//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Haspin Acres Motocross, Anyone Interested?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by nstyle73 View Post
    The possibility intrigues me, but as I have NO experience with motocross. I wouldn't even know what I was biting off. I am about an hour and a half from Indy, which is an hour from Haspin? I could definitely come up with a bike that would match up to my limited skills, but I don't even know what a typical good setup for MX is on a 3 wheeler. Obviously, TPC, and/or inverts and a wider axle, but beyond that I'm at a loss. So, put me down as an interested.
    The most important thing is having a good running machine with freshly gone through suspension. Lots of the old trikes have worn out suspension. Getting it back to at least stock performance is a must, or your frame will crack up.

If your machine is running well, all you really need is a kill switch. If you want something a little more race ready this list will get you started, and if you are a good rider, you could be pretty competitive.
    1. Kill Switch
    2. Get comfortable handlebars
    3. 18 inch tires. Kenda Scorpions and ungrooved Turf Tamers provide some traction and slide easily.
    4. Extended Axle, Lone Star, or DuraBlue an help you.
    5. Performance exhaust, remove airbox lid, change jetting.

The next steps would be custom suspension, followed by more motor mods if necessary. You don't need inverted forks or big bore aftermarket cylinders if you want to do vintage classes. Those mods are generally limited to open classes. In three wheeler motocross, a little talent and hard work will go a lot farther then a ton of aftermarket parts.

Most of us who will be racing Haspin, have raced together in the past. We tend to be pretty respectful of one another's space on the track as locking wheels is about the worst thing that can happen. I would be more worried about getting hurt in a quad class due to their level of enthusiasm vs sense of self preservation. We try to keep it as safe as possible, all things considered.

Would you rather race the big or small track? Check out the videos above if you aren't sure.
    Last edited by ATV On Demand; 12-15-2012 at 05:46 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by xrider View Post
    If it is the small track I am interested.
    The small track was great when Rob told them changes needed to be made or people would be hurt. Excellent job from anyone that worked on it, much safer and allot of us are in the 35 to 45 age group.

The big track? Have you seen it? It's made for top riders or your gonna get hurt........
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    The small track was great when Rob told them changes needed to be made or people would be hurt. Excellent job from anyone that worked on it, much safer and allot of us are in the 35 to 45 age group.

The big track? Have you seen it? It's made for top riders or your gonna get hurt........
    Is this another vote for the small track Crasher? Didn't know if you were thinking about attending or just providing some input? We'd love to see you show up if we put something together.

If we do a night race, it would be good if we could get there early enough to go ride the big track. I think if people rode it more it wouldn't be so intimidating. I grew up riding that track, and forget that I get to film great riders, I'm just an average ATV rider and an inexperienced trike rider at best. I don't let the speed of the big track get to me because I have very respectful control of that variable lever on the right side of the handlebars. You guys not running twist throttles know what I am talking about.
    Last edited by ATV On Demand; 12-27-2012 at 11:37 PM.

--
    Yes, I'd like to go every year and always about 10 days........

That smaller track was looking great and the races went relatively well.

I'm a bit too self reliant to click up to fourth and nail the throttle on that big track
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Yes, I'd like to go every year and always about 10 days........

That smaller track was looking great and the races went relatively well.

I'm a bit too self reliant to click up to fourth and nail the throttle on that big track
    You are aware that we are talking about doing some racing at Haspin on another date aside from Trikefest right? So, you are interested in coming and racing with us, as long as we are on the small track, correct?

--
    Yeah!!!! a race that doesn't take me 6 hours to get to. Count me in please, either track is good!

--
    You got it!

--

Proposed dates

I spoke to Brian Morgan again yesterday and told him that it looks like we have more then enough people to get our required five machines on the line. His attitude toward three-wheels is very positive, reminding me to give him a heads up a week or so before each race, so that he has plaques for us.

Haspin is only doing two night races this year, one in the spring and one in the fall. I figured we could do a night race in the spring and then do a race on the big track after Trikefest, that way everyone can get some track experience before we run the big track. We could practice on the big track the day of the night race, and get some more seat time on it at Trikefest.

April, 7, Night Race
    August, 4, Big Track

Please let me know which dates you can make. i would rather reschedule in case of rain, rather instead of running my newly restored machine through muddy clay. If you guys still want to run, have at it.
    Last edited by ATV On Demand; 01-23-2013 at 04:24 PM.

--
    The April 7 night race has been changed to a Sunday day race, although it will still be held on the night track. This will be a good opportunity to get a jump on the competition for Trikefest. Okay small track racers, who's in?

--
    Sunday is for sure a no go for me, its 7 hours down home from a night race.

Sorry!
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

rray62 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I'll definitely be there, I should be fully healed by then. I've decided that one product test of the neck brace is enough!

"chickenhawk"

Thanks to: Cosmic Quads, Moto Tassinari, CT Racing, Keihin Carbs, Sudco, Renthal, Hinson Racing, Race Tech Suspension, Lonestar Racing, Kenda, ASV levers, Maier, Daystar, OMF wheels, Hel brake lines, Gaerne, Fly Racing gear, Rath racing, Dirt Wheels Magazine.

And most of all, thanks to ATVonDemand!

Also like to thank my sponsor for the Trikefest 2013 Devil's Backbone hill climb in reverse Eric Jensen, without him this would have never been possible.....literally!!!!

--
    Is there any new info on this race at haspin april 7th?

rray62 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I've been waiting to see if anyone else was committed to coming

"chickenhawk"

Thanks to: Cosmic Quads, Moto Tassinari, CT Racing, Keihin Carbs, Sudco, Renthal, Hinson Racing, Race Tech Suspension, Lonestar Racing, Kenda, ASV levers, Maier, Daystar, OMF wheels, Hel brake lines, Gaerne, Fly Racing gear, Rath racing, Dirt Wheels Magazine.

Also like to thank my sponsor for the Trikefest 2013 Devil's Backbone hill climb in reverse Eric Jensen, without him this would have never been possible.....literally!!!!

--
    If you guys end up without enough to run, you are welcome to join us at Briarcliff. While it is farther to travel, it is the closest event to you guys on our entire schedule. Lookup Nashport, OH in reference to yor loaction. There are also still funds in our First Time Racer Scholarship Fund that might offset the extra travel. Hopefully you'll have enough for a gate at Haspen, but if not, just be aware of an alternative.

--
    Which track do you guys use? I still plan on the Medina Co. fair, and I think Jeff will too if his schedule permits.

"chickenhawk"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //