//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Haspin Acres Motocross, Anyone Interested?

--

Haspin Acres Motocross, Anyone Interested?

I have spoken to the race promoter at Haspin Acres in Laurel Indiana, about adding a three wheeler class or two, to one or more of his events in 2013. We could race on either the night track, the one usually raced at Trikefrest, or on the big track. We would be competing at scheduled motocross events on prepped tracks. Of course, you can always free ride at Haspin before, durring, and after the races.

We need 5 racers to make a class.

There are three racers from Kentucky and one from southern Ohio who are interested in racing there. Are there any Hoosier racers out there that would like to come race with us? There is a Battle Between the States series with potential rounds in Ohio, Kentucky and New York. If we can get some Indiana racers interested, hopefully Indiana could be added to the list as well.

Either way, it would be cool to do more racing there. Anyone interested?

--
    I would be interested. Racing on the small track at night would be cool for sure.

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    If it is the small track I am interested.

--
    We have not decided on which track yet, so I will take that as a vote for the small track. from xrider.

Any reason you are interested in the small track as to compared to the big one x? You can short jump everything on the big track and there is tons of room for passing. Either track is cool though.

That brings us to 6 potential riders, plus another we are working on from Kentucky.

Come on indiana guys, where are you?

rray62 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I like the small track , and the big track for that matter, as long as I don't kill it in the air......plop!!!!!!!!!

"chickenhawk"

Thanks to: Cosmic Quads, Moto Tassinari, CT Racing, Keihin Carbs, Sudco, Renthal, Hinson Racing, Race Tech Suspension, Lonestar Racing, Kenda, ASV levers, Maier, Daystar, OMF wheels, Hel brake lines, Gaerne, Fly Racing gear, Rath racing, Dirt Wheels Magazine.

And most of all, thanks to ATVonDemand!

Also like to thank my sponsor for the Trikefest 2013 Devil's Backbone hill climb in reverse Eric Jensen, without him this would have never been possible.....literally!!!!

--
    Small track is less machine oriented and more rider oriented. Makes for some good close racing.

--
    I can tell you from experance with racing Malvern...night racing is an animal all in it's own( and very cool). Shadows and glare play a bigger role so clean NEW lenses are a must. Big track small track...the racing gonna be close either way. Sr.'s has said this many times, no matter what your skill level or bike size male or female you will find your battles on the track. Meaning, theres always someone to pass or hold off at your pace...even if your in last place you can pass a DNF'er. The challenge is to get the group to the gate...it's more fun than race, with some bragging rights thrown in. This is a group-up type round of events thats gonna take some local boyz to get it together for their State. Of course not being able to run the entire series do to travel on your own...this is were the locals can plan together. The state group can determine a destination within the series to possibly gain the upper hand at an out of State track. I look forward to seeing the BBS becoming 3wheelers ever expanding Series. If you've never been racing and don't jump...nobody cares if you roll every jump and never get out of 3rd gear. It's all high5's at the finish line...and the friendships gained in the pits, priceless. It just takes a few to catch the feaver and lead to your own local series.

--
    As a guy who doesn't consider himself highly skilled, I was hoping to try the big due to all of the extra room and larger layout which would provide a bit more speed and less technical jumps. I'm down for whatever though. I just want to get as many people involved as possible.

Tri-Z, I couldn't agree more.

rray62 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I have raced quite a few night races on the bike and it's a blast!!!!! The best part is when you start blasting through a swarm of bugs!!!!!

"chickenhawk"

Thanks to: Cosmic Quads, Moto Tassinari, CT Racing, Keihin Carbs, Sudco, Renthal, Hinson Racing, Race Tech Suspension, Lonestar Racing, Kenda, ASV levers, Maier, Daystar, OMF wheels, Hel brake lines, Gaerne, Fly Racing gear, Rath racing, Dirt Wheels Magazine.

And most of all, thanks to ATVonDemand!

Also like to thank my sponsor for the Trikefest 2013 Devil's Backbone hill climb in reverse Eric Jensen, without him this would have never been possible.....literally!!!!

--
    I believe someone will get hurt if you run on the big track at haspin acres. It looked to me that Rob was very lucky he didn't get hurt bad doing that 100' jump on the big track in your video. This is just my opinion. That track looks to me to be made for motorcycles.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by stroberts22 View Post
    I believe someone will get hurt if you run on the big track at haspin acres. It looked to me that Rob was very lucky he didn't get hurt bad doing that 100' jump on the big track in your video. This is just my opinion. That track looks to me to be made for motorcycles.
    Dude, I saw you race at Trikefest. I cant believe you aren't itching to race the big track. The jumps on the big track aren't peaked which makes them pretty forgiving. You can short jump most of the jumps on the big track and still carry some speed. i think the big track would be more fun to ride, but if it will take running the small track to get you to come race with us, I'll take that as two votes for the small track.

--
    Big highspeed tracks make for big highspeed wrecks, lol. I think the tighter racing on the small track will be more enjoyable for both riders and spectators

--
    When are you wanting to have the race?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by stroberts22 View Post
    When are you wanting to have the race?
    No date in mind yet, just trying to see if we can get enough people interested to have a class. I need to find out if, or when Haspin's 2013 schedule will be out. I figured I would give this thread another week or two then start looking into potential dates.

Here are the most recent helmet cam videos of each track. Seriously, look at the jumps on the amall track. I think the big track is more trike friendly, with the exception of a couple of huge jumps. I wont be winning either way, but would rather race the big track. Whatever it takes to get people interested in racing is best though.
    Small Track http://youtu.be/e8X4--sHwIs
    http://youtu.be/hawEWGY_IMc
    Big Track http://youtu.be/8aZEYy_Rfuw
    http://youtu.be/iN037gbZdWU

--
    The possibility intrigues me, but as I have NO experience with motocross. I wouldn't even know what I was biting off. I am about an hour and a half from Indy, which is an hour from Haspin? I could definitely come up with a bike that would match up to my limited skills, but I don't even know what a typical good setup for MX is on a 3 wheeler. Obviously, TPC, and/or inverts and a wider axle, but beyond that I'm at a loss. So, put me down as an interested.
    nstyle73

"When in doubt, wind it out"

Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-nstyle73

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //