//ArrowChat Code
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: How to reproduce parts.

--
    350xman Not sure.....have found myself thinking about holding a back massager to the shell mold recently out of curiosity. The last shell I tapped the mold (its in a hard box) with a lightly. I suppose it could work but may also dislodge other pockets of air though not many but all it takes is one in a not favorable spot. I have to do some in a few days maybe I’ll rig up some sort of vibrating table.

John, trikefest is looking like a 50/50 trip for me, if I don’t make it you’ll have a package coming to you before you leave (something for you+the prize table if u feel it’s worthy)

Alright, gotta go to work.....
    Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 06-05-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    To the top.......

I never had the fortunate opportunity to meet John but appreciated his expertise here.

Prayers for his family.

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 350xman View Post
    Hey Guys

Just curious if using some type of vibrator method would get rid of the air bubbles out of your plastic cast piece that is to big to fit in a pressure pot? Have you guys ever tried to do this and if so did it work or not work? Thanks.

350xman
    I'm not a expert, but I have some experience.

The pressure pot doesn't get rid of the air bubbles per-say. It actually causes them to compress into tiny to very tiny bubbles depending on the pressure used in the chamber. Using a pressure chamber will cause the parts to be harder. This can be good, or it can be very bad depending on the hardness that the part needs to be.

Note: vacuuming the mix before it's put in the mold causes the bubbles to expand and thus rise to the top faster and makes for minimal air bubbles if done properly. Almost all 2 part compounds need to be vacuumed before molding. A.C.R. resin has a set up time in 60-90 seconds. Thus it is one of the few resins that you have to be very fast at mixing, vacuuming, and pouring ( 60 seconds ). Sometimes I don't vacuum the ACR resin mix. I take my chances on air bubbles.

Vacuuming the resin mix in the mold: I have tried putting the resin mix ( 3 different types ) into the mold and then Vacuuming it while it is in the mold. It was not pretty at all. The 3 parts and 1 mold had to be throwed away. Not to mention the massive amount of time I had to take to clean the vacuum chamber out. Never again!!!!!

I don't have a pressure chamber set up yet. But I have the stuff to make it. Once I get my drive back to get back into the molding room I will put the Pressure chamber together and start using it for some stuff.
    Howdy

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //