//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1981 Kawasaki KLR200 Restore

--

1981 Kawasaki KLR200 Restore

Hello all, I just picked up a 3 wheeler for dirt cheap. I really want to jump in there and get this thing fixed up. So far, I know I need to replace the air cleaner, fuel lines, fuel filter, front wheel bearings, repair wiring. But I have some questions on the intake/vacuum for this 3 wheeler. I saw a exploded view of the air cleaner for this thing and some of the parts are discontinued by Kawasaki, so where can I get after market? Also, how do the fuel lines attach to the 3 wheeler? Anyone have some diagram's on how they are routed?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2838-1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	157632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2836-1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	157633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2837-1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	157634  

--
    My Bad.. Its a 1981 KLT200-A. I was looking at the air box, and I cant find any vacuum lines on it. Could I just put a K&N style air filter on it? Does this 3 wheeler have a fuel pump, or is it fed gas by vacuum?

--
    Will this fuel pump work for my 3 wheeler? How many liters per hour did this 3 wheeler suck up? http://www.bikebandit.com/mikuni-fuel-pump?m=150562

--
    not sure what it should pump out but if its not working just pick up a pump from a auto parts store cheapest one it will work fine i just took my fuel pump apart cleaned it and put it back on works fine now ive also got a klt-200a mines a 83 just looking for some tires for it right now not to many people on here that know much bout them i guess cause there not that common like honda and yamaha but i maybe wrong

--
    and far as parts you have to just buy a parts 3 wheeler or order from bikebandit.com or ebay no vacuum on it my gas tank is not in the same spot i would just run it as straight as you can i dont think curving it would hurt it just dont run it under the frame as long as fuel is pumping though it your good that mikuni fuel pump should work fine

--
    My fuel pump is missing all together. It wasnt on the bike when I bought it. Also, the gas tank has 2 hose's coming off of it. One on the bottom and one on top. I am assuming that the fuel line on the bottom connect to the fuel pump, but what does the top one connect too?

So your saying that I could go to autozone or Oriely's and pick up a little fuel pump for this bike??

--
    i think the top hose is the vent

--
    Ok, what does it vent too? Also, what does the black tube hanging off the bottom of the carb connect too? Does it just hang down? A guy told me its a overflow and will drip fuel to the ground if the carb gets too much fuel in it. Is that right?

--
    Zagames can probably answer anybquestion you have on this. Pm him.
    Keep on Triking!!!! "I am the NIGHT RIDER!!!"

RIP Ninja!

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-thestud25

Trike Fest 2011, 2012 Vet!
    Founding member of the Haspin 6ft Bats Club!!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    86 Kawasak KLT110. All documentation, bought from original owner.
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

--
    well they dont sell ones for it you just get a cheap fuel pump mount it and use it

--
    Thank you everyone for all the info, manuals, advice, etc.. I have lots of notes and plans for my little 3 wheeler. Gonna gather my funds and start buying parts. I will update the post once I get her runnin..

--
    Well, I sure had my work cut out for me. I put new oil, oil filter, spark plug, ignition coil, fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel filter, air breather, and a carb rebuild. I am also using a lawn mower battery for power. LoL.. Oh and I had rewire the whole thing with a wiring schematic from this site. So everything was going great, I had her running!!! Then disaster. The coil that was on there was from a motorcycle. I left it on there just to see if she ran with it, and she did. Sounded like a beast! Then no more spark. Used a volt meter to test all my wiring. Coil was getting power. So I replaced it. And now I have 2 dead coils. For some reason my trike keeps burning up coils. I am curious if my riding lawn mower battery has too much power for the little coil. Or am I hooking it up backwards or something?? Attaching photo. I am not sure how to attach photo's so I am doing my best. Let me know what you think. Oh, in the photo you can see some black stuff that has oozed out of the coil.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-18 19.52.48.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	250.2 KB 
ID:	161252

--
    Come on guys, I need some help! why am I blowing coils? HELP!

--
    Hello all. Yes I am still blowing coils. I think the capacitor is the problem. It was connected when I got it and the guy never said anything about it blowing coils. Let me know what you think. Here is the wiring diagram. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/oldsite...ngDiagram1.jpg

--
    not sure if you r still messing w this trike, but i have manuals and schematics and some of the same issues with my 81 klt200.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //