//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: '84 Honda Big Red 200ES

--
    Well, I got the new carb and intake manifold in the mail today, and got them put on this evening. After a little bit of tinkering, I got the thing to start. It sounded much better than it did before, but once again would only run with the choke. I only got it to start a couple of times before it refused to start anymore. I finally gave up for the night. The fuel tank is pretty low, so I'm going to put more gas in it tomorrow and try again.

I did notice that the throttle needle assembly is slightly different on the new carb, and I now have to push the throttle in further to get the same effect.

Wish me luck tomorrow!

--
    It's running! I found it it wouldn't start because the fuel line from the tank to the carb was blocked. I blew my air compressor up there and dislodged whatever was blocking it, and fuel started flowing. The three-wheeler started up, and after about 60 seconds, it would run without the choke on.

Only problem now is that it won't idle--it dies if I let off the throttle. I suspect I just need to adjust the idle screw. Any tips on that, or any other things I should do on a newly-installed carb?

Thanks for everyone's help and support - I look forward to working with you guys more on here!

--
    Update: I tinkered with the idle screw, and got her to idle just fine. Next step: it's "popping" from time to time. I found out it's a leak between the intake manifold and the engine--when I spray carb cleaner in the area, it dies. I went to Autozone and put a new o-ring on there, but it wasn't quite as thick as the old one. Think I might go by O'Reilly's this afternoon and see what kind of O-ring/gaskets they have. Can't seem to find any online.

Getting there!

tripowersport is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    GOOD your getting there, keep it up let us know how it goes and send pic's if you can. Good job and Good luck.

tripowersport is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Here is the manual if you need it. http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

maxdallasfan is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Lemon pledge?

--
    What Do you mean?

--
    Running beautifully. My daughter drove it down to the barn tonight.

Here are some pics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	150366
    Ain't she beautiful? The yellow is an attempt at patching the seat that my grandfather did with a bit of carpet. Still holding tight.

Name:	photo copy 2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	150367
    Here you can see the foot pedal that my grandfather rigged up so he could drive with no hands! Still works after almost 30 years.

Name:	photo copy 3.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	259.8 KB 
ID:	150368
    Here's the new carb and intake manifold I put on.

--
    Awesome! I knew you would get it. Fuel/Carb problems are a pain but they can be fixed with time and little money. Did you find a better o-ring then i take it? I just got done tearing mine apart and replacing that o-ring between the intake and engine as well, no more roaming idle depending on temp outside. Finally! She will sit and idle smooth indefinitely now without any change in engine speed.

Nice looking 84! The racks and plastics look pretty good on the old girl. You can get a new seat cover for about $25 off ebay and they aren't that hard to do, or if you have a local upholstery shop they could do it pretty easy to. The nice thing about the 84 seat is the contours of the seat pretty much let you stretch a piece over it and done. Mine is still on its stock cover believe it or not. When that goes i plan on having a local shop redo it in real leather, why? Cause the guy is an artist with cowhide and it would sure look nice.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    awesome!!!! looks like its ready for another 30years of fun!!!!!!!!
    1986 Honda 350X
    1985 Yamaha Tri-Z 250
    2006 Honda TRX400ex,,,(YA! YA!,,,,,I KNOW IT'S ONE OF THEM 4 WHEEL THINGS!!!!!)

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack+for+sp8twn

--
    Nice and Good Job! Now just when the time is rite pass it down to you kids.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //