//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bought a 1983 Honda Atc 200

--
    Should run good with the new carb! You will still probably end up tweaking the mixture screw a bit i know i had to on my aftermarket carb. Get it running first and take it for a spin though and then pull the plug and see how its looking. You can learn a lot by reading a spark plug!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--

Throttle Valve on new carb

The throttle valve on the new carb where you push the gas has no resistance. Like it isn't moving the needle up and down any clues

--
    did you put the spring back in the top of the carb? Also make sure your slide is placed correctly in the carburetor throat.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    The Spring is in the top of the carb and the slide is placed in correctly. ON the troat, I pushed the wire through the hole at the top with the sping in it, ran it along the side of the throat with the slot it it and hooked it at the bottom of the throat. I do believe that is right. Could there be something wrong with the throttle cable coming from the pusher on the handle bars? something loose in that housing?..

Is there a tightner on the cable any where?

remsandpets is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    THAT is one hell of a rack on your 200. Is that OEM or custom made? How is the carb coming along?
    Russ J in SW PA
    83 Honda 200 (fishing and hunting "rig")
    83 Honda 185 (parts)
    95 Polaris Xplorer 300 4x4 (WIP)

--
    I think it was custom made My dad welds... carb good, other not to good.... where you press the button to lift the throttle valve is not working.. I know I put everything on right, i was just wondering if some thing was wrong with the cable or the housing on the handle bars....

--
    you sure your slide is in the throat correctly? It can be 180 degrees out. Turn it 180 and see if it slides into the throat further.

--
    I am 100% positive. I made sure to do that when i put it on. I did what the sevice manual said. After you mention it I went back and checked it is all the way down 100%... I noticed that when I cleaned the old carb out.

--
    so when you use the thumb throttle, there is no tension? you're telling me the slide isn't moving?

--
    well when you say it like that EXACTLY!!! ( I am really bad with words)

--
    there is an adjustment on the throttle housing itself. You have to slide the rubber boot back off the throttle housing and you will see the adjustment underneath. The throttle lever should have 1/8-5/8 play in it.

--
    If I have no tention is that going to be enough play to tighten it?........ Could something have happened in the housing itself (like come loose or something)?

--
    "The throttle valve on the new carb where you push the gas has no resistance. Like it isn't moving the needle up and down any clues "

Explain the above to me....I am not understanding your problem

--
    The cable on the the running from the throttle housing, (on the handle bars) to to the carb is not moving or has no tension at all when I press the gas. when I crank the bike and press the gas absolutely nothing happens. The throttle valve is not moving. I thought I put on the cable wrong or didn't place the valve correctly in the carb, but all of that is in correctly. I just have not tention from the cable to the valve.

you said "there is an adjustment on the throttle housing itself. You have to slide the rubber boot back off the throttle housing and you will see the adjustment underneath. The throttle lever should have 1/8-5/8 play in it." I was asking if I have no tention, would it be enough to tighten the cable on the throttle housing to allow the bike to run properly.

--
    No, that won't work. Did you just buy a new throttle cable? It almost sounds like your throttle cable is too long

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //