//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th annual Battle at the Barn Coke Syrup on Concrete Oval Races Jan 25/26 Des Moines

--

5th annual Battle at the Barn Coke Syrup on Concrete Oval Races Jan 25/26 Des Moines

Get those machines lowered and put on those tiny tires. The 5th annual Battle at the Barn races are coming up January 25th and 26th in Des Moines Iowa. This is Coke Syrup sprayed on Concrete small Oval Racing and not for the timid. Pays $300 to win and there is only 6 to 10 Outlaw 3 Wheelers that show up for this event each year so the odds are pretty good that you will make some money. Friday is practice and Saturday is the races. Its a lot of fun. They race quads, cycles, go carts and about anything else you can think of including riding Lawn Mowers and Golf Carts. Watch this site for more info.

http://battleatthebarn.com/index.html

Randy
    No Need for Brakes, When in Doubt, GAS IT!

--
    Blog Entries
    Man another year... rollin up ...looks like maybe next year.... wonder how much for a plane ticket for the weekend..I need something to stimulate me on this..

jsmay is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I'd love to see this in person... Maybe a family trip!
    200x race parts needed

--
    X2. This looks fun . That #7 seemed to have a good line.
    250r rules

--
    Do you know if I would be allowed to run Trish, my Banshee conversion, in the outlaw class? I REALY want to do this...just might have to come up with my owne "missile kit"...or would some 16in tires on 8in wheels work? offset rear end and stagger the tires? Basically, I don't have any more money to invest into racing this year...but if it can be done on the cheap, i might be there!
    SAY IT!!!!!
    85 1/2 Tri-Z - The Trail Bike w/Inverts
    85 Tri-Z - The wifes Bike
    85 Tri-Z - The MX/ICE Bike, 310 w/Inverts
    12 Tri-Shee - The Flat Track/TT Bike w/Inverts

NYTRO - New York Trike Racing Outlaws - COME GIT SOME!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    X2. This looks fun . That #7 seemed to have a good line.
    #7 won that year. Fast Eddie Bergman-Topeka Kansas-86 TriZ 250

--
    Quote Originally Posted by zmpolaristech View Post
    Do you know if I would be allowed to run Trish, my Banshee conversion, in the outlaw class? I REALY want to do this...just might have to come up with my owne "missile kit"...or would some 16in tires on 8in wheels work? offset rear end and stagger the tires? Basically, I don't have any more money to invest into racing this year...but if it can be done on the cheap, i might be there!
    Its a Outlaw Class so any 3 Wheeler is allowed home built or not. No engine limits, all one class. 16" tires with Banshee power should work as long as you air them up nice and hard. Its all left turns so kick the right rear out as far as you can and bring the left rear in as close as you can. Lower the whole machine. Most remove the rear shock completely. No suspension works on concrete. Do it!

rjs89ia is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    i know a few people in des moines wish i still lived in iowa id go up there and make a weekend out of it

--
    Blog Entries
    come on mckane lets fly out .. and then gear up for next year...

--
    Well Guys and Gals. Its this weekend. We are heading out in the morning (Friday) Pits open at noon, practice at 6PM to 10PM then Saturday is more practice, heats and main, then the beer drinking begins

--
    Anxiously wait for pics and results. Also what kind of front tires and wheels are guys running.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Anxiously wait for pics and results. Also what kind of front tires and wheels are guys running.
    The winning Tri Z #7 of Fast Eddie Bergman runs Hoosier's all the way around. Here is what the front one looks like.

And lots of stagger on the rear

And this is what it looked like 3 years ago before we built the better nerf bars

Here is a picture taken this past weekend that shows the nerfs now. Mike Cook is on the left with his Honda and Eddie on the right with the winning machine. They pretty much spend the whole day cleaning and prepping tires and messing with width and stagger as the track changes over the two day, 4 practice sessions, 2 heats races and the Main Event race weekend.

Last edited by radrandy2001; 01-28-2013 at 07:29 PM.

--
    Blog Entries
    awesome love the Nerfs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
    I am trying to get some pics loaded up and some vids edited so hang in there but for now I have the link to the Pro Photo Guys site and how to find some pics. Super high quailty too. Follow these instructions

Go here http://www.photoreflect.com/store/store.aspx?p=25540

Then click on the link for Battle at the Barn on the right

On the next screen click on “continue’

Look for the thumbnail that ends in #21

Once that opens, look at the bottom for page #3 and you will see some 3W pics toward the bottom.

If you click on one it will enlarge and you can use an arrow or “next” to advance.

Once you are done with that page click on “back to thumbs” in the upper right.

Now look to the right side for a skinny white box with some numbers in it. Click on the little arrow and a drop down box will let you pick more albums. The pics are scattered throughout these albums but here are the ones you want to look at as they appear in that white box. Look for the last 2 numbers.

#21 page 3 pics at bottom
    #23 page 5 pics at bottom
    #24 page 2 pics in middle
    #28 page 2 pics at top
    #29 page 2 pics in middle
    #29 page 5 pics at top
    #12 page 5 pics in middle
    #13 page 3 pics at top
    #14 page 9 pics in middle
    #15 page 2 pics at bottom
    #17 page 3 pics at bottom
    #18 page 2 pics at bottom

Randy

--
    Thank you for posting the pic. I'm gathering parts for a first gen Tecate flat tracker and have seen a few pics from a distance of a couple that had raced up there. Do you happen to have any close up pics or details on their setups? Thanks again Randy, I can't get enough of these bikes.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //