//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My slow projects thread

--
    Yea hc camo has a lot of awesome stuff I went to the owners shop a while back to pick up my 330r he also does powder coating

--
    Any updates??

--
    No updates as of yet. Still trying to find a green rear fender. Still have plans to send parts out to powdercoating next...
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

--
    Hi,

This has been a long time coming.... Life decided that I wasn't going fast enough and sped things up to wide open throttle, means I haven't had time to work on the bikes much! But now that's changing. To give a fresh assessment of what's going on:

-All Balls steering neck bearings purchased
    -DG Silencer bought
    -Aftermarket kill switch bought
    -Front tire bought
    -Rear Maier fender bought

All of this occurred over the last 5 years

Still on the list, in no particular order:

-Front wheel bearings
    -Rear carrier bearings
    -Swingarm bearings
    -All bearings for rear suspension linkages
    -Powdercoat frame
    -Rebuild front forks
    -Find a different rear shock (I hear 300EX rear shock is popular?)
    -Fix crack in rear swinger/find a different swinger
    -Powdercoat rear bearing carrier
    -Powdercoat rear axle
    -Maybe find a NOS DG pipe, looks like they don't make them anymore, or fix the one I have (it won't be purty)
    -Powdercoat rear swingarm
    -Maybe find Maier front fender
    -Hi-Flite tank cover
    -Find a good KX cylinder
    -New levers

I think that's roughly it for now. I'm a slow worker and I tinker in my spare time so don't hold your breath I'm certain the engine probably needs at least a topend rebuild at the minimum as well, no telling what the condition is as it's been 5 years since it last ran. My hope is to find a KX cylinder that I can use, I practically gave away mine a number of years ago (but I'm glad it's getting used).

----------------------

Short story on what I've been up to.

-Bought a Kawasaki KLR650 in mid 2012
    -Went on many adventures between 2012 and early 2015
    -Sold KLR650 early 2015
    -Bought Yamaha FJ-09 4 hours after selling KLR650
    -Been road adventuring ever since
    -Bought a Polaris RZR800 Robby Gordon Edition in late 2016
    -Acquired Yamaha Rhino 660 Special Edition shortly after RZR

There, now we're all up to speed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15776858_10212534088574137_8584489474720198689_o.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	214.0 KB 
ID:	246723
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16406819_10212804967345937_1905962224916503375_n.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	246724
    Last edited by Xpress; 10-04-2017 at 03:40 PM.
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Glad to see you back!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Glad to see you back!
    Good to be back I guess

Decided to turn this into a thread for all my projects. The other project on the table right now is my 110, it's a hodge podge of years that I've averaged into a 1980 model (so says the frame). My biggest issue right now is it's refusing to run and that's most likely because of the carb, cheap Chinese JUNK. I have a 16mm Mikuni carb sitting on my table right now that I'm going to use, problem is the choke is on the wrong side. Having a buddy modify one of my intake manifolds to jettison 45 degrees out the side of the engine to allow full use of the carbs functions. Will also order a new throttle cable, thumb throttle assembly (no twist for me), and a push button kill switch.

Not pictured is the f*$%ing drain plug bolt stripped completely out of the engine case- this is the 3rd engine I've put on the bike as well, the first engine dropped a gear in the trans, the 2nd did something that I can't remember, and now this 3rd boat anchor is just a mess of issues and it's been dissuading me from continuing on with the project. So back to the first engine and it's gears, or lack there of...

Looks like the shift drum may need replacing....

Of course you can't find those anywhere which means I might have to tear down the other 2 engines just to pillage parts from them. Ordered a magneto puller tool (bolt) off of ebay with the claims of it fitting all years of magneto engine ATC110's so we will see how that goes. I'll be sending both the cylinder and the head off to be refurbished, and the case pieces are all going to get a chemical bath to clean them up.

A buddy made mention of him possibly remaking Bandito frames, he has an old one he is going to copy and possibly start offering them- I told him I'm interested as I'd love to rid the bike of the cheesy pressed frame.

And now a happy picture of the 110 since seeing it in this state is depressing me...

Hell let's throw a happy Tecate picture in here too.

Last edited by Xpress; 10-01-2017 at 07:50 PM.
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    A heli-coil should square away your drain plug no problem.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    A heli-coil should square away your drain plug no problem.
    The helicoil I'm not worried about, I can do that no problem, it's the condition of the rest of the engine. I'd like to get an engine rebuilt with a fresh topend to put in it so that's what I'll do with the other engine on my bench.
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

--
    Does anyone know what the stock bulb style is on the round headlights for the 110?
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

--
    Alright, had to have one of my old intakes modded to fit the Mikuni (I have several intakes on hand), slapped that sucker on there and threw fuel at it, why hell the darn thing fired right up first pull. It runs, but barely, runs very lean. Will be going up several sizes in jets to see if I can't get the beast to run good, though this engine is probably at the end of its service life- nice big blue plumes of smoke coming out the tail and lots of racket coming from inside.

I did huck it around the block real quick, she runs but tends to fall on her face on the gas. Surprising how much torque these things make right off of idle, pulls wheelies for days

While I'm here, does anybody have a good diagram as to how the seat latch is assembled? Mine decided to disappear one day and I need to implement a replacement.
    Last edited by Xpress; 10-07-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //