//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a 1983 Honda Atc 200

--
    Didn't buy a new throttle cable just a new carb. The cable worked fine on the old carb.. you can see the type of carb I bought from ebay a on the first page.

--
    did you compare the internals of both carbs to see what is missing or different between the two?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    The new one the looks to be slightly bigger than the one on the old carb. However, when I took all of them off and pressed the button on the housing. It didn't move the cable at all. I am thinking something is wrong in the house. the cable isnt' moving at all.

--
    have you tried to put your old carb back on to see if the old carb and the thumb throttle works?

--
    yes it doesn't.

--
    so the old carb and thumb throttle didn't work when you first bought it, or did this just start happening when you took it all apart?

--
    No it worked before i took it apart. I took the old carb off and pressed the thumb throttle on it and whatched the needle go up and down. Then I had a buddy over this weekend and was showing him some stuff on it and he pushed the thumb throttle, something happened and it quit working after that. I don't know what he did though. Now i push the thumb throttle with something attached to it, nothing happens.

When I push the thumb throttle with nothing attached to it, nothing happens. It acts like it never worked.... I could rev the engine up when I first bought it. It just now stopped working.

--
    I called my buddy, he said when he pushed it it got stuck...... and it wouldn't release.. I guess I will open up the housing... what do you think?
    Last edited by Big-B; 08-10-2012 at 07:38 PM.

--
    One of two things... The cable broke or it came off up in the throttle housing. Sounds like you might be due for a new cable!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    yuck!! Thanks

--
    I have been soaking my gas tank in apple cider vinegar for for about 36 hour I am leaving this weekend, do I need to go ahead and empy it out or will it hurt to leave in in over the weekend?

--
    Check its progress, maybe drain, flush, and refill with fresh vinegar and let it sit over the weekend.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    Sounds like a choke situation

--
    if it got stuck when he pushed it, it is probably either the cable (broke) or something isn't working correctly in the thumb throttle housing.

--
    Great news, Gas tank clean, new carb works, and opened the housing and the the cable was off.

Bad news; Cranked the bike ran great for about 20 seconds and then stopped. Now I can get it to turn over and crank but it will not stay cranked over a about 4 seconds. pressing the gas makes it die faster. Put a new spark plug in old spark plugs was black around the bottom.. thought it may be the idle but can't get it to stay cranked long enough to find out. Could it be the condenser making it kill so fast?

Also... I found a couple of pin holes in my gas tank what can I use to close that up? I do have some jb weld....
    Last edited by Big-B; 08-12-2012 at 10:32 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //