//ArrowChat Code

Thread: picked up a new toy for the family!

--

picked up a new toy for the family!

i havnt had a sled in years, but recently started browsing around for something old, cheap and reliable to cruise around the house with the family, maybe take the wife out to some state trails. this popped up and i jumped on it! 02 indy touring 340 fan, only 483 miles! 1200.00. It really is just what i was looking for. would have prefered atleast a 500, but oh well, my wife doesnt like going fast anyway lol. I did see some older nice sleds in the 6-8 hundred range, but most needed something, and had much more miles! I figured this would do what i want, and i wont have to work on it much. I have little expierience with sleds, so let me know what you think. only cosmetic flaw, they let the garage door down on the windsheild, and it flexed the hood and cracked it. next to no rust or corrosion on it!

--
    You're getting the big green evil eye here!!!

I was looking for a nice 2up sled..the 340 is a bit light for me another since I'm sort of a big guy and all! Really wanted a Grand Touring..

But still if it had showed up in my area for that price, I'd have bought it and then figured out how well it fit later..

Love those low mileage sleds..

Super score of the day for sure!
    Current toys..
    1986 Honda 350X..trail bomb!
    1985 Honda 250SX..my main mudder
    1985 Honda 250ES..Back in Black Trike
    Current non-trike toys:
    1990 Honda TRX300FW
    1995 Seadoo GTX
    1998 Polaris Indy Lite 340(Nearly new looking)
    1998 Polaris Touring 500
    1998 Club Car (electric)

--
    Considering alot of people don't properly maintain their sleds it's nice to not have to worry about many problems with such a low mileage sled. Looks great by the way.
    1986 KLT 185
    1984 200S

Feedback Thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-Ebaccm26

--
    i hear ya doug, i had concerns about the 340, but figure it is a 2 up, so it must have no problem pulling the weight, as long as you dont want to go 80!! we will see when it snows! i go about 220, and my wife is 105 give or take, i'll let you know how it pulls us!! plus he threw in a brand new parts unlimited cover for it, its on the bike in the backround!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by aldochina View Post
    i hear ya doug, i had concerns about the 340, but figure it is a 2 up, so it must have no problem pulling the weight, as long as you dont want to go 80!! we will see when it snows! i go about 220, and my wife is 105 give or take, i'll let you know how it pulls us!! plus he threw in a brand new parts unlimited cover for it, its on the bike in the backround!
    Well it's the same engine as my Indy Lite so 2 people should be able to pull 45, maybe top to 50 on a well packed trail..

I took my daughter for a short spin on the Indy and the suspension kept bottoming out with the two of us..me(235), her(110). Your unit has the 2up which will I'm sure mean a heavier suspension..should carry the weight better.

For nice trail cruising..that unit you got should be awesome..not super fast, but a good all day rider!
    Current toys..
    1986 Honda 350X..trail bomb!
    1985 Honda 250SX..my main mudder
    1985 Honda 250ES..Back in Black Trike
    Current non-trike toys:
    1990 Honda TRX300FW
    1995 Seadoo GTX
    1998 Polaris Indy Lite 340(Nearly new looking)
    1998 Polaris Touring 500
    1998 Club Car (electric)

--
    sounds like perfect cruising speed!! thanks for the info!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //