//ArrowChat Code

Thread: '80 ATC 185 New coil needs different plug ?

--

'80 ATC 185 New coil needs different plug ?

The coil on my 185 was cracked, so I bought a new NGK one. Problem is the old OEM coil used the small connector for the spark plug and the new one needs the big fat heads like vehicles use. The D8EA's seem to only have the small head. What are my options here? Is there another plug that will work. A place to get the bigger head to screw on to the litle threaded head of the D8EA??

--
    well, I dont know if anyone else will ever run into this problem. What I need is a terminal nut to go over the stud. This is the only place I have been able to find one http://www.partsforscooters.com/145-48_NGK_Terminal_Nut Not sure if a local parts store will have one or not.

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Take the plug cap off of your old coil wire and put it on your new coil wire. It just screws on.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by briano View Post
    Take the plug cap off of your old coil wire and put it on your new coil wire. It just screws on.
    yeah, the tip of the plug contact screws off.... so if your plug came without one.. go to the parts store and get the tip and screw it on....
    i think if you bought the ac or motorcraft it comes with the tip on.... just check...
    cant remember if my ngk's had the tip or not...
    Thanks,
    Chris

84 125m
    83 185s
    83 185s
    83 185s
    84 200es

--
    Got some caps off of an engine at the shop. Thanks for the reply's guys!!
    '

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //