys need a bag ......for your tools ?

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Ya, we really gotta have a good showing at this event next year for sure.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Is it colse to the trikefest date every year??

--
    Not sure Dan, I've only started following it recently. IIRC, the 2011 Ride when I first became aware of it's existence and did not attend was July 23ish. I'm only assuming it was the same weekend every year. If that is the case, 2013 will be the exception, the ride drops before TF on Sunday June 9, a good shakedown cruise with unlimited tickets.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by brrcuda View Post
    ok here we go, seems llike some interest in this ride this year. i havent been up the mountain in like 4 years. so might be a good time to get some trike to go up the auto road? mt washington is the tallest in the northeast and worth the trip up north country for the opportunity.

here is what i know so far. the nhatv.com club hosts this ride each year. the calendar on their website has it marked for the sunday 22nd of july, 2012. they usually do it from 8 am to like 2 pm. they will post the details soon' so i will c
    keep checking for the finite details. this is up in berlin nh area so like 3 hours north of nh/ma border...... where the men are men and umm......

this is a few miles up in the air and if its a clear day can see the ocean. its worth the trip up. can plan an afternoon ride at success trail as well. mountain ride is only like half hour up and half down. hang out at top for a while but not an all day event. so we will ride sowhere else after words to take advantage of north trails. we can discuss this.

lets get some trikes up there this year. it would be cool and we usually get a lot of looks . shine up rides and cruise up the auto road. twisty part pavement and part dirt road. make sure u got good brakes for decent....

need nh registration and usually like 20 $ for entry.

More details to come who's interested????
    Both the fiancée and I attended the Mt. Washington ATV ride. It was beautiful at the top. We took the Outlander 1000 and the Blaster up to the top! We’re planning on doing this ride every year.

You also have a nice collection of trikes!

Pete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTWashington_1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	157069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTWashington_2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	157070  
    Trikes Currently Owned

~1970 Honda US90 - Complete restoration
    ~1974 Honda ATC90 - Complete restoration
    ~1985 Honda Big Red 250ES ATC
    ~1986 Honda 250SX ATC

Looking for a new OEM Hondaline Working Light bracket/stay for my Big Red

Deathrocket is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    might actually make the ride this year lol..

--

4,000 feet and climbing steady....Rag is gittin' it!

--
    I thought trikes were not allowed on the MT Washington ATV road? At least that's what the NHATV club trail administrator told me. I brought up the Outlander and Blaster last year, but I'd be willing to bring the Big Red this year if I could
    Trikes Currently Owned

~1986 Honda 250SX ATC

--
    And you shall Ironbear. We'll be there with you and nobody is going to stop us.

--
    What is the date this year. Id probably ride a four stroke over a two cause of the downhill factor.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    And you shall Ironbear. We'll be there with you and nobody is going to stop us.
    That would be awesome. I'll be bringing the Big Red. I just don't want to drive all the way up there for them to say '3 wheelers are not allowed'. I'm going to register the machine next month. The misses will ride the Can Am.

Roostin, I heard the ATV ride is going to be in June this year, not sure of the exact date.
    Trikes Currently Owned

~1986 Honda 250SX ATC

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //