//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tomy poweride atc250r question

--

Tomy poweride atc250r question

I am thinking of buying one of these for a nephew who will be 2 years old in febuary. In this listing it states they break at the neck,,, I would think it might be ok for him since he is so little and doesn't weigh much. What do you guys think? Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tomy-Pow...3525c7&vxp=mtr

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    It will break at the neck. The plastic they used back then has become brittle over the years. Just a slight bump can cause it to crack and or break. Seen a couple broken ones.
    Howdy

--
    Thanks Howdy, Well guess it would just be a kewl item to add for display,would have been an awsome Christmas present!

--
    the plastic is so brittle it will break as soon as you try to tighten up on the neck.i bought one for my little girl and ended up having to build my on triples.
    Signature pic removed,becuase of no helmet.

Rigaman is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    yup. They just snap like nothing. Just the weight of the bike on the front end will snap it.

--
    You cant even insert the steering stem without snapping it. I'll make some parts up for mine someday.......

Old plastic in a hot warehouse = JUNK.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    You cant even insert the steering stem without snapping it. I'll make some parts up for mine someday.......

Old plastic in a hot warehouse = JUNK.
    Some one should make a replacement part for these. I have 8 items I'm working on now, so I'm currently out.
    Howdy

--
    I'll keep these until I'm dead. I have to make up so light weight trees and a stem/some other parts.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sara on tommy -mad .jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	159091

I refurb'd mine with PVC. Then painted the new trees black.
    Man she was PO'd when it broke! 2 year olds.......

--
    I reinforced the whole neck with fiberglass before I even put it together...my daughter's 4 and been riding it for 2 years with no problems...other than it's a little slow for her...almost time for the 70!

--
    The thing is, I have not seen a frame breakage. It's the front end that blows apart, as well as the "triple clamps".

I have some .500 6061 billet so I'll bang a couple out and post it but I am dead for work with all this tenant work......

Still need to find a "heavy ten" South Bend lathe and get cooking here.

I'll get there or I'll die, one of them is a fact!

--
    few pictures of my little girls tomy poweride 250r.the triples were built from 3/16 plate,the stem from all thread 3/4 bolt,bearings/bushings from stacked washers welded together.i did this at work and didnt have much to work with,but it works good for the time being.i also upgrade it with two 12v motors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0025.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	159962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0026.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	159963Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	159964
    Signature pic removed,becuase of no helmet.

--
    I fabbed a triple clamp out of aluminum... I also have a graphics kits designed that mimics a factory honda 82 atc race team 3 wheeler. Old school number plates etc. I'm working on to convert to rubber tires, new motor, and LIpo battery...

--
    im thinkin of buyin one too for my 1 yr old, what am i going to have to do to get the darn thing going? is the battery still available? i know it looks cool and is new but the powerwheels one is only 70$ at walmart this thing is 150$ plus whatever it takes to get it going...

--
    mine snapped on assembly, and been setting since. Some cool ideas in here for a solution! have to get working on something soon!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //