//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Barn find!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberSalt View Post
    Do you have the AC voltage regulator?
    I have run a ricky with an 80w lighting coil with 55/60 halogen bulb and an 1156 tailight with no issues

--
    Neat.

I spoke with the guys at Ricky, they have a AC to DC regulator that handles up to 225 watts. It will charge a battery also. Im going for HIDs going to try and get a 65w.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    Yeah you might want to wait and get a manual for it first so you can check the specs on the lighting coil first Gabriel before replacing it. In stock form the lighting coil voltage is low at idle (8 volts or so) but once up in the R's the mag puts out around 18 volts so it may have simply toasted that BaHa light is all.
    I have never used a voltage reg but don't sound like a bad idea.
    I'll pm you about flywheel.

john

--
    Stock coil uses 175 turnes with 18-19 guage wire. Heads up to those who want to rewind (I may rewind mine my self)

The YT175 coil has a bolt pattern about 2mm wider. SO CLOSE. I wonder if the tecate coil will fit the yt lol
    Last edited by RubberSalt; 12-19-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    I finished my lighting coil last night. Epoxy will be fully set up by the time i get off work. It clears everything under the flywheel. I added a few more turns to it... Its closer to 275 turns opposed to 175 There was room to add a few more, but 78 feet of wire is all I had.

I was talking to a guy at the auto store, He suggested a old 70s jeep CJ5 voltage regulator.

I do have a KLT 200 rectifier I could figure out. It would give me a good charging system also. Allow me to get that 35watt HID, maybe even a 55!
    Couple that with LED tail lights and other accent lights (i <3 leds)...

--
    WOOO!! Lifan motorcycle voltage regulator is like $9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-AC-Volta...6ad1c0&vxp=mtr

headlights, tail lights, turn signals, gauges... They use more power than i do. The regulator should work great :-D

--
    Ahhhhh yes .. Hids on a tecate it can and has been done but your forgetting the tecate puts out ac voltage and u my friend will need dc voltage for the hid.. There's a thread if u use the search bar or google under tecate hid :-)

--

--
    Those are regulators /rectifiers

Im looking into the thread now.

--
    Interesting. I wish we had the results on if the 55w let the battery charge.

Thats pretty much how ill be setting mine up we have the same plans more or less lol.

--
    I got spark tonight!! The source coil was bad. Bought a lot, 4 stators, Put a ugly nasty 1 in and it got spark! I'm going to clean it up and merge together. Going to test out my custom lighting coil and the known good source coil.
    Last edited by RubberSalt; 01-13-2013 at 03:31 AM.

--
    Next on the get engine running list in the intake manifold. Mine got a nice big Rip.

I've got 3 options for this (and i've made up my mind). 1. Cheapest but by far the hardest is to cast my own manifold. 2. Purchase a RED manifold from Jeswinehart when he's ready to make them. He sold me the no magnet flying off fly wheel and I'm more than impressed with it. 3. drop $110 one off ebay.

I'm going with 2 and 1 lol. Jes gave me the knowledge and he has the experience. I want it to work right lol. Then 1 because i want to learn this skill and make other parts

--
    I had one of Johns intake boots on my old Tecate and I was more than impressed with the quality. I ran a 38mm PWK and it slid right in nice and tight. Johns work is second to none, not to mention he's one of the nicest guys on this board. I promise you will not be disappointed.

--
    Ill second that, cant go wrong when you deal with John.
    Just sit back and chillaxx

--
    I more than agree to that statement.

Time to go see if i can make it run. Patched my old intake up for the time being. I give it 6 minutes before it fails lol

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //