//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: project Polaris Predator 500X

--
    Quote Originally Posted by predator500X View Post
    beers, hes got a tecate he turned into a bike and it looks terrible!!!
    It looks alot better than that. That quad looks perfectly set up for a spider monkey. and the cosmetics are second to none oh wait there is none! I completely understand why bill casey (converts quads for a living) said that a predator would not be a good choice for a conversion. I applaud the effort though Edit...Here is my comment on his video. "it's not a very strong design. run a tube from the center of that gas tank plate (for lack of a better name) down to the main frame. Triangles are as strong as you can get." real offensive huh?
    Last edited by just ben; 06-11-2012 at 11:23 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Vito View Post
    Ya let's take a three wheeler and make it a fatcat because that would be awesome and never been done before
    show me a tecate that has been done.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by just ben View Post
    It looks alot better than that. That quad looks perfectly set up for a spider monkey. and the cosmetics are second to none oh wait there is none! I completely understand why bill casey (converts quads for a living) said that a predator would not be a good choice for a conversion. I applaud the effort though Edit...Here is my comment on his video. "it's not a very strong design. run a tube from the center of that gas tank plate (for lack of a better name) down to the main frame. Triangles are as strong as you can get." real offensive huh?
    not that comment your other stupid comment( looks like it handles like a turd) IMO this is a three wheeler forum and that is what we built. You took apart a three wheeler and made a dirtbike with small fat tires like a fatcat or bigwheel. There is a forum for that also. I not knocking your ride at all it's a fast bigwheel I'm sure but it's not a trike anymore.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Vito View Post
    not that comment your other stupid comment( looks like it handles like a turd) IMO this is a three wheeler forum and that is what we built. You took apart a three wheeler and made a dirtbike with small fat tires like a fatcat or bigwheel. There is a forum for that also. I not knocking your ride at all it's a fast bigwheel I'm sure but it's not a trike anymore.
    It's a threewheeler forum with sub forums for any type of machine.You did knock it along with your buddy And is why I went on the defensive. Is turning a trike into a bike an origanal idea? no. A tecate ? no but has anyone actually done it before?As far as saying that it handles like a turd I don't remember saying it but I don't doubt it.It sounds like something I would say,I call it like I see it. Infact if you read into my custom build thread I said my own machine handled like shilt. It took almost as much to get it to handle good as it to build.You guys may or may not get it right but IMO I just don't think it's ther yet.

--
    The mods are watching guys. Take it easy. Discussion is fine but this is borderline on be coming something that will get locked and temporary bans handed out. Play nice.

Anyway, my 2 cents. I like it, it's pretty cool, sounds/looks like its got plenty of power. I do have to agree I'd be a little concerned about the strength up top, those vids look like you're riding it a bit more aggressively than was planned as described in the build. I would wonder if you could find a slightly shorter gastank from another quad that would let you shorten it up a hair. That is a really long reach. Doesn't look like you could steer it sitting on the seat.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    no need louis

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Mielke View Post
    Anyway, my 2 cents. I like it, it's pretty cool, sounds/looks like its got plenty of power. I do have to agree I'd be a little concerned about the strength up top, those vids look like you're riding it a bit more aggressively than was planned as described in the build. I would wonder if you could find a slightly shorter gastank from another quad that would let you shorten it up a hair. That is a really long reach. Doesn't look like you could steer it sitting on the seat.
    I agree it is a little weird. I didn't design it I just built it lol. Eric told my how he wanted it and I tried to make it work and it does work better than I thought it would. Even with my fifteen years of steel fabricating experience it was quite a challenge adding to that frame to make it strong. After that full day of testing and beatin it on some tough trails its definetly strong.If it was mine sure I would have used a motorcycle tank or trike tank with some scoops or something like that. This is my first attempt with a conversion like and it won't be my last. I did learn some things during this build that will make the next one better. I would love to buy one from Bill Casey (TPC trikes) but that's big money for one of those machines.
    Last edited by Louis Mielke; 06-13-2012 at 08:18 AM.

--
    Oops I somehow messed up the quote

- I fixed it. -Louis
    Last edited by Louis Mielke; 06-13-2012 at 08:18 AM.

--
    couple new things done got some front plastics on there plus my pro armor nerf bars, rebuilt the carb today ready to ride sunday!!

--

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 200x350xtriz250 View Post
    What is the front fender off of originally?
    Looks like the original Predator fender to me.

I personally kind of want a Predator for myself. The power of a 450 and 1000 times more reliable.
    08 Outlaw 525s
    07 CRF70
    04 Harley FLHRCI
    04 TRX90
    03 XR650R
    03 400EX- XR650R engine
    02 XR100R

01 Banshee
    00 XR50R
    00 XR70R

99 PW50
    99 JR50
    96,95 Sportsman 400
    95 Xplorer 400
    94 Indy XLT
    87 Trail Boss
    86,86,86,86,86 Scrambler

86 TRX70 x2
    85 ATC350X
    85,84 ATC250R

85 Red Tecate
    85 LT50 x2
    84 XR500R
    84,84,84,84,83,82,80,79 ATC70
    82,79 XL500R

83 ALT50
    79,78,77,77,76 XT/TT500
    76,75,74 XL70
    72,71,71,71 SL70

72 Harley FX
    72,71,70,70,70,70,70 CT70H
    72 SL100
    70,69 Z50

--
    yup front fender is from predator just cut and zip tie, gonna have Vito make a strip of alum and rivit it together for a better look and hold but this works for this sunday (i hope)

--
    Awesome build man!,Its always good to have more trikes in the world!...but what you need is a 250r fender bolted under the triples
    My 3WW Feedback Thread:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...back-for-D-dub

Salut Gilles

--
    Cool project man... have fun!

--
    i already have enough honda parts on this, i still want to keep the predator look, a 250r fender would take away with that but thx for the suggestion D-dub

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //